Assessing the current roster situation at OU (4/24/2021)

Re: Assessing the current roster situation at OU

If Krutwig wants to make money playing basketball, proving himself in a Big 12 schedule would do a lot to help his stock.

No, I know I was being a smart aleck.

Iwuakor is way more than a warm body.

I'll be rooting for the young man to show that at UNLV, but at OU, the results of his on-court time equated to "warm body". He averaged 2-3 PPG with an opportunity for lots of PT. Believe me; all of us wish he accomplished more.

I'll be rooting for the young man to show that at UNLV, but at OU, the results of his on-court time equated to "warm body". He averaged 2-3 PPG with an opportunity for lots of PT. Believe me; all of us wish he accomplished more.

agree 100%

as far as tampering with players...

a scholarship is a YEARLY contract. I don't see people complaining when a coaching staff "suggests" a player find another place to play...happens every year.

The guy was constantly praised by the coaching staff, played extremely hard, had great athleticism, defense, & rebounding. You can write him off as a sophomore, I think he would’ve been a good player for OU.

The guy was constantly praised by the coaching staff, played extremely hard, had great athleticism, defense, & rebounding. You can write him off as a sophomore, I think he would’ve been a good player for OU.

I am pretty bullish on him, too. He was the best rebounder on the team.

Krutwig is a player. Iwuakor is way more than a warm body.

Respectfully disagree. It was a huge dropoff from Manek to him and Manek was a disaster on the defensive end. Kuath, IMO, was the best of the 3 at the 5 position but Manek got more of the PT. Iwuakor was a huge liability IMO.

Does the late signing period start Wednesday or Thursday?

Respectfully disagree. It was a huge dropoff from Manek to him and Manek was a disaster on the defensive end. Kuath, IMO, was the best of the 3 at the 5 position but Manek got more of the PT. Iwuakor was a huge liability IMO.

yup...or he would have played a lot more. He really lacked true basketball skills. I always "loved" the he's so athletic argument...lol. Give me a good "non-athletic" basketball player over an "athletic non-basketball" player anytime.

He could jump...but shooting, boxing out, passing, defense, handling the ball was not his strong suite.

Good luck to him...hope he's successful at whatever he wants to do.

yup...or he would have played a lot more. He really lacked true basketball skills. I always "loved" the he's so athletic argument...lol. Give me a good "non-athletic" basketball player over an "athletic non-basketball" player anytime.

He could jump...but shooting, boxing out, passing, defense, handling the ball was not his strong suite.

Good luck to him...hope he's successful at whatever he wants to do.

Wonder why Kuath didn't get more playing time? Serious question.

He often got lost on switching (defense). It would precipitate in easy baskets.

Last edited:

He got a good amount of playing time in January when he was playing well at the same time Brady was sick and then ineffective. But his play really tailed off the last few weeks of the season, so his minutes decreased. Lon was constantly looking for someone to give consistently good minutes at the five and have Kur, Brady, and even Vic chances to claim the role, but just had to settle for whoever was playing the best in a given game.

He got a good amount of playing time in January when he was playing well at the same time Brady was sick and then ineffective. But his play really tailed off the last few weeks of the season, so his minutes decreased. Lon was constantly looking for someone to give consistently good minutes at the five and have Kur, Brady, and even Vic chances to claim the role, but just had to settle for whoever was playing the best in a given game.

He was inconsistent, which Lon hates. When he played to his abilities, he was a game changer.

He was praised but mid season he decided being late and not taking care of responsibilities was fine. He was in the doghouse for awhile. He is a freak athletically. For unknown reasons he couldn’t convert next to the rim.

yup...

He was praised but mid season he decided being late and not taking care of responsibilities was fine. He was in the doghouse for awhile. He is a freak athletically. For unknown reasons he couldn’t convert next to the rim.

That makes sense.

Kuath is a good example of why Bobby Knight (I believe it was him) didn't allow dunking in practice... You had to develop the ability to finish without the dunk.

Kuath was inconsistent, but he improved from year to year and when he was on, he made some spectacular plays. I totally get why he chose not to, but man, I wish he'd decided to return for next season. I'd love to see what he might have done with that much more experience under his belt (and who knows, perhaps Coach Moser and his staff would have gotten even more out of him).

Kuath is a good example of why Bobby Knight (I believe it was him) didn't allow dunking in practice... You had to develop the ability to finish without the dunk.

interesting...I just watched the special on him and the kid he choked...Reid? That kid passed away in 2016 at 36 massive heart attack. As much as I "respected" knight for graduating kids and things like this rule (if it was him) he really became an ass. Maybe the admin screwed him over, but choking a kid is bull****.

Back