Interesting note on T.J. Taylor

Welcome aboard, T.J. Taylor.

Tundra is right as usual. This site's rapid success is due, in part, to the lack of attention basketball received on the Insider board. But that doesn't mean we should gloat or talk down about James Hale or anyone else associated with that site. James is one of the best around when it comes to football. That's a known fact. He's capable of doing a good job with basketball when he's motivated to do so. The recruiting reports and interviews of the past few days proves that.

Problem is, he doesn't do it often enough to suit me, and I believe I speak for a number of OUI basketball fans when I say that. But I also realize that football pays the bills over there, so let's just give James his due and move on.
IMO, there's not a better site on the internet that covers OU basketball like OU Hoops does and it's FREE. During football season, for information about the Sooners, go to SoonerTimes.com which is another FREE site.

OUHOOPS.COM
SOONERTIMES.COM

Don't let facts get in the way of the usual James/OUinsider bashing by the same posters over and over again over here.

Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it. Most of us came from that site and many of us still use that site (just not the LN board). You would think the mods and other posters who kind of started this site would be above the JH girl drama of trashing other OU sites.
I like the outlet to gripe about James. Lord knows you can't disagree with him on OUInsider. If you do, he goes off big time. I'm a subscriber over there because he has the best contacts within the athletic department and provides the best information within the programs. Most of that is because he's a puppet for the athletic department. But that still doesn't change the fact that his act grows tiresome but I stay for the information and try to put up with his attitude.

If he didn't screw up a recruit's name and hometown (while he was interviewing him) maybe I could take him a bit more seriously.

Please don't get me started on Hames, he has no problem in throwing people under the bus to get what he wants.

Don't let facts get in the way of the usual James/OUinsider bashing by the same posters over and over again over here.

Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it. Most of us came from that site and many of us still use that site (just not the LN board). You would think the mods and other posters who kind of started this site would be above the JH girl drama of trashing other OU sites.

What are the facts? I read the threads. I saw what James wrote.

What are the facts? I read the threads. I saw what James wrote.

Clearly, it was already stated in my other post which had the quote from the poster right above mine.
Not defending him but when people call him or his site out over there they know they are going to get a childish response from him.
He really does need to take a chill pill but my post was more about this site's posters constantly ripping on that site which most of us came from and still use including you.
Just growing tired of it myself.

Last edited:
Tundra and Ada well said!!!!!
Personally, I like this site much better but the other site is still all about OU athletics.
Why poo-poo that?

Clearly, it was already stated in my other post which had the quote from the poster right above mine.
Not defending him but when people call him or his site out over there they know they are going to get a childish response from him.
He really does need to take a chill pill but my post was more about this site's posters constantly ripping on that site which most of us came from and still use including you.
Just growing tired of it myself.

Are you also growing tired of people ripping him on his own site? Because he gets a heck of a lot more heat on his own board on a daily basis than he does here. Maybe you should go over to his board and tell those people you're tired of it. Just a thought.

I've been on this board just about every day for the last several months and can only remember a handful of rips on James at the most. Also, if you read through this thread again there are several posters giving him props for his basketball recruiting coverage lately. He's actually getting more props here than he is on his own board.

Back