March Madness and Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you consider Japan, UK, & Germany in the conversation?

Kinda. If you add up all three combined you have a similar population to the US (and a little over half the GDP). Japan and UK are #12 and #14, which I don't consider that different from #18. Germany is #7, which is the only country of any comparision that significantly tops us on that chart.

There's not a single country in that top 6 that is more populous than the state of California. We have four states (CA, TX, NY, FL) that each individually have a similar population to 4 of the COMBINED top 6.

And this is of course assuming that list is accurate. The fact that China ranks #34 is laughable.

Kinda. If you add up all three combined you have a similar population to the US (and a little over half the GDP). Japan and UK are #12 and #14, which I don't consider that different from #18. Germany is #7, which is the only country of any comparision that significantly tops us on that chart.

There's not a single country in that top 6 that is more populous than the state of California. We have four states (CA, TX, NY, FL) that each individually have a similar population to 4 of the COMBINED top 6.

And this is of course assuming that list is accurate. The fact that China ranks #34 is laughable.

This isn't like a high school football player who is being rated relative to other players in the nation where you see the actual difference between #10 and #16 where one player might be assigned .9102 and the other .9089. The list provided for counties based on transparency just lists who is in 1st and who is in 2nd, but does not indicate how close #1 and #2 are. For all we know the difference between #18 and #5 might be razor thin.

If you look at who’s behind China it’s not too laughable. But either way the list was shown because some believe that the US is only doing terrible in the response to Covid is because we are the only ones reporting factual data. That list proves we are one of the worst as far as 1st world countries.

If you look at who’s behind China it’s not too laughable. But either way the list was shown because some believe that the US is only doing terrible in the response to Covid is because we are the only ones reporting factual data. That list proves we are one of the worst as far as 1st world countries.

Wait...what? We were 18th of 80, correct? Even ignoring the fact that we have more population than over half of the countries ahead of us combined...how is 18/80 "one of the worst?"

1. No one said that
2. Your list is a random list that doesn’t list how it comes to its conclusions. The few criteria is does mention is highly subjective
3. Your list proves nothing in regards to covid
4. Your ability to unbiasedly look at things is concerning.

Wait...what? We were 18th of 80, correct? Even ignoring the fact that we have more population than over half of the countries ahead of us combined...how is 18/80 "one of the worst?"

One of the worst 1st world countries. I don’t think this is an issue in the US, just trying to show people saying that the only reason the US is doing poorly is because we are the only ones reporting factual numbers isn’t true.

1. No one said that
2. Your list is a random list that doesn’t list how it comes to its conclusions. The few criteria is does mention is highly subjective
3. Your list proves nothing in regards to covid
4. Your ability to unbiasedly look at things is concerning.

1. You literally posted this in the previous page “ I wonder how other countries are handling this? One would think that most countries want to limit the cases they publish to make it look like they are doing a better job”
2. 3 people asked for proof of transparency & I published a very reliable & unbiased world article.
3. Nope but it shows a countries rating for overall transparency.
4. This from you means nothing to me.

One of the worst 1st world countries. I don’t think this is an issue in the US, just trying to show people saying that the only reason the US is doing poorly is because we are the only ones reporting factual numbers isn’t true.

I see. I guess I didn't really know how we differentiated 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world countries.

1. You literally posted this in the previous page “ I wonder how other countries are handling this? One would think that most countries want to limit the cases they publish to make it look like they are doing a better job”
You seem to have a habit of taking people asking questions or just discussing something and cement it as their opinion as what they think is happening. It isn't a good look or honest.

2. 3 people asked for proof of transparency & I published a very reliable & unbiased world article.

For starters, people asked for covid transparency info...not just overall transparency. And how do you know it is reliable? The criteria that one can find on this ranking is highly subjectable.

I really question anyones honesty if they don't think that the US is reporting every case they can. The way we are set up and run would make it very difficult to hide the numbers. If Biden or Obama were in office, you bet they would do everything they can to suppress the numbers because they would have the media in their pockets. The media will do anything and everything they can to get trump out...that includes making the covid cases look as bad as possible

literally nobody said this and even hinted at it. I'm tired of constantly having to correct you. You constantly are twisting people's posts. It is extremely dishonest.

I really question anyones honesty if they don't think that the US is reporting every case they can. The way we are set up and run would make it very difficult to hide the numbers. If Biden or Obama were in office, you bet they would do everything they can to suppress the numbers because they would have the media in their pockets. The media will do anything and everything they can to get trump out...that includes making the covid cases look as bad as possible

You see when you post crap like this is why your opinion means so little. You speculate crazy thoughts, someone calls you on it, then you say “no one said that” or “that article I asked for I don’t believe”.

literally nobody said this and even hinted at it. I'm tired of constantly having to correct you. You constantly are twisting people's posts. It is extremely dishonest.

Dude I quoted your post, you absolutely stated that you can’t compare the US because you don’t believe other countries. Just because you are proven wrong doesn’t mean that I twisted your words.

You seem to have a habit of taking people asking questions or just discussing something and cement it as their opinion as what they think is happening. It isn't a good look or honest.

For starters, people asked for covid transparency info...not just overall transparency. And how do you know it is reliable? The criteria that one can find on this ranking is highly subjectable.

Ok in your discussion you asked if other countries were transparent, I said we’re no better, you ask for proof, I give you a very non biased and highly rated news company’s article, you question the article & the fact that the stuff you said didn’t happen.

Sorry there aren’t any reports for Covid transparency, but I doubt you’d believe the content if it was there.

Dude I quoted your post, you absolutely stated that you can’t compare the US because you don’t believe other countries. Just because you are proven wrong doesn’t mean that I twisted your words.

no, i'm trying to be nice here. Questioning something is not saying it is your opinion. This isn't hard man. You like to take a statement and make it a hyperbolic fact to cement your position. It isn't flattering.

Ok in your discussion you asked if other countries were transparent, I said we’re no better, you ask for proof, I give you a very non biased and highly rated news company’s article, you question the article & the fact that the stuff you said didn’t happen.

Sorry there aren’t any reports for Covid transparency, but I doubt you’d believe the content if it was there.

LOL. I'm done man. Done. Leftist strategy through and through. :ez-laugh:

The 5 Most Transparent Nations, Ranked by Perception

The most transparent countries, those with open business and government practices, well-distributed political power, high levels of trustworthiness and low levels of perceived corruption, tend to be among the world's strongest democracies and affluent nations.

It's wise to pay attention to the connection between corruption and inequality, warns the anti-corruption group Transparency International, because the two "feed off each other to create a vicious circle between corruption, unequal distribution of power in society, and unequal distribution of wealth."

According to the U.S. News 2020 Best Countries Rankings, based on a global perception-based survey, these are the five most transparent countries.

This is all we have to go off on your article (again that doesn't mention a thing about COVID transperancy which is the point)

Yeah, seems highly objective....

I mean right of the back it says "ranked by perception" lol.

no, i'm trying to be nice here. Questioning something is not saying it is your opinion. This isn't hard man. You like to take a statement and make it a hyperbolic fact to cement your position. It isn't flattering.

1)You questioned it
2)I suggested & showed proof as to why that questioning is flawed
3) you get butt hurt & try to backtrack

This is all we have to go off on your article (again that doesn't mention a thing about COVID transperancy which is the point)

Yeah, seems highly objective....

I mean right of the back it says "ranked by perception" lol.

Duh it’s by perception. How else could you rank transparency? It’s by a highly rated world news group, so of course your opinion means more than the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back