Interesting note on T.J. Taylor

Sooner23

Reaction score
He's apparently going to be on Hale's radio show (1520 AM) Wednesday night. The interesting part about it though is that Cameron Clark is supposed to be on the show with him and interviewed at the same time.

That's news I like to hear. James Hale is stepping his game up. Way to put pressure on him OUhoops.

He's apparently going to be on Hale's radio show (1520 AM) Wednesday night. The interesting part about it though is that Cameron Clark is supposed to be on the show with him and interviewed at the same time.

What time? Good thinking by Hames. He is on a roll here lately!

I will salute him with a picture of his awesome horseshoe:

JamesHale-sm.jpg

Anyone catch how defensive he got when someone asked about a new commitment today? That rant of his gets very old.

Anyone catch how defensive he got when someone asked about a new commitment today? That rant of his gets very old.

Yeah but you got to respect the fact that the guy has two hoops recruiting updates up and a front page picture of this guy :jcapel

I think both OUI and SS stepped up their games this year regarding OU hoops. I hope they keep it up!

Why do you need a subscription? Taylor pulled the trigger today, Hale had it on his site, and then 30 minutes later it was being reported by the Oklahoman and Tulsa World.

Why do you need a subscription? Taylor pulled the trigger today, Hale had it on his site, and then 30 minutes later it was being reported by the Oklahoman and Tulsa World.

OUscouts had it first. I don't even know who their recruiting analyst is, but whoever it is, they scooped Hale, and he was apparently mad.

What did he say?
Basically said that all the other sites got the tidbit from him that Taylor was close to committing and thus he did all the legwork for the other sites. Then went on to say that he won't call/text a recruit at school and that the only reason the other sites got word of this is because they contacted the kid during school.

Basically said that all the other sites got the tidbit from him that Taylor was close to committing and thus he did all the legwork for the other sites. Then went on to say that he won't call/text a recruit at school and that the only reason the other sites got word of this is because they contacted the kid during school.

Not true at all. Matt Hensley RECEIVED a text from TJ this morning. It wasn't the other way around.

Hale is sensitive to any talk about any of the other OU sites pre-empting him on anything OU. I get the sense people bait him on the other site to be honest but I mean can anybody be surprised that there was no notice on a BBall recruit ? Its happened before, he ll do some legwork on BBall then fall back into the same pattern in a month or too, especially once football season gets closer.

He said it was "obvious from this interview" that Taylor was going to commit once he got an offer.
However, just about all Taylor said was that OU was a great school, among his top 3, and he expected them to offer today.
About a million kids say that who never come close to going to OU. Apparently he was an obvious lock from those comments though?

Not true at all. Matt Hensley RECEIVED a text from TJ this morning. It wasn't the other way around.
I know that and you know that but good luck convincing Hale about that!
Hale is sensitive to any talk about any of the other OU sites pre-empting him on anything OU. I get the sense people bait him on the other site to be honest but I mean can anybody be surprised that there was no notice on a BBall recruit ? Its happened before, he ll do some legwork on BBall then fall back into the same pattern in a month or too, especially once football season gets closer.
He's very senstive. But in this case, the only question that was asked was "did OU get a bball commit?". He took that and blew up. Looks like the thread's been deleted.

Looks like this is a cropped photo of James posing for a picture with a recruit at the Army All-American game. Is this status quo among recruiting gurus? Doesn't seem to professional for a grown ass man like him to be posing for photos with OU recruits who are 17 years old?

Anyway, much props though for James for his basketball coverage the last couple days. He has done a great job. It's also cool he's getting those guys on the air at the same time. Hope there's something to it.

In this case, I have to agree with the old boy. A poster on this board put the screws to him about TJ, he got the interview and TJ told him Capel was meeting with him. I don't know if SS or Hensley has had an interview with TJ lately. James's problem is his head is so far stuck up Bob Stoops anus that when he comes out to get air the basketball recruiting scent is gone.

Looks like this is a cropped photo of James posing for a picture with a recruit at the Army All-American game. Is this status quo among recruiting gurus? Doesn't seem to professional for a grown ass man like him to be posing for photos with OU recruits who are 17 years old?

Anyway, much props though for James for his basketball coverage the last couple days. He has done a great job. It's also cool he's getting those guys on the air at the same time. Hope there's something to it.

He really has done well the last couple of weeks. Good job, Hames.

But in this case, the only question that was asked was "did OU get a bball commit?". He took that and blew up. Looks like the thread's been deleted.

Actually, someone in that thread made a comment like "scooped again". I'm sure that gets old.

Actually, someone in that thread made a comment like "scooped again". I'm sure that gets old.

Don't let facts get in the way of the usual James/OUinsider bashing by the same posters over and over again over here.

Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it. Most of us came from that site and many of us still use that site (just not the LN board). You would think the mods and other posters who kind of started this site would be above the JH girl drama of trashing other OU sites.

Don't let facts get in the way of the usual James/OUinsider bashing by the same posters over and over again over here.

Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it. Most of us came from that site and many of us still use that site (just not the LN board). You would think the mods and other posters who kind of started this site would be above the JH girl drama of trashing other OU sites.

Tundra is right as usual. This site's rapid success is due, in part, to the lack of attention basketball received on the Insider board. But that doesn't mean we should gloat or talk down about James Hale or anyone else associated with that site. James is one of the best around when it comes to football. That's a known fact. He's capable of doing a good job with basketball when he's motivated to do so. The recruiting reports and interviews of the past few days proves that.

Problem is, he doesn't do it often enough to suit me, and I believe I speak for a number of OUI basketball fans when I say that. But I also realize that football pays the bills over there, so let's just give James his due and move on.

Back