'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

The interesting thing about Buzz...

He'd be very interested in the OU job if Moser were to leave.

I'd be very uninterested in Buzz becoming the OU coach, however.
I was high on buzz before he was hired at aTm. He hasn’t had much success there and his star has faded considerably. His career has really leveled off.

I was high on buzz before he was hired at aTm. He hasn’t had much success there and his star has faded considerably. His career has really leveled off.
My exact thoughts. Would take him if we had no other decent names

Duh.

The two names being floated out there already...

Kyle Smith (Washington State)
Danny Sprinkle (Utah State)

Kyle smith is getting some buzz. He’s done well everywhere he’s been but he’s never been at a high major school, wazzu isn’t high major.

The interesting thing about Buzz...

He'd be very interested in the OU job if Moser were to leave.

I'd be very uninterested in Buzz becoming the OU coach, however.
OU would be a great landing spot for Buzz if he were to leave A&M. Coming off this season, though, I don't think Joe C. can make that hire now. Especially if A&M fires him.

Georgia did take Mike White off Florida's hands, so intraconference coach moves are not unprecedented, even in the SEC. But Joe C. wouldn't be able to sell this hire to the fan base.

But I think Porter is staying another year. No one is going to pay the $6M buyout.

Kyle smith is getting some buzz. He’s done well everywhere he’s been but he’s never been at a high major school, wazzu isn’t high major.
Wazzu is high major this year, but they won't be once the Pac 12 disintegrates. If you can win at Washington State, you can win anywhere.

He's won at Columbia, San Francisco, and Washington State. Those are three bad jobs, and he's been successful at all of them. He'll get a better job somewhere else in a few weeks.

OU did well the last time we hired a coach from Washington State....

Wsu has been amazing to us in the past obviously.. but he looks very underwhelming to me imo.

would oregon fire altman and go after him? there has to be money in that program to spend on NIL, and altman is not bringing them back to relevancy.

i am curious if there will be any interest in iowa state’s assistant jr blount. that seems like a program you would want to steal from.

Looking like Drew (Bryce) to Louisville.

Prior to this season, he had been a huge success, and was coming off of back to back 25 win seasons.

Sounds like Long Beach State might fire long-time HC Dan Monson (formerly the Minny HC).

Replacement: Maybe Chris Acker...San Diego State assistant.

That would, obviously, free up an assistant job at San Diego State. Could see Fresno HC get fired and land there. His wife is the WBB coach.

Back