#16 OU vs #15 texas 8pm CST on ESPN

Winning is overrated. No difference between being a good team and being a bad one. Final four, here we come!

When the season started, OU was picked around 7th and that's where they ended.

Lots of good bounces early, lots of bad bounces late.

It's a tough league guys, OU can still win a game or two in the NCAA's but I know their confidence is waning.

LK can coach but always at a talent disadvantage against the better teams and that's not going to change.

Last edited:
It seem apparent to me that Kruger’s teams will always struggle to be elite until he recruits an elite/athletic big man - a 4/5 star 6-8+ that can make a difference. i’m tired of seeing us recruit all of these guards! If Coach K can’t recruit them, get someone on the staff that can. For the past few years we’ve been beaten for lack of a versatile big option. I know some of you would say Doolittle. He was good but no assertive enough.

well, don't look for 2022...cause out of the 14 offers, 2 PF 1 C.

Kur was capable of being that guy.... Just didn't fit what kruger wanted to do.

lol...ya show up at the last minute to say that?

When reaves had the ball with his head down, kur had the kid on his front hip...NOTHING between him and the goal.

but ok..not a good pass.

Serious question...you ever play or coached ball? Even rec ball

You sure like to bring up your coaching career.

Also, maybe he didn’t post 100 times during the game because he was, you know, watching the game.

well, see if we can knock off isu in KC...hopefully spring won't allow fans. I'd guess if they do isu will def come down, even with their record.

Boomer

On the bright side....we can only lose two more games.

It seem apparent to me that Kruger’s teams will always struggle to be elite until he recruits an elite/athletic big man - a 4/5 star 6-8+ that can make a difference. i’m tired of seeing us recruit all of these guards! If Coach K can’t recruit them, get someone on the staff that can. For the past few years we’ve been beaten for lack of a versatile big option. I know some of you would say Doolittle. He was good but no assertive enough.

This program is really in need of a Tayshaun Thomas/Ro Osby guy. I don't count Brady because he is not a true post guy....he is just a tall perimeter player forced to play inside. I like our guards, but this is an incomplete team whose best attribute is playing hard. That's a really good attribute to have as a team, but playing hard has a ceiling when your talent is limited.

You sure like to bring up your coaching career.

Also, maybe he didn’t post 100 times during the game because he was, you know, watching the game.

lol...so was I. Believe it or not...it's possible to do both. Glad you can step in for him. I probably watch the game with more detail and actually look for things like that.

Go watch the replay. After Reaves didn't pass it in, Kur even had the same guard on his front hip and no one on help side when Harkless waved him off, drove baseline...stopped about 8 ft out for a pull up that bounced off the rim.

BTW, basketball isn't rocket science...not hard to coach it.

Manek made Kalib Boone and Jericho Sims look like all stars... I swear he doesn't even try.

lol...so was I. Believe it or not...it's possible to do both. Glad you can step in for him. I probably watch the game with more detail and actually look for things like that.

Go watch the replay. After Reaves didn't pass it in, Kur even had the same guard on his front hip and no one on help side when Harkless waved him off, drove baseline...stopped about 8 ft out for a pull up that bounced off the rim.

BTW, basketball isn't rocket science...not hard to coach it.

It's not coincidence this team just keeps coming up short in crunch time, they're not playing team ball and looking to make the hero shot and failing every time. That sequence with Kur was ridiculous and Texas was begging you to throw it in, at worst you get an open look at a 3.

This roster doesn’t have enough skill or athleticism. Playing hard only takes you so far when you’re so limited. Combined with the annual Lon Kruger collapse and it’s too much to overcome.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Every year.

This program is really in need of a Tayshaun Thomas/Ro Osby guy. I don't count Brady because he is not a true post guy....he is just a tall perimeter player forced to play inside. I like our guards, but this is an incomplete team whose best attribute is playing hard. That's a really good attribute to have as a team, but playing hard has a ceiling when your talent is limited.

you're right is a GREAT attribute. Unfortunately teams with better players play hard as well..and even they are not, it's up to the coach to get them to turn it on.

It is what it is, OU wasn't picked high, b12 or nationally. Go 1-1 in the b12, maybe go 2-1 if we really are top 20 team.

Not sure about next yr, I don't see much better.

Athletic ability and post defense are the big issues.

Manek made Kalib Boone and Jericho Sims look like all stars... I swear he doesn't even try.

Brady's minutes should be weird. He is forced to play interior defense against everyone. That is a disadvantage against most of the teams we play except if he is scoring well (like the 2nd OSU game). But at some point, you have to change it up when he become more of a liability than an asset (like tonight)....but it can be tricky. And I'm sick of getting our asses kicked on the boards lately as well. I thought Lon waited way too long to make the switch tonight. We might have won had he done it earlier in the game. But it's easier for me to say in hindsight.

Brady's minutes should be weird. He is forced to play interior defense against everyone. That is a disadvantage against most of the teams we play except if he is scoring well (like the 2nd OSU game). But at some point, you have to change it up when he become more of a liability than an asset (like tonight)....but it can be tricky. And I'm sick of getting our asses kicked on the boards lately as well. I thought Lon waited way too long to make the switch tonight. We might have won had he done it earlier in the game. But it's easier for me to say in hindsight.

isn't that why kruger is getting paid millions to do? :ez-roll:

We haven’t been making enough plays when it matters. Missed FTs, mistakes on D, 1-1 offense, etc. Every possession matters for teams like us and that should have been drummed into heads by now. Applying effort, on the other hand, is not an issue. As a fan I can always watch as long as that continues and will continue to hope we improve in other areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Kur is playing and playing well it is going to be hard for him to keep his stamina when he plays such few minutes in previous games. Chances are it hurts his conditioning to some extent.

Back