2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

Re: 2024 offers/prospects

Gotta get the Forsythe kid since we missed on TO and it’s not a good look for moser missing out on these in state kids

Gotta get the Forsythe kid since we missed on TO and it’s not a good look for moser missing out on these in state kids

Same look that every OU coach has gotten pretty much. No OU coach in recent memory has gotten a lot of the in-state kids. This isn't new and this isn't a PM problem.

I kind of feel like to break that cycle we probably need a head coach who is an OK guy, grew up here and has a ton of ties here. Maybe that is me over analyzing it but we have a history of losing good in state kids.

To be honest, until we invest in basketball and make it a priority we will probably never see that issue fixed.

[
Same look that every OU coach has gotten pretty much. No OU coach in recent memory has gotten a lot of the in-state kids. This isn't new and this isn't a PM problem.

I kind of feel like to break that cycle we probably need a head coach who is an OK guy, grew up here and has a ton of ties here. Maybe that is me over analyzing it but we have a history of losing good in state kids.

To be honest, until we invest in basketball and make it a priority we will probably never see that issue fixed.

This is the issue. It is a known issue. Ou fanbase/donor base just doesn’t care/doesn’t have the means to be great at basketball. Football is the only real priority of the fanbase.

OU has NOT lost a lot of in-state kids they really wanted unless it was to blue blood programs (KU, UK, Duke) or maybe OSU.

Name me 5 in-state kids OU pushed hard on, that didn't go blue blood or OSU, in the 10 years prior to PM taking over at OU.

Last edited:

OU has NOT lost a lot of in-state kids they really wanted unless it was to blue blood programs (KU, UK, Duke) or maybe OSU.

Name me 5 in-state kids OU pushed hard on, that didn't go blue blood or OSU, in the 10 years prior to PM taking over at OU.

Dude...I just said they have not gotten a lot of the big OK kids. I didn't really say to who. The fact remains we have lost a LOT of our blue chip kids.

This dude is offering unskilled Africans from the prephoops circuit circuit? And he’s getting beat for recruits by Dickie Nutt?

He’s done?

This dude is offering unskilled Africans from the prephoops circuit circuit? And he’s getting beat for recruits by Dickie Nutt?

He’s done?

He isn't playing on the prephoops circuit. It is the NXT Pro Hoops Circuit. They run the PRO16 League that has about 15 guys that are in the top 100. This league is blowing up. Last live period they had about 200 college coaches and they are expected to have 300 college coaches next weekend in Houston.

As for Papa N'Diaye I have watched him quite a few times and although he is a little raw he is pretty impressive to watch. He is easy to notice when you walk into the gym given his tall, slim yet athletic 7 footer. N'Diaye has definitely grown into his body because he isn't very clumsy as one would expect from a seven footer who hasn't been playing that long. This is obvious, but he is really good on defense and shows a high level anticipation for blocks. He isn't jump happy and doesn't swing for the ball, but rather blocks with patience and gets transitions going through smart blocks that are almost passes. Loved watching him on the offensive end. He had this seal he would deploy around 15 feet (like nba centers) and would either go to the middle and hit a floater or would spin, face his man and hit a jumper. He does need to get stronger, but most guys his size and age do. He can get pushed around some on the boards, but he needs to work on sealing guys better and he will.

I hope that OU has a chance with him, but when I watched him so was every coach from the Big 12 and most of the SEC (ark, kentucky, bama and etc)

I've also watched Kuol Atak play half a dozen times. He is very thin and can get pushed around a bit, but he is a guard/small forward even if his is listed other wise. He has deep range and a decent handle for his size. He has a very quick, consistent shooting motion. He does tend to shoot alot, but that is also given he is the best player on his team (he plays for the same team Anthony Black, 3D Empire) and his coaches want him shooting. He can flat out score it and another guy that I hope we land. Kuol also plays in the PRO16 League.

He isn't playing on the prephoops circuit. It is the NXT Pro Hoops Circuit. They run the PRO16 League that has about 15 guys that are in the top 100. This league is blowing up. Last live period they had about 200 college coaches and they are expected to have 300 college coaches next weekend in Houston.

As for Papa N'Diaye I have watched him quite a few times and although he is a little raw he is pretty impressive to watch. He is easy to notice when you walk into the gym given his tall, slim yet athletic 7 footer. N'Diaye has definitely grown into his body because he isn't very clumsy as one would expect from a seven footer who hasn't been playing that long. This is obvious, but he is really good on defense and shows a high level anticipation for blocks. He isn't jump happy and doesn't swing for the ball, but rather blocks with patience and gets transitions going through smart blocks that are almost passes. Loved watching him on the offensive end. He had this seal he would deploy around 15 feet (like nba centers) and would either go to the middle and hit a floater or would spin, face his man and hit a jumper. He does need to get stronger, but most guys his size and age do. He can get pushed around some on the boards, but he needs to work on sealing guys better and he will.

I hope that OU has a chance with him, but when I watched him so was every coach from the Big 12 and most of the SEC (ark, kentucky, bama and etc)

I've also watched Kuol Atak play half a dozen times. He is very thin and can get pushed around a bit, but he is a guard/small forward even if his is listed other wise. He has deep range and a decent handle for his size. He has a very quick, consistent shooting motion. He does tend to shoot alot, but that is also given he is the best player on his team (he plays for the same team Anthony Black, 3D Empire) and his coaches want him shooting. He can flat out score it and another guy that I hope we land. Kuol also plays in the PRO16 League.

He’s below OU.Prephoops Next Pro, it’s all the same.

We don't push that hard for guys that aren't blue blood caliber. And OSU ain't even close to a blue blood. Pretty meaningless stance to take.

We don't push that hard for guys that aren't blue blood caliber. And OSU ain't even close to a blue blood. Pretty meaningless stance to take.

Not really. People say we don't recruit the state well. I say the OU program is of a level where there aren't a lot of kids we should be recruiting, and a lot of the ones that we should be recruiting either go to blue blood programs (OU basketball is not a blue blood, can't say it's bad recruiting when a kid chooses Kansas over OU) or OSU (again, some in-state kids are brought up liking OSU better, or want the small town college experience, again, not necessarily bad recruiting).

Are there kids that fly under the radar, go to much smaller universities, and do well enough that if they had the same career path, they could have helped OU? Sure. But there aren't many of those either.

OU basketball has plenty of problems. In-state recruiting isn't really one of them.

Not really. People say we don't recruit the state well. I say the OU program is of a level where there aren't a lot of kids we should be recruiting, and a lot of the ones that we should be recruiting either go to blue blood programs (OU basketball is not a blue blood, can't say it's bad recruiting when a kid chooses Kansas over OU) or OSU (again, some in-state kids are brought up liking OSU better, or want the small town college experience, again, not necessarily bad recruiting).

Are there kids that fly under the radar, go to much smaller universities, and do well enough that if they had the same career path, they could have helped OU? Sure. But there aren't many of those either.

OU basketball has plenty of problems. In-state recruiting isn't really one of them.

I'm going to quote what I posted in another thread. There were 15 top 150 kids in Lon's tenure and he landed 3 of them. There is no way to put lipstick on that pig.

I'll rescind Capel. I only remembered Blake and Cade off the top of my head. I didn't remember Xavier, Orton, Rotnei, and Josh Richardson. Blake was monumental, but otherwise he was actually terrible in-state as well

Kruger missed on Pedulla, Alexander, Walker, Thompson, and Robinson in his final two years alone. In his decade at OU, he missed on 9 of the top 10 rated recruits in-state. There's really no positive way to spin this.

Top 150 in-state Rivals recruits during his tenure:
Landed:
16 - Trae
132 - Doolittle
143 - Manek

Didn't land:
21 - Thompson (KU)
61 - Robinson (A&M)
66 - Milton (SMU)
70 - Clark (OSU)
77 - Solomon (OSU)
86 - Alexander (Creighton)
111 - Walker (OSU)
113 - Boone (OSU)
131 - Long (ISU)
142 - Parker (UGA)
147 - Pedulla (VT)
149 - Harris (UTEP)

I'm going to quote what I posted in another thread. There were 15 top 150 kids in Lon's tenure and he landed 3 of them. There is no way to put lipstick on that pig.

Out of those misses, most simply preferred osu and i only would have wanted thompson robinson milton alexander anyway.

WTSooner is right. OU beats OSU most of the time for the top instate kid. Losing them to Creighton, Missouri, and OSU the last 3 years is a strong indication.

Huuuumm! So Lon signed three of the state’s fifteen top players in eleven years as OU’s head coach, yet he continues to be revered as if he could do no wrong! I’m anxious to hear what the Kruger apologists (now known as the Moser bashers) have to say about that?

For the record, I liked LK and I’m not a PM fan! I am also on record as saying that the season ahead should be Porter’s last if we don’t see a marked improvement.

However, I would not feel good about seeing him go before he has a chance to prove himself. Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems to me that some here want Porter gone no matter what he accomplishes this season.

However, I would not feel good about seeing him go before he has a chance to prove himself. Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems to me that some here want Porter gone no matter what he accomplishes this season.

That's because some of us can see the writing on the wall.

PM isn't going to leave OU with the legacy that we'd consider successful.

IMO, his ceiling is something like Lon's tenure, without the FF. He is going to get us to the Dance if he is here long enough. I just don't think he is the guy to lead our program forward. I don't expect his tenure to be consistent at all. I don't expect him to take an OU team to the Dance, then take the next 5-7 teams to the Dance as well. His tenure will be spotty, up and down, and likely won't have the highs of a conference championship or FF.

That's my take. And for the record, I was one of the first to give up on Capel, and one of the first to start expressing my concerns with Lon those last few years. So I've got a pretty good track record of early identifying when an OU coach isn't going to cut it.

That's because some of us can see the writing on the wall.

PM isn't going to leave OU with the legacy that we'd consider successful.

IMO, his ceiling is something like Lon's tenure, without the FF. He is going to get us to the Dance if he is here long enough. I just don't think he is the guy to lead our program forward. I don't expect his tenure to be consistent at all. I don't expect him to take an OU team to the Dance, then take the next 5-7 teams to the Dance as well. His tenure will be spotty, up and down, and likely won't have the highs of a conference championship or FF.

That's my take. And for the record, I was one of the first to give up on Capel, and one of the first to start expressing my concerns with Lon those last few years. So I've got a pretty good track record of early identifying when an OU coach isn't going to cut it.

To be fair, is there a coach out there you would rather have that would be willing to take OU to the next level? Especially knowing the level of investment/support from the OU fan base and administration?

To be fair, is there a coach out there you would rather have that would be willing to take OU to the next level? Especially knowing the level of investment/support from the OU fan base and administration?

My expectations aren't all that high. I'm not expecting NC's or a bunch of FF's. I hope we get there, I hope we reach both of those levels, but we don't have to for me to be content.

Consistency. That is the #1 thing to me. Here is what I want to see, consistently:

* Top 4-5 finishes in conference (looking at the SEC)
* Making the NCAA Tournament (shouldn't really miss more than once a decade)
* 22-25 wins a season (less important if we're still reaching the top 2)
* Like the win total, I don't really care what we do in the Dance, as I think production there will come if we're getting there 90% of the time. I'm okay with something like 3 Sweet 16's or better per 10 years.

The first two are the big ones. Finish in the top 1/3 of the SEC and make the Dance. There are coaches out there that can get OU to that level, that would indeed come here. I honestly believe that.

Back