2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

Re: 2024 offers/prospects

Clent is a very likeable guy that most kids look up to. He was a state champion at Union, 4-year starter at KSU, and is well-connected including playing with people like Michael Beasley and the Griffin brothers, so let's not pretend he's some random Joe. He could have gone to any school in the country and picked KSU, so it's silly to pretend this is all about on-court success.

He was ranked outside the top 100 (by 247). Those guys can’t go “anywhere.”

When I have a minute I’ll go back and check what some of you were saying about the kid 9 months ago. I’m guessing it’ll sound a lil different.

That one at least makes some sense. More than basically acting like Castillo wasn't realistic because his high school coach had a mediocre career at KSU 15 years ago.

Not every kid in Oklahoma is an OU fan dude....and he was never going to OU. I'm sure PM tried to get in on him but he figured out real quick it wasn't happening. It is just that way in the recruiting world.

When I was recruiting I knew pretty quick which kids to stop wasting time on because they just simply weren't coming my way no matter what I did. You move on and start putting time and energy into the kids you feel like you have a legit shot at.

Not every kid in Oklahoma is an OU fan dude....and he was never going to OU. I'm sure PM tried to get in on him but he figured out real quick it wasn't happening. It is just that way in the recruiting world.

When I was recruiting I knew pretty quick which kids to stop wasting time on because they just simply weren't coming my way no matter what I did. You move on and start putting time and energy into the kids you feel like you have a legit shot at.

Did I say all kids are OU fans? If you can only recruit kids who grew up as fans of your team, that’s going to make it tough to build a good team. But my point is, first of all, his coach was not a ksu “legend.” And second, even if he was, who cares? Do we really think kids pick colleges based on where their high school coach wants them to go?

I just find it amusing that the theme on this kid is that we had no shot, and, beyond that, people act like he might not be that good. If Bill Self wants him, I assume he could help our program.

Just feels like there are so many excuses why we can’t get players. NIL, LNC, bad fans, other teams cheat, it goes on and on. It needs to change or the results won’t change, either.

Last edited:

I think Capel is the only guy I remember doing well in-state recruits, which even that id have to fact check. Lon missed a lot of guys, and I recall Sampson missing on a number of guys as well. This isn't a new problem.

Did I say all kids are OU fans? If you can only recruit kids who grew up as fans of your team, that’s going to make it tough to build a good team. But my point is, first of all, his coach was not a ksu “legend.” And second, even if he was, who cares? Do we really think kids pick colleges based on where their high school coach wants them to go?

I just find it amusing that the theme on this kid is that we had no shot, and, beyond that, people act like he might not be that good. If Bill Self wants him, I assume he could help our program.

Just feels like there are so many excuses why we can’t get players. NIL, LNC, bad fans, other teams cheat, it goes on and on. It needs to change or the results won’t change, either.

Are you insinuating that the staff didn’t go after him? I assure you we tried. He didn’t want to come. Lon Kruger couldn’t consistently get any blue chips out of Oklahoma. Neither could Kelvin.

Are you insinuating that the staff didn’t go after him? I assure you we tried. He didn’t want to come. Lon Kruger couldn’t consistently get any blue chips out of Oklahoma. Neither could Kelvin.

No, I can see how my post came across that way -- poor wording on my part. I wasn't taking a shot at Moser here. My point was that our fans, or at least a lot of them, seem to have excuses ready every time we miss on a player. I agree 100% that there are some kids who have zero interest in a given school, and on those, there really isn't much you can do.

I think Capel is the only guy I remember doing well in-state recruits, which even that id have to fact check. Lon missed a lot of guys, and I recall Sampson missing on a number of guys as well. This isn't a new problem.

Capel got Blake. Taylor was already here so it was easier. LK got Trae, Woodard and Doolittle plus was smart enough to bring back Spangler.

Capel got Blake. Taylor was already here so it was easier. LK got Trae, Woodard and Doolittle plus was smart enough to bring back Spangler.

247sports rating:

Jordan Woodard - 3 star, 168 Natl, 41 PG, 3 OK (OU, Memphis, TT, OSU, Stan)
Kristian Doolittle - 4 star, 118 Natl, 24 SF, 1 OK
Ryan Spangler - 3 star, 186 Natl, 44 PF, 1 OK (Gonzaga, Colo, TCU, Tulsa)
Trae Young - 5 star, 30 Natl, 5 PG, 1 OK (OU, KU, UK, OSU, Duke, BU...etc)

Sounds like we just crush it in Edmond. (Woodard/Doolittle)

I don't mind losing Oklahoma kids to blue bloods or even osu (can't control who a kid grows up liking). I don't like losing Oklahoma kids that OU wants to schools that aren't definitively better programs than OU.

For the most part, I don't believe that has happened in large numbers with any of the recent OU coaches.

I'll rescind Capel. I only remembered Blake and Cade off the top of my head. I didn't remember Xavier, Orton, Rotnei, and Josh Richardson. Blake was monumental, but otherwise he was actually terrible in-state as well

Kruger missed on Pedulla, Alexander, Walker, Thompson, and Robinson in his final two years alone. In his decade at OU, he missed on 9 of the top 10 rated recruits in-state. There's really no positive way to spin this.

Top 150 in-state Rivals recruits during his tenure:
Landed:
16 - Trae
132 - Doolittle
143 - Manek

Didn't land:
21 - Thompson (KU)
61 - Robinson (A&M)
66 - Milton (SMU)
70 - Clark (OSU)
77 - Solomon (OSU)
86 - Alexander (Creighton)
111 - Walker (OSU)
113 - Boone (OSU)
131 - Long (ISU)
142 - Parker (UGA)
147 - Pedulla (VT)
149 - Harris (UTEP)

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/_proinsight/status/1603106404684156928?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/futurefilled/status/1653580622210686978?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/dswervo305/status/1653552757423390720?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1653525661909151746?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/DushawnLondon1/status/1654219926054359043[/TWEET]

Back