21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

lexusooner

Reaction score
C T.Groves 2nd Issanza
PF Hill 2nd J.Groves
SF Harkless 2nd J.Groves/O’Garro
SG Gibson 2nd Noland/Mason
PG Goldwire 2nd Cortez/Mason

Obviously it’s way too early... I’ve got little Groves backing up both forward spots.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for two years now. No reason to give up on him now. Jalen Hill is going to make a massive leap into next year and shock some people. I think he'll be the starter barring the commitment of someone like Bryson Williams.

IMO, I don't think it's ANY guarantee that the younger Groves brother automatically starts. DO NOT discount the ability of Jalen Hill!! And in case some of you haven't done the research...Jacob Groves had a GREAT game against KU, hitting 4-5 from the 3 pt line.

HOWEVER, did you all realize that in the other 23 games this year, he only hit more than 1 3 pointer in a game, TWO times?? And in both of those games, he only hit 2 in each. SO no...Jacob Groves is NO savior...and will be a step down from even Manek's outside shooting!!

I'm still glad we got him, but I don't expect more than 7-8 ppg from him next season. Time will tell.

That looks like a bubble team to me which a is a far cry from where things stood two weeks ago. We were staring down the barrel of a 12-18 type season before Moser went on a run.

Most bigs are not relied on to create a bevy of points from the outside. I think he averaged around 17 points/game and if he wasn't doing it from the outside then that means he was doing it elsewhere. Secondly, we have desperately, yes desperately, needed an inside scoring threat so as to give some operating space to the guards who can do their thing. If you look at how open our opponents were from the perimeter over the past seasons it was because they had a scoring threat close to the basket. Iowa State had open shot after open shot from the 3 because of an inside presence. Currently, Jalen Hill is no big man Groves.

We were talking Jacob, not tanner. Jacob is a little more Tyler Neal.

That looks like a bubble team to me which a is a far cry from where things stood two weeks ago. We were staring down the barrel of a 12-18 type season before Moser went on a run.

this team is a bubble team?

this team is a bubble team?

I see where you're coming from on this, but gotta see the freshmen in action and get a single backup post before we go much farther than that. Gimme Bryce and Williams, and I'll start up the hyperbole train.

I see where you're coming from on this, but gotta see the freshmen in action and get a single backup post before we go much farther than that. Gimme Bryce and Williams, and I'll start up the hyperbole train.

A post will come in some form or fashion. This team will defend! Need that extra scoring punch.

A post will come in some form or fashion. This team will defend! Need that extra scoring punch.

I'm telling you ... give me Bryson Williams and Bryce Thompson, and I will honestly go full crimson colored glasses and start buying my big 12 championship memorabilia.

I've been saying this for two years now. No reason to give up on him now. Jalen Hill is going to make a massive leap into next year and shock some people. I think he'll be the starter barring the commitment of someone like Bryson Williams.

I agree. I think he can score somewhere between 8 and 10 per game rebound well and play good defense. 10 and 6 is a very good season and he has the ability to do it this year IMO

I agree. I think he can score somewhere between 8 and 10 per game rebound well and play good defense. 10 and 6 is a very good season and he has the ability to do it this year IMO

Randomly selected stat to prove my point. We were 1-6 when Hill played less than 15 minutes this year. 15-5 when he played 15+ minutes. That might be more about who played over him than vice versa, but I'm sticking to my guns. :)

Wonder if he got injured in the KSU game. He didn't play many minutes for the remainder of the regular season and shot it really bad and then all of a sudden is playing 20+ minutes per game when we get to the NCAA tournament again. He's a glue guy that will do all the dirty work. Jameel Heywood and Johnnie Gilbert but with basketball skills.

Last edited:
I see great potential in Hill as well.
I'd pencil him in until groves shows he is a better option

Randomly selected stat to prove my point. We were 1-6 when Hill played less than 15 minutes this year. 15-5 when he played 15+ minutes. That might be more about who played over him than vice versa, but I'm sticking to my guns. :)

Wonder if he got injured in the KSU game. He didn't play many minutes for the remainder of the regular season and shot it really bad and then all of a sudden is playing 20+ minutes per game when we get to the NCAA tournament again. He's a glue guy that will do all the dirty work. Jameel Heywood and Johnnie Gilbert but with basketball skills.

Big hill fan. Plus the loyalty he showed is impressive. Could’ve easily bounced to UNLV.

Big hill fan. Plus the loyalty he showed is impressive. Could’ve easily bounced to UNLV.

agreed. i'm not focused on points with that guy. defend, rebound, be a banger, and make the plays that extend possesions or start fastbreaks. and when he shoots, if he would just shoot with the confidence of kuath, he will make a few more.

Interesting stat, and agree on Hill's value. He's the ultimate glue guy. Keeps the ball moving on offense, crashes for rebounds on offense and defense, and has defensive versatility. Harkless, J. Groves, and Hill will be a nice 3 man rotation at the 3 and 4 spots.

Honestly, I can't believe Hill didn't transfer to UNLV. For one thing, he's a Vegas kid, close to home. Hartman and Vic are there. The coach who recruited him's son is the coach. He must really love OU. Of course conference affiliation, stage, brand, and overall bball tradition is a no brainer for OU. Wonder if he has a girl here too. Now make no mistake, I believe OU has tons more to offer than UNLV. Just seemed like a slam dunk with all those factors for them.

I'm anxious to see what kind of improvements the Kruger guys can make under Moser and staff's player development.

Honestly, I can't believe Hill didn't transfer to UNLV. For one thing, he's a Vegas kid, close to home. Hartman and Vic are there. The coach who recruited him's son is the coach. He must really love OU. Of course conference affiliation, stage, brand, and overall bball tradition is a no brainer for OU. Wonder if he has a girl here too. Now make no mistake, I believe OU has tons more to offer than UNLV. Just seemed like a slam dunk with all those factors for them.

I'm anxious to see what kind of improvements the Kruger guys can make under Moser and staff's player development.

Some kids also like to be away from home for college. Something new and different.

Back