2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

Re: 2024 offers/prospects

That's my take. And for the record, I was one of the first to give up on Capel, and one of the first to start expressing my concerns with Lon those last few years. So I've got a pretty good track record of early identifying when an OU coach isn't going to cut it.

I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment of Moser, but this is a weird flex.

"I'm pessimistic about everything, so that eventually when things end, I have enough negative credibility to say I was right."

Some coaches are very good at the mid-major level but that may not translate in a power 5 situation or drive that program upwards like at Gonzaga or San Diego State. Homer Drew did a great job at Valpo but never moved up the ladder. The USC coach was an exception also coming out of Corpus Christi.
Moser may just not be a fit for power 5 job. Time will tell but the sands of the time clock are running quickly.

I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment of Moser, but this is a weird flex.

"I'm pessimistic about everything, so that eventually when things end, I have enough negative credibility to say I was right."

Yes, don’t forget when OU is doing well someone is remarkably silent.

That's not what I said.

I was really high on Capel, until I wasn't. There came a point where it was obvious he wasn't the guy. I got there mentally before most.

Same with Lon. I was luke warm on that hire to begin with, but it grew on me and I understood by Joe C. made it. But there also came a point in those last few seasons where you could just see Lon probably wasn't the guy. Again, I got there before most.

So you can take your "always pessimistic" comment and put it where the sun don't shine. Respectfully.

Some coaches are very good at the mid-major level but that may not translate in a power 5 situation or drive that program upwards like at Gonzaga or San Diego State. Homer Drew did a great job at Valpo but never moved up the ladder. The USC coach was an exception also coming out of Corpus Christi.
Moser may just not be a fit for power 5 job. Time will tell but the sands of the time clock are running quickly.

Agreed. I make this comment all the time. Success at one place does not automatically mean success at another. Especially if the coach is moving up in terms of competition level/size. College sports history is chalked full of examples of that.

Sad that we can't all be mental giants. ;)

That's not what I said.

I was really high on Capel, until I wasn't. There came a point where it was obvious he wasn't the guy. I got there mentally before most.

Same with Lon. I was luke warm on that hire to begin with, but it grew on me and I understood by Joe C. made it. But there also came a point in those last few seasons where you could just see Lon probably wasn't the guy. Again, I got there before most.

So you can take your "always pessimistic" comment and put it where the sun don't shine. Respectfully.

Wow folks, it sounds like we are all in the presence of greatness here.

This started as a weird flex, and then has gone downward from there. I love it. I hope you keep responding!

To recap, you thought Lon was a bad hire, but then he brought us to the Final 4 (you were wrong). After bringing us to the Final 4, you thought he was great, but then his success started to fade (you were wrong again). You also thought Capel was a great hire, but then he floundered (you were wrong).

What was your point again? That you are continuously wrong or that you change your mind several times during each coach's tenure? I look forward to your reply!

For someone who's dished out almost 11,000 critical posts here, you seem to struggle with handling criticism yourself. Weird.

Geez.. season cant get here fast enough. So the ladys locker room will hopefully clear out

This started as a weird flex, and then has gone downward from there. I love it. I hope you keep responding!

To recap, you thought Lon was a bad hire, but then he brought us to the Final 4 (you were wrong). After bringing us to the Final 4, you thought he was great, but then his success started to fade (you were wrong again). You also thought Capel was a great hire, but then he floundered (you were wrong).

What was your point again? That you are continuously wrong or that you change your mind several times during each coach's tenure? I look forward to your reply!

For a "doctor" you don't comprehend what you read very well.

That is a terrible take on what I actually said. But go on, keep kissing PM's backside while his career coaching record keeps getting worse and worse. Never seen so much support for a guy with a 148-182 record in conference games.

19 seasons of coaching, and I'd say he's had 9 bad or terrible seasons, 8 mediocre seasons, and 2 really good ones. He better be sending Krutwig a pretty nice Christmas gift every year.

For someone who's dished out almost 11,000 critical posts here, you seem to struggle with handling criticism yourself. Weird.

And you seem to struggle with actually talking hoops. Have anything of substance to contribute to an OU basketball site? Or just going to keep taking shots at those of us that do?

For a "doctor" you don't comprehend what you read very well.

That is a terrible take on what I actually said. But go on, keep kissing PM's backside while his career coaching record keeps getting worse and worse. Never seen so much support for a guy with a 148-182 record in conference games.

19 seasons of coaching, and I'd say he's had 9 bad or terrible seasons, 8 mediocre seasons, and 2 really good ones. He better be sending Krutwig a pretty nice Christmas gift every year.

I have never said Moser is our savior, or even that he'll have a job next year. But make sure to be as negative as possible so that you can flex on people for your decades of work.

I have never said Moser is our savior, or even that he'll have a job next year. But make sure to be as negative as possible so that you can flex on people for your decades of work.

Like I pointed out the other day, I've been pretty POSITIVE about our guard situation and what I expect us to do next year (ie, make the Dance).

WTSooner positive post - *crickets*

WTSooner "negative" post - "Why the f do you never post anything positive?"

Some of ya'll just like to fight/fuss/argue. Comical really.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsOK/status/1676935674715418629?s=20[/TWEET]

To watch Forsythe obviously.

If OU strikes out on certain kids, I could see them possibly entertaining the idea of offering Warlick. Maybe, late in the cycle.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JoshForsythe16/status/1676788696236924928?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsOK/status/1676935674715418629?s=20[/TWEET]

To watch Forsythe obviously.

If OU strikes out on certain kids, I could see them possibly entertaining the idea of offering Warlick. Maybe, late in the cycle.

Warlick any worse than when we gave a scholly to CJ Cole or to Lazenby out of terrible NOC (no other choice)? Still would rather take a flyer on someone with more size if that is the case

Warlick any worse than when we gave a scholly to CJ Cole or to Lazenby out of terrible NOC (no other choice)? Still would rather take a flyer on someone with more size if that is the case

He’s undersized but can play. Better than Cole and Lazenby. If you’ve watched Ed North the past several years you come away more impressed with him than TO.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/status/1676999883679465500?s=20[/TWEET]

Back