Cheno- KU vs Baylor?

DFWHoopster

Reaction score
Something has to give. Baylor's winning streak against Kansas or Kansas' 50 game home winning streak :)

I think this game is closer than some will predict. My prediction is that the Bears will lose by 5: 84-79

There is a good replay on ESPN Classic at 11am CST of a previous Baylor versus Kansas game. Don't worry Cheno, it is not the Big12 Tourney game from last year.

If Udoh doesn't play or if Higgins or Chambliss are officiating the game, I say Jayhawks win by double digits. But if not, could be some Cornell like tense moments for the Jayhawks at home. Some interesting match-ups:

Looking forward to the Collins/Carter and Aldrich/Lomers match-ups.

Can we move this to the rivals board this is not OU related?

thanks

you should post the same thing on the Texas vs Kansas State thread for consistency. You don't have to click on links. There are a few on this board that just enjoy to talk about big12 hoops in general.

you should post the same thing on the Texas vs Kansas State thread for consistency. You don't have to click on links. There are a few on this board that just enjoy to talk about big12 hoops in general.
This board is called OU hoops lets move it to the smack/rivals board

Pretty sure he's already been told but his obsession with KU is unbearable for him. :)

DFW, should be a really good game. I am looking forward to the Aldrich/Udoh matchup to see if Aldrich can step up to play against a big man who looks like a Top 20 pick next year.

thanks

We would have lots of threads moved to the rivals board if they were going to be strict on this policy just to appease you, lol.

It will be ok, I promise.

KU will win by 90 because we are the best team ever and no one in the Big 12 can compare to our awesomeness! ROCK CHALK

-Cheno

Perhaps DFW knows the parties in question, but I remember one of the all-time great clever comeback remarks in sports, and it was delivered by a Baylor player at the expense of Kansas. I think the year was 2001, and Kansas (ranked in the top 10 at the time) was about to play at Baylor. A couple of days before the game, one of the Kansas players was being interviewed about the game, and wasn't psyched up about the matchup. His comment was "It's just Baylor. It's not like we're playing Kentucky."

Well, that comment made it to the Baylor locker room. After they pulled off the big upset, the Baylor players acted like it was no big deal. When one of them was interviewed and asked why they weren't celebrating their victory, his reply was: "Why? It was just Kansas. It's not like we beat Duke."

Ouch!

Perhaps DFW knows the parties in question, but I remember one of the all-time great clever comeback remarks in sports, and it was delivered by a Baylor player at the expense of Kansas. I think the year was 2001, and Kansas (ranked in the top 10 at the time) was about to play at Baylor. A couple of days before the game, one of the Kansas players was being interviewed about the game, and wasn't psyched up about the matchup. His comment was "It's just Baylor. It's not like we're playing Kentucky."

Well, that comment made it to the Baylor locker room. After they pulled off the big upset, the Baylor players acted like it was no big deal. When one of them was interviewed and asked why they weren't celebrating their victory, his reply was: "Why? It was just Kansas. It's not like we beat Duke."

Ouch!

Thanks for the memory. The Kansas player was Kenny Gregory. The Baylor player was Terry Black. By the way that is the game that ESPN Classic is showing on Wednesday at 11am. I was at that game. Baylor jumped up 47-22 on Kansas and held on to win after a great KU comeback. But Gregory's words certainly fired up Baylor.

Get a win tonight against your rival, fatso. This Sooner fan will be harnessing his inner EMAW tonight as he watches the game at the OOD.

Definitely- looking forward to seeing UT's first loss this year. Stay tuned: more to come.

Something has to give. Baylor's winning streak against Kansas or Kansas' 50 game home winning streak :)

Only at Baylor is one win in a row considered a "streak". LOL

I say KU by 11.

This from a guy that starts threads about KU. :)

DFW, should be a really good game. I am looking forward to the Aldrich/Udoh matchup to see if Aldrich can step up to play against a big man who looks like a Top 20 pick next year.
I really think these two neutralize each other because both are much better defenders than offensive players. Carter needs to check Sherron for Baylor to have a chance.

KU will win by 90 because we are the best team ever and no one in the Big 12 can compare to our awesomeness! ROCK CHALK
-Cheno
KU is pretty good but they won't win by 90. I'll be happy with a double digit win. I will also be happy if KU wins their 6th straight Big 12 title.

Carter vs Collins isn't a real close matchup. Lace Dunn and Xavier Henry on the other hand should be interesting as well.

It is absolutely incredible the amount of talent that Drew has amassed at Baylor over the last couple years.

Only at Baylor is one win in a row considered a "streak". LOL

I say KU by 11.

This from a guy that starts threads about KU. :)

I really think these two neutralize each other because both are much better defenders than offensive players. Carter needs to check Sherron for Baylor to have a chance.

KU is pretty good but they won't win by 90. I'll be happy with a double digit win. I will also be happy if KU wins their 6th straight Big 12 title.

Carter vs Collins isn't a real close matchup. Lace Dunn and Xavier Henry on the other hand should be interesting as well.

It is absolutely incredible the amount of talent that Drew has amassed at Baylor over the last couple years.

I wouldn't underestimate Carter. He's smart, strong and has a lot of heart. It is a moot point. John Higgins is officiating the UT vs Kansas State game tonight. So he will get the assignment in Lawrence Wednesday night. He hates him some Baylor and loves him some UT and KU. So congrats ahead of time.

I'm gonna let this thread go since other posters are getting involved but in the future if you have a question for Cheno or another specific poster please use the PM feature in the future.

I will also be happy if KU wins their 6th straight Big 12 title.

What year are we in? OU won it in 2005, so...uhm, well, maybe my math just isn't any good.

I realize there are "ties", but the #1 seed in the conference tournament is the real conference winner...and that was OU in 2005.

Has Kansas been the #1 seed in the conference tournament the past four years? I honestly don't know, but I'm guessing YES if they're going for their 5th straight.

Back