Brady Manek to the portal

MJSooner

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1378082995245043719

Also confirmed by local guys.

Brady was a 4-year starter who is a senior and been on campus since he was 18 years old. His leaving shouldn't be a surprise, but if he stayed is what should be the surprise. Regardless if LK retired or not.

We only have lost the seniors and 3 players that contributed a combined 6 points a game. Yes we need bodies, but who has left, outside the seniors who were designed to leave this year, isn't going to change the direction of our program. We were going to have to hit the portal in any case, and out of 1500 choices, I am sure we can find 3-4 guys that can contribute.

If Moser comes, maybe he can bring the 'stache in Cameron Krutwig and Williamson. Rumors are we have spots for a big guy and PG.

Ok that's embarrassing.... He wants to play college basketball, just not at OU where he has started 4 years.

Things are tanking... especially if they hire Moser. Total dumpster fire if they hire that guy.

Would not surprise me in the least if parents started naming their children "Portal."

Last edited:
Ok that's embarrassing.... He wants to play college basketball, just not at OU where he has started 4 years.

Things are tanking... especially if they hire Moser. Total dumpster fire if they hire that guy.

Team pride, spirit and dedication are slowly taking a backseat to "I want."

The transfer/portal stuff will be the end of amateur athletics as we know and love it.

Lol clown post

The transfer/portal stuff will be the end of amateur athletics as we know and love it.

Yeah, the NCAA needs to modify it somehow. 1500 kids in the portal are ridiculous. Add the NLI into the equation, the portal has/will become free agency.

Ironically, I think it is fine for grad transfers, like Brady, that have filled their commitment to the university. But need to put some limits for underclassmen.

This post is embarrassing.

Not sure why, but this reminds of the scene in Hoosiers where Coach Dale is about to be removed as coach before Jimmy Chitwood saves his ass. With abd playing the role as the spurned coach, of course.

“I told you, once we got rid of him!”

And already being negative before the presser? Why not get behind him and give him a chance?

And maybe Manek doesn’t want to play at OU anymore because he reads this board and it has nothing to do with the coach? Frankly with the way that Moser’s Loyola teams play defense he wouldn’t fit in anyway.

Personally i'm kind of glad he's leaving. But, I'm happy he chose to be a Sooner and it does kind of feel like a gut punch that an Oklahoma kid is leaving this way. But it's his life. Good luck Brady! He'll be a success either way.

Good for him. As a player I don’t think he improved over his 4 years like anyone thought he would. He put up almost the same stat line this year as his freshman year.

I'll always remember him for the pick-and-pop three pointer to seal the deal against Kansas his freshman year.

He's in the portal, but that doesn't mean he has to leave.

I’m not sure how much he has progressed in the last couple of years, it’s not like it’s unheard of to graduate and go to another school for a post grad degree, students do it all the time

Kinda saw that coming...doesn't want to play inside against the other bigs

Brady was a solid player for 4 years. It's too bad injuries robbed him of a great senior season. I hope he finds a good place to contribute!

Back