NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

If Redick made it work, so will Buddy.

Good comparison, though Buddy's 3rd year in the league was better than any year Redick had. More importantly, Redick bounced around the league because of certain limitations. I think the Kings would have overlooked Buddy's defense if he was a better two-point shooter. However, that is an area he can still get better at. Also, Buddy knocking down 600 3-pointers faster than any other NBA player is quite an accomplishment. The Kings should get good value for him, though I have no idea where he will land now that the "Hield for Kuzma and Harrell" trade is off the board.

We are in the Austin Reaves projected area in the draft. He could go anywhere around here.

If Redick made it work, so will Buddy.

Buddy is already a very good, established player. He’s never going to be the best player on a good team, but he has been a starter for pretty much his entire career and is one of the best shooters in history. If he finds his way to a better team, some of his weaknesses won’t be as big a factor because he won’t be asked to do as much.

Buddy would have been a better fit for the Lakers and less expensive. Hope Buddy can be moved to a contender, but at the same time he knew what he was doing when he signed that big contract with the Kings.

I don't really love the Lakers roster, guys getting old/injuries and never been a huge Westbrook fan.. not a great leader/winner in my opinion.

No politics please.

Not sure why you posted this on my LBJ comment. He plays for the Lakers, and I love the Lakers, therefore I've learned to love him. Now I gotta do the same for RW, who I've hated for years. You will have to look really deep to find a political post I've made on this board. I've laughed at plenty as I lurk though.....

Not sure why you posted this on my LBJ comment. He plays for the Lakers, and I love the Lakers, therefore I've learned to love him. Now I gotta do the same for RW, who I've hated for years. You will have to look really deep to find a political post I've made on this board. I've laughed at plenty as I lurk though.....

Not sure if you're pulling my clavicle here or serious in nature for sometimes you never can tell. It's all in the initials.........L (yndon) B (aines) J (ohnson). You ruined a perfectly good joke directed to bring chuckles only. Must have been my delivery. And who in the hell names their son Baines???????????? Now it's your cue to tell me your son is named Baines?

Not sure if you're pulling my clavicle here or serious in nature for sometimes you never can tell. It's all in the initials.........L (yndon) B (aines) J (ohnson). You ruined a perfectly good joke directed to bring chuckles only. Must have been my delivery. And who in the hell names their son Baines???????????? Now it's your cue to tell me your son is named Baines?

Went over my head, lol.... it was a long, hard week of being a therapist to some amazingly complex teenagers.:ez-laugh:

I will be better next time. :woot

One thing you know about Buddy, even though the season is over, he is still practicing everyday trying and working to get better.

Blake staying in Brooklyn on a one-year deal. I know some people don’t care for the Nets, but that was a good fit for him last season, and I think it is a smart move for both sides to bring him back.

I might not be correct with the order (except for #1 and #2), but I believe these are the top 5 Sooner pro contracts at the moment. If Baker has a big year, he will easily crack this top 5 next year:

1) Trae Young
2) Trent Williams
3) Buddy Hield
4) Lane Johnson
5) Orlando Brown Jr.

I might not be correct with the order (except for #1 and #2), but I believe these are the top 5 Sooner pro contracts at the moment. If Baker has a big year, he will easily crack this top 5 next year:

1) Trae Young
2) Trent Williams
3) Buddy Hield
4) Lane Johnson
5) Orlando Brown Jr.

trae is still on his rookie deal for one more season ..

and he doesn't yet qualify for that 200 mil ... he right now would get the same deal as SGA 172 mil

1) Trae Young
2) Trent Williams
3) Buddy Hield
4) Lane Johnson
5) Orlando Brown Jr.

looking forward to the inaugural top 5 list of student athletes.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1440475445258948612?s=20[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1441182416161239052[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Reaves having himself a very nice stretch tonight against Golden State. In nine minutes, he has nine points and had made all three of his triples.

Back