'24 Coaching Carousel Thread (Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay)

I doubt Oregon fires Altman. He has mastered the NIL game with Knight. Look at his recruiting. It is crazy!

Granted, a younger coach may be even better with the NIL. So who knows.

I doubt Oregon fires Altman. He has mastered the NIL game with Knight. Look at his recruiting. It is crazy!

Granted, a younger coach may be even better with the NIL. So who knows.
This is what Trilly said a couple of days ago (not on X):

• Good source says Oregon needs to make the tournament for Altman to get another year. Would be billed as a retirement.

I don't follow the NBA closely. Is Cunningham living up to top-pick expectations?

Kinda. Decent numbers but on a terrible team. Needs to step up his efficiency. He's also been injured quite a bit thus far in his career, but nothing that makes me think he's incapable of remaining healthy.

The two early names for Arkansas if this happens...

Chris Beard and Jerome Tang
God for once I wish OU under Joe C would just say F it, open up the piggy bank, and make the best hire possible for this program to just win games. Beard is a top 10 coach and his anger towards Texas has to be next level after he was dropped last year.

God for once I wish OU under Joe C would just say F it, open up the piggy bank, and make the best hire possible for this program to just win games. Beard is a top 10 coach and his anger towards Texas has to be next level after he was dropped last year.
I couldn't disagree more. I very much appreciate that Joe C. strives to hire high-character coaches. If he were to hire Beard, I'd focus on other Sooner sports during his (hopefully brief) tenure. I couldn't stand to see him representing OU.

The two early names for Arkansas if this happens...

Chris Beard and Jerome Tang
Is Chris Beard unhappy at Ole Miss? Ole Miss took a chance on him and offered him a life raft after what happened at Texas. I know Arky would pay more, and he used to coach at Little Rock.

Jerome Tang ran into an issue with the administration over a player's eligibility earlier this year. The guy can coach, though.

The latest from Trilly in his discord in regards to DePaul....

Hurley still the favorite here imo, but the Moser whispers still won’t go away despite his squirmy denial.

Is Chris Beard unhappy at Ole Miss? Ole Miss took a chance on him and offered him a life raft after what happened at Texas. I know Arky would pay more, and he used to coach at Little Rock.

Jerome Tang ran into an issue with the administration over a player's eligibility earlier this year. The guy can coach, though.
I really don't know on Beard but I think it's simply the fact that Arkansas is the better basketball job. More passion, money, and you're not competing as hard with football (because Arky football sucks, lol).

In other news and rumors...

Sean Miller is supposedly in contact with Michigan and Ohio State. Leveraging what? More NIL from Xavier? Or is he trying to get more from either of the B10 rivals? Who knows.

Minor coaching news that might happen....or mid major news.

1. Elon might cut bait with 2nd-year HC Billy Taylor. Sometimes it's okay to admit mistakes early.
2. Mike Jones (UNCG HC) is trending for the Old Dominion job.

Back