Up Next: UNT Mean Green (8-0)

Yeah after not watching the last part of the second half it sounds like even though it was ugly early it ended up being a good win. Love the new emphasis on defense. That will carry us if it keeps up. Plus came back to make 16 shots in the second half.. Good job.

This team is good, and frankly we should have seen it coming. Our rotation is 5 seniors, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore and 1 freshman. You aren't going to find a lot of teams with that kind of experience that aren't good. Our 4 senior guards is going to be a huge deal in conference play and the postseason. I think this is a tournament team and a solid middle of the pack Big XII team.

I couldn’t agree more, sperry! I have said for sometime that this team will be better than most people think, and that we’ll see a vastly improved defense.

But to be honest, I was concerned about last night’s game. If I had known our offense and our free throw shooting would be subpar, I might have predicted a loss on our own floor. That didn’t happen because this team came out ready to play lockdown defense on UNT and force them into a poor shooting night (28% from the field and 23% from three). I couldn’t be more pleased with our defense, especially the way we defended the three!

That was a very good win! UNT will be a tournament team.

The cherry on top of the cake for the TV viewers was the interview with Eduardo.

One of my all time favorites! I couldn’t believe how great Eduardo looks. As oudna said, he looks a lot younger than 42.

Sometimes I wonder in this type of game if Kruger asks the officials to call it tight on us. They certainly did tonight and also allowed a lot of over the back on rebounds.

This x 100. The game had ZERO flow because of all the whistles. Reminded me of a JV girls game. I had never seen any of those officials before. Some of the dribble drive fouls were so ticky-tack. And the 3rd foul on James was awful.

I, for one, don't think LK asks the officials to call it a certain way, but I don't believe we will see that level of touch foul called in the Big 12. Especially if WVU is on the court. They would not have had an eligible player after halftime.

This x 100. The game had ZERO flow because of all the whistles. Reminded me of a JV girls game. I had never seen any of those officials before. Some of the dribble drive fouls were so ticky-tack. And the 3rd foul on James was awful.

I, for one, don't think LK asks the officials to call it a certain way, but I don't believe we will see that level of touch foul called in the Big 12. Especially if WVU is on the court. They would not have had an eligible player after halftime.

Less than zero flow. Awful watching for the fans

There is zero chance that Lon or any coach has any input on how officials call a regular season game. Coaches may do that in exhibition games or scrimmages, but not in a game that counts. I think that if a coach even tried to approach a ref with that kind of request before a game, it would be highly inappropriate.

The one ref who called about 2/3 Of the fouls was Doug Simonds who calls games all over the country, had called Final 4 games, and will surely have OU at least a couple more times this season.

I was at the game at TCU last year when he even T'd up Kruger for some stupid reason and then, just to even it out, gave Jamie Dixon a T a few minutes later.

This team is good, and frankly we should have seen it coming. Our rotation is 5 seniors, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore and 1 freshman. You aren't going to find a lot of teams with that kind of experience that aren't good. Our 4 senior guards is going to be a huge deal in conference play and the postseason. I think this is a tournament team and a solid middle of the pack Big XII team.

After the exhibition game i posted exactly what you just said. I agree with everything you just said. I do think this team is better than last year's team that had a lottery pick and made the tourney. The seniors and the depth are so pivotal. To me, the ceiling is something like what Texas Tech did last year but we're probably somewhere around a 7-9 seed in the NCAA tournament.

The one ref who called about 2/3 Of the fouls was Doug Simonds who calls games all over the country, had called Final 4 games, and will surely have OU at least a couple more times this season.

I was at the game at TCU last year when he even T'd up Kruger for some stupid reason and then, just to even it out, gave Jamie Dixon a T a few minutes later.

Hmmm, guess I didn't recognize him. Whatever the credentials, good or bad, the officiating was poor Tuesday and changed the way the game was played.

Too bad.

Back