Exhibition Observations

Wow what a waste. Talk about someone who can’t get their * together.

I don't know what the specific issue was that led to his departure, but better he leaves now than have it come up mid-season and leave then. I wish him the best in getting it all straightened out.

I pretty sure Sooner04 nailed this one a while back.

He is still on the team currently.

Think he’ll play Tuesday?

My last comment was based on the fact that it APPEARED that he’d left, come back, and left again. If that’s not the case and he’s in good standing with the team, then, my bad.

I hope he is still on the team and has an incredible year. Yes, there has been a lot of smoke around this guy’s inability to stick around…. Hope he does!

Think he’ll play Tuesday?

My last comment was based on the fact that it APPEARED that he’d left, come back, and left again. If that’s not the case and he’s in good standing with the team, then, my bad.

I hope he is still on the team and has an incredible year. Yes, there has been a lot of smoke around this guy’s inability to stick around…. Hope he does!

Heard there would be a final decision determined tonight.

I believe the missed exh vs RSU was a result of the off the court stuff.

Other poster may have more knowledge, but my guys says he's still on the team as of 1pm.

Side note. he is one of the most active instagram players we have and as late as yesterday he was still posting about his teammates game.

We all know he has some demons in Oklahoma. Hopefully he can overcome them.

Last edited:
He was at the softball field via twitter with the team today.

I second this regarding my own post. Fingers crossed for him to work things out and have a great season as a Sooner.

Heard there would be a final decision determined tonight.

I believe the missed exh vs RSU was a result of the off the court stuff.

Other poster may have more knowledge, but my guys says he's still on the team as of 1pm.

Side note. he is one of the most active instagram players we have and as late as yesterday he was still posting about his teammates game.

We all know he has some demons in Oklahoma. Hopefully he can overcome them.

I think we all want Marvin to do well. But we also know that a player with personal issues can do more harm than good if he continues to struggle with them.

If he gets another chance, I hope he will take full advantage of the opportunity!

I think we all want Marvin to do well. But we also know that a player with personal issues can do more harm than good if he continues to struggle with them.

Yes, that's the concern, for sure. If he get on the right path and stay there, I'm happy to have him as a Sooner. But if he can't, better he move on now and not negatively impact the team.

Back