#24 OU vs #11 KU Big12 Tourney 530CST on ESPN

How about recruiting a big man you can defend & score

We’d rather try and recruit a big man from Europe or Africa or Australia that nobody’s ever heard of and no other colleges are interested in.

Well,
Both gymnastics teams are #1
Softball #1
Men’s golf #1

So there is that... ;-)

We don’t have basketball players. Lon’s recruiting has been absolutely abysmal and we’ve let it slide.

Starting in 2018, OU has put together exactly 1 class in the top 50.

I agree but JOE C doesn’t give a ****. Nobody gives a ****. This kind of mediocrity is now accepted and celebrated at OU. This program is just happy making the tourney and that’s all it will ever achieve. They should also skip the Big12 tourney because clearly Lon Kruger doesn’t give 2 ****s about winning it, or even competing in it.

We could pay bargain prices for these results. Even Caple could accomplish what we’ve routinely become under Lon. If we’re gonna get these results, then we could hire a rookie coach and pay him a low salary for the same results. Send the surplus funds to the baseball and softball teams. Clearly, the basketball programs don’t give a **** about competing.

Lets not talk too soon... this is the kind of thing that can turn around quickly.

How about recruiting a big man you can defend & score

other than transfers (Spangler, and TaShawn Thomas) I can only think of Doolittle as the only freshman Kruger has brought in and developed into a good player...too many projects never panned out like Khadeem Lattin, Jamuni McNeace, his teams have always been guard friendly on offense.

Kruger has NOTHING to prove. Think about it.

EVERYONE and their dog “in the profession” says what great coach he is... 61% winning over his career....only guy to take 5 teams to ncaa. Guess WHY? He moves jobs every 5 yrs.

He is comfortable having this happen.

No blockout for a simple put back and a worse than middle school ball entry pass into the post from past 3 line for a TO..... sigh

OU is chipping away.... just hang in there. Kansas looks flat.

Hey a coach calling a timeout when the other team get's some momentum. :woot

I agree but JOE C doesn’t give a ****. Nobody gives a ****. This kind of mediocrity is now accepted and celebrated at OU. This program is just happy making the tourney and that’s all it will ever achieve. They should also skip the Big12 tourney because clearly Lon Kruger doesn’t give 2 ****s about winning it, or even competing in it.

We could pay bargain prices for these results. Even Caple could accomplish what we’ve routinely become under Lon. If we’re gonna get these results, then we could hire a rookie coach and pay him a low salary for the same results. Send the surplus funds to the baseball and softball teams. Clearly, the basketball programs don’t give a **** about competing.

Capel lol. The man has made two NCAA tournaments in his life, got the program in trouble under his watch, and treated the fan base like garbage. But yeah, other than that, he is right on par with the current coach. But you’re right, I’m sure there are hundreds of young coaches out there who make the tournament every year and would come work at OU for a couple hundred grand. I mean, I doubt you can actually name any, but since when does anyone on this board let facts get in the way of their narrative?

Back