2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

Re: 2024 offers/prospects

I’ve never seen him play and hadn’t watched a second of his highlights till this specific video, so my opinion is worth very little here (some obviously think my opinion is always worth nothing lol). That said, my initial reaction is that he seems like he would be in the same category as the two guards who just left. Hopefully he is a better athlete, or at least in better shape, than Noland. But the consensus on the board is that Cortes isn’t the type of guy who could thrive at OU. I have a hard time seeing this guy being anything more than that. Unless he is an absolute knockdown shooter, is he the type of player who could elevate us beyond the disappointing level we have been at the past two years? I’m open to being convinced otherwise by people who have seen him and can credibly speak about his game.

I worry about the transition to tge Big 12 too...but I think he shoots better then Cortes. On film he looks a little more athletic but I can't tell just from film.

Anyone on here seen him in person?

I worry about the transition to tge Big 12 too...but I think he shoots better then Cortes. On film he looks a little more athletic but I can't tell just from film.

Anyone on here seen him in person?

I’ve seen him in person about 5-7 times the last 3 years. He’s evolved this year to in that he always makes the right play until he needs to take over. He’s athletic enough, shoots really well, plays hard & good defense.

He was the best high school player in Oklahoma last year, not the most talented though. I’d compare him to Jordan Woodard.

I’ve seen him in person about 5-7 times the last 3 years. He’s evolved this year to in that he always makes the right play until he needs to take over. He’s athletic enough, shoots really well, plays hard & good defense.

He was the best high school player in Oklahoma last year, not the most talented though. I’d compare him to Jordan Woodard.

He looks good on film but hard to tell the comp although he looks good on Team Griffin too....and that is against way better comp

Think that’s a great comp. Better defense. Couple momentum changing blocks at peach jam. Can score. Willing passer.

Not as athletic/flashy as Bijan.

He had more defensive highlights in that clip than Noland had in 2 years at OU. Always have a need for 15 minute a game guys, he's a take.

That said, my initial reaction is that he seems like he would be in the same category as the two guards who just left. Hopefully he is a better athlete, or at least in better shape, than Noland.

Think that’s a great comp. Better defense. Couple momentum changing blocks at peach jam. Can score. Willing passer.

Not as athletic/flashy as Bijan.

More athletic Cade Davis?

He had more defensive highlights in that clip than Noland had in 2 years at OU. Always have a need for 15 minute a game guys, he's a take.

I’m confident CJ blocked a shot or two and came up with some steals in high school, too. This board was high on him coming into college, too.

I’m confident CJ blocked a shot or two and came up with some steals in high school, too. This board was high on him coming into college, too.

So were the rankings services--he was a top 100 player.

I’ve seen him 4 times in person. He is more athletic than he looks. Woodard is a good comparison, I think he is bigger/more athletic than Woodard and scores better. I saw Bijan in person in high school and Dayton is a better basketball player than Bijan. He won’t be the best player on any team at OU but he the kind of guy you need to win.

I’ve seen him 4 times in person. He is more athletic than he looks. Woodard is a good comparison, I think he is bigger/more athletic than Woodard and scores better. I saw Bijan in person in high school and Dayton is a better basketball player than Bijan. He won’t be the best player on any team at OU but he the kind of guy you need to win.

Think he’s a better scorer than Woodard? I was thinking his playmaking was a little better, but thought Woodard was a little better scorer. Hard to tell because of the different classes they played.

I don’t think he’s very similar to Bijan. Bijan had great handles & I still say he’s the best passer I’ve seen in high school in Oklahoma.

Can he play above the rim at all? When I think of good athletes at the Big 12 or SEC level, that’s what I think of.

Can he play above the rim at all? When I think of good athletes at the Big 12 or SEC level, that’s what I think of.

Like dunk and rebound. Yes.

Watch a few clips. He took 1 step and dropped stepped dunk on someone at TOC.
6a school. TOC champs. Producing at EYLB with the big boys. This isn’t prep hoops local circuit.

A lot of excuses for lack of offense.

Buddy Hield is from the Bahamas.

Jk, a little bit.

I'd take the Turkish kid. I went and looked at his IG - https://www.instagram.com/karahanefeoglu/ - I'd be okay with taking the chance on him with the last scholly. It doesn't work? Eh, oh well, better than wasting it.

very much agree a 6'8 true 4 is something this roster doesn't have and if he can help great if he can't then he gets processed .

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1677372643945635852?s=20[/TWEET]

very much agree a 6'8 true 4 is something this roster doesn't have and if he can help great if he can't then he gets processed .

I watched the videos on it and the picture in the post isn't the same player that the videos highlight.

Is it the kid in the picture with short hair? Or the athletic one with Dirk Nowitzki??

Update:
I searched for more video and found some. He looks like a typical, under the rim, European plodder thar isn't overly athletic but has a smooth stroke. He can hit the three, which we can use, but looks like he'd struggle defensively and not a great rebounder. Spent most of his time in the videos I watched hovering around the arc. He'd make a solid stretch guy at the four and has the body to mix it up inside but I'd have to see it.

Last edited:

I watched the videos on it and the picture in the post isn't the same player that the videos highlight.

Is it the kid in the picture with short hair? Or the athletic one with Dirk Nowitzki??

Update:
I searched for more video and found some. He looks like a typical, under the rim, European plodder thar isn't overly athletic but has a smooth stroke. He can hit the three, which we can use, but looks like he'd struggle defensively and not a great rebounder. Spent most of his time in the videos I watched hovering around the arc. He'd make a solid stretch guy at the four and has the body to mix it up inside but I'd have to see it.

based on your scout i would say that OU should pass ... if he could play the 5 that would be one thing .. but OU needs and wants athletes at the 4 ..

based on your scout i would say that OU should pass ... if he could play the 5 that would be one thing .. but OU needs and wants athletes at the 4 ..

Mind you thar was watching a couple of films. Eduardo Najera wasn't super athletic either and I would take him 100 times out of 100.

Back