Tony

Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071810aac.html

November
2: Northern State (exhibition)
12: Coppin State
15: North Carolina Central
18: Texas Southern
22-24: EA SPORTS Maui Invitational (Lahaina, Hawaii)

December
1: at Arkansas
5: at Arizona (Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series)
9: Gardner-Webb
11: Oral Roberts
18: vs. Cincinnati (All-College Classic, Oklahoma City)
21: Sacramento State
30: Central Arkansas

January
3: Maryland Eastern Shore

Very nice, except the home schedule is a snoozer.

Looking forward to UC at the Ford Center.

Can't wait for November 2nd! I'll see 300 fellow fans at the LNC.

Last edited:
Almost two months before they released last year's schedule.

I don't know if they have officially released the conference schedule but I do know the teams we will play.

OSU x 2
Texas x 2
Texas A&M x 2
Texas Tech x 2
Baylor x 2
Kansas (home)
Nebraska (home)
Colorado (home)
Iowa St (away)
Kansas St (away)
Missouri (away)

Wow. Frankly, that is a very tough schedule. I am glad we start off with some cupcakes early we are going to need to mesh fast and be confident to play through that schedule. I hope it prepares us for the conference schedule.

Glad to get the cupcakes at home. This team needs all the easy ones they can get with the road schedule this year. It's not like we were going to have good attendance anyway....

I wish OU had atleast one "name" non-conference team at home. As a season ticket holder it is frustrating to see. I'll still attend the games but wish OU had a better non-conference home schedule.

Are you guys saying you do NOT consider Sacramento State to be a big name opponent?

omg quit complaining.

I more or less agree. It is hard to have a bad home schedule, but with the way our road schedule is set-up and those obligations, I think the kind of home schedule people want would be bad for the team. I don't know how to phrase it except to say in this instance what is good for fans is bad for ticket-holders. Of course, we have pretty disappointing ticket holders so I worry about not giving them something to be excited about.

Are you guys saying you do NOT consider Sacramento State to be a big name opponent?
I think we all respect the fighting Hornets of Sacramento but Gardner Webb's bunch is where we dropped the ball.

Alright, another useless post by playmkr about our home attendance. Care to wager about there being more than 300 at the game. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Alright, another useless post by playmkr about our home attendance. Care to wager about there being more than 300 at the game. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Yea, he wasn't exaggerating about that at all.

I believe he is trying to say that there won't be many fans at the game, not literally 300, just spotty attendance.

This is good for the team....but gonna suck as a fan...

Only been a ticket holder for a few years, but obviously this is the worst year...just gonna have pretend i'm faithful sooner and suck it up i guess...

and Play, it will be 301...i'll be there...dont expect many more...

We're almost looking at four automatic losses. If we can split the Arkansas and Arizona games, that would be a plus.

We're almost looking at four automatic losses. If we can split the Arkansas and Arizona games, that would be a plus.

Agree, any fewer than 4 losses would be a nice surprise.

If you wanna get fannies in the seats you have to get a better Home schedule than this..I understand fully the position this program is in,but it is the fault of the head coach(who I really do like)because of this mess...GO SOONERS!!!!!!!!!

Unless we play UNC, Duke, Kentucky, Tenn at every home game you won't see attendance that big for most OOC games. And that's pretty true for just about everyone now. Wasn't Self complaining about attendance early last year?

I love this schedule. I go to every home game, and since we are playing mostly creampuffs at home, that means I'll get to watch a bunch of wins. Fun for me and my wife. We may lose all the road games, but at least I can just fast forward those and turn off the TV when they are over, instead of having to drive back from Norman all pissed off.

Personally, I'll take this schedule this year. I'd love to play and BEAT some good big name teams at home, but I just dont see this team doing that. Maybe next year.

Back