2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

Re: 2024 offers/prospects

I’ve seen him in person about 5-7 times the last 3 years. He’s evolved this year to in that he always makes the right play until he needs to take over. He’s athletic enough, shoots really well, plays hard & good defense.

He was the best high school player in Oklahoma last year, not the most talented though. I’d compare him to Jordan Woodard.

Terrible comparison. Woodard was a top 100 player nationally, which was too low compared to his career. Scored 1000 pints in his career, landing him top 20 in career scorers, top 10 in 3ptrs, and went to 3 NCAA tournaments including a sweet 16 and Final 4. Arguably the 3nd best player on that team.

Athletically, Woodard could put his neck above the rim. Had a 42 inch vertical. Forsythe ceiling is a Bijan with a better IQ.

Last edited:

Terrible comparison. Woodard was a top 100 player nationally, which was too low compared to his career. Scored 1000 pints in his career, landing him top 20 in career scorers, top 10 in 3ptrs, and went to 3 NCAA tournaments including a sweet 16 and fFinal 4. Arguably the 3nd best player on that team.
lol I’m comparing their style in high school. It’s a pretty good comparison. Woodard was #148 & Forsythe is #222 & probably climbing. Please go troll somewhere else.

Terrible comparison. Woodard was a top 100 player nationally, which was too low compared to his career. Scored 1000 pints in his career, landing him top 20 in career scorers, top 10 in 3ptrs, and went to 3 NCAA tournaments including a sweet 16 and Final 4. Arguably the 3nd best player on that team.

Athletically, Woodard could put his neck above the rim. Had a 42 inch vertical.

2nd best on that OU team by far imo

I definitely would give Cousins the nod but Woodard was very, very good. Certainly a fantastic third option, and on given nights, he certainly could be the second option if Cousins was off. I’ll never forget how good Jordan was in the triple OT game in Lawrence. This kid would have to be one heck of a player to have the potential to come close to doing that against elite competition.

I definitely would give Cousins the nod but Woodard was very, very good. Certainly a fantastic third option, and on given nights, he certainly could be the second option if Cousins was off. I’ll never forget how good Jordan was in the triple OT game in Lawrence. This kid would have to be one heck of a player to have the potential to come close to doing that against elite competition.

Very good player, absolutely. I just think there’s a better argument that he was 4th instead of 2nd.

Loved Woodard. Would love to have him on the team right now.

Very good player, absolutely. I just think there’s a better argument that he was 4th instead of 2nd.

I’d take him over Spangler by a mile. Spangler did a lot of good things, but Woodard was a much better offensive player, and also seemed much mentally tougher in big spots. I just really liked Woodard as a player, so it would be impressive if Forsythe is even in the same stratosphere.

I’d take him over Spangler by a mile. Spangler did a lot of good things, but Woodard was a much better offensive player, and also seemed much mentally tougher in big spots. I just really liked Woodard as a player, so it would be impressive if Forsythe is even in the same stratosphere.

Again it’s a high school comparison.

Agreed. I'm surprised anybody would argue Cousins wasn't the second-best. He wasn't nearly as smooth on offense as Woodard, but it's hard to argue with the results. As a ballhandler, I was always nervous he would lose the ball, but he rarely did. I also thought his shot looked ugly, but hard to argue with shooting >40% from 3 for 3 consecutive years. Woodard on the other hand looked incredibly smooth as a freshman both as a shooter and ballhandler, and I certainly had higher expectations at that point in his career than Cousins. Cousins just continued to beat the eye test.

But the year Woodward was the MAN, the year he's got to carry us for the post-FF transition........do we just wipe that from our memories? I think I have a pretty good idea what was going on. But I also feel like the vast majority of it never made the news.

I'll take Spangler over just about anybody. Of course, I like guys who'll go grab a rebound, too.

But the year Woodward was the MAN, the year he's got to carry us for the post-FF transition........do we just wipe that from our memories? I think I have a pretty good idea what was going on. But I also feel like the vast majority of it never made the news.

I'll take Spangler over just about anybody. Of course, I like guys who'll go grab a rebound, too.

The year where he averaged 14 points in 20 games with a bunch of inexperienced players?

You’re taking Spangler over the person who’s 14th all time in scoring at OU, 4th in assist and 7th in steals? Got it! The sneak personal diss doesn’t discredit his career.

The year where he averaged 14 points in 20 games with a bunch of inexperienced players?

You’re taking Spangler over the person who’s 14th all time in scoring at OU, 4th in assist and 7th in steals? Got it! The sneak personal diss doesn’t discredit his career.

I’ll take Spangler, and I really liked Woodard.

That's my stance, too. But I'd take Spangler over a ton of people. Like I said, I'm biased toward rebounders.

I'd probably go Spangler as well. He wasn't just our best rebounder -- he led the league in rebounding. Per sports-reference, he's third in career rebounding since 2009 for the Big 12. He had limitations as an overall player, so I understand some debate about if he or Woodard are better in isolation, but there's no question who was more valuable to that team. In fact, he's clearly #2 ahead of both Cousins and Woodard in terms of importance to that team.

Spangler disappeared too often in big moments. He’d lose confidence and wouldn’t even be willing to shoot. Happened in the triple OT game, happened in the conference tourney two years in a row. He was a great rebounder and very good defender, but his offense was way too inconsistent.

I don’t know what happened to Woodard in the ‘16-‘17 season as far as off the court stuff. I’ve seen a lot of people somewhat irresponsibly speculate/comment about it on here, but no one ever comes out and says anything directly. But when he did play that season, he played his butt off.

Spangler disappeared too often in big moments. He’d lose confidence and wouldn’t even be willing to shoot. Happened in the triple OT game

You've mentioned that KU game multiple times, so let's at least put the facts out there:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2016-01-04-kansas.html

Spangler had 18 rebounds. EIGHTEEN. Against KU. He was also OU's third leading scorer with a 63.6 TS%. If that's an off-night for him, then he must be a HOFer.

Back