Assessing the current roster situation at OU (4/24/2021)

Re: Assessing the current roster situation at OU

The biggest problem for Capel, if you guys don't remember, was that he always put all his eggs in one basket...he went after studs and if he didn't sign him he never seemed to have a backup plan and was stuck trying to scrounge for whatever was left over after. Several times he was the bridesmaid for big time recruits and we ended up signing someone second tier when it was all said and done.

Just my opinion.

4th tier*

Yeah, there were a few of those, like Harrison Barnes the most noteworthy, maybe Pressey, Jai Lucas, and Daniel Oreton. Even Julius Randle as an underclassman before he was fired

But if you have any ability to evaluate talent, you don't fall off from Harrison Barnes to Nick Thompson in the 2010 class. Or sign Kyle Hardrick because you miss on Daniel Oreton in 2009.

That's just bad recruiting.

Kyle hardrick is a special case tho.. he was a 5th star as a freshman and then just plateaued. He still was worth a take given the early hype

Huge if true

It looks like Krutwig's dad and brother are following the OU basketball Twitter account.

I can’t imagine a better way to get the Moser culture going than by bringing in a guy like Krutwig. This would be equivalent to signing a 5* player.

I can’t imagine a better way to get the Moser culture going than by bringing in a guy like Krutwig. This would be equivalent to signing a 5* player.

Look, if he can pull off keeping the guys remaining (including Williams), keep our recruiting class together, and get Krutwig and a couple of other warm bodies for the frontcourt, I will be incredibly impressed.

Look, if he can pull off keeping the guys remaining (including Williams), keep our recruiting class together, and get Krutwig and a couple of other warm bodies for the frontcourt, I will be incredibly impressed.

I think he will. Porter has to have considered his recruiting he had going presently at LCU and what all players he thought he could bring with to OU as part of his decision to come here

A lot of people have suggested we might get Krutwig. I don’t know how serious they are, but it would be incredibly poor form for our new coach to raid his old roster for players. Moser seems like a decent guy. I doubt he’d engage in that type of tampering.

Isn't Krutwig a Senior? He can go wherever he wants with no tampering involved if that's the case.

A lot of people have suggested we might get Krutwig. I don’t know how serious they are, but it would be incredibly poor form for our new coach to raid his old roster for players. Moser seems like a decent guy. I doubt he’d engage in that type of tampering.

Krutwig played for Porter. Signed with Porter. Thats not tampering.

Kids sign with Head coaches. Not universities. Like it or not. (yes there are exceptions)

Who cares? Krutwig has to look out for his best interests. As does moser. As does loyola and OU. They can all negotiate for what they want and see what happens IMO

What about this scenario... Krutwig WANTS to come to OU?

What about this scenario... Krutwig WANTS to come to OU?

If Krutwig wants to make money playing basketball, proving himself in a Big 12 schedule would do a lot to help his stock.

You mean like Iwuakor going to UNLV?

Raiding the roster would be poor form. Taking one player with him that has already played FOUR seasons with Loyola is not bad form. I can't imaging why Krutwig would even want to return to Loyola, as there is nothing left to accomplish there unless he thinks they are poised to win an NCAA title. It's likely him choosing between going to another college vs going pro internationally.

Back