NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Taking minutes from Monk is huge for his long-term minutes. Hopefully that sticks for him.

Good game last night for both Hield and Reaves. As for Blake, I'm wondering if this is his last year...his knees must be completely shot. Looking at his box score (pick any game this year) reminds me of watching guys like Ralph Sampson and Bill Walton late in their careers.

As for Reaves, he is bringing a lot of much-needed energy off the bench. He has also been aggressive defensively, getting 3 fouls in his 21 minutes. Reaves can learn a lot defensively from a guy like Avery Bradley...and just keeps needing to be a sponge and absorb all he can...really excited for him!

As for Buddy, his stock is going back up based on his PER - which was abysmal last year. The Kings have obviously been trying to trade him since the offseason...but he is far and away the team's best shooter. And while it's early in the season, he may end up in the conversation for the NBA's 6th Man Award. With Buddy, when I check the box score, I first look at the bench scoring points. Every game, I see something like 3, 6, 24, 2, 5...and immediate know Buddy scored 24 points without looking at the name.

Buddy with 11 points 8 boards in a Kings loss to the Mavs
Blake with 8 points 5 boards 2 assists 1 block so filling up the state sheet okay. Nets destroy the Pistons 117-91

Trae 26 points 6 assists, 4 rebounds. Hawks beat Wizards

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1455737003115356166?t=EYDg0e0Si1Vcqox8LzS8xw&s=19[/TWEET]

Buddy had a good game in a loss to the Jazz: 19 points on 6-10, 5-7, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal.

If you'd told me at this time that Reaves was playing 20 minutes a game, I would have assumed he'd come back for another season. Never would have thought it would be for the LA Lakers.

Trae with 21 points 10 assists 9 rebounds
Blake with 7 points 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block
Nets beat the Hawks 117-108

Blake had his best games as far as scoring in a while. 13 points 5 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal. Nets beat the Pistons 96-90

26 for Buddy last night on some really good shooting (8-17 from behind-the-arc). Although he takes so few 2-point shots, he's pretty close to 50% on the year (much improved). He also had more assists than turnovers last night (no small feat for him).

If Buddy keeps playing well, his price tag in regards to trade value will go up. I know how badly the Kings wanted to trade him to the Lakers for Kyle Kuzma (who ended up being part of the Russell Westbrook trade), but no way the Kings are any better with that trade. Also, since Buddy has seemingly accepted the role of coming off the bench, I don't see why the Kings would be in any hurry to trade their best pure shooter.

Trae with a great night in defeat. 31 points 13 assists. 4-9 from 3. Hawks lose a close one to the Suns.

Austin Reaves 10 points 6 rebounds 3 assists in a loss to Portland. No Laker starter scored double figures

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Buddy was trending on Twitter late last night because so many Laker fans are lamenting the fact that they used their trade assets for Russ rather than Buddy. They feel that his shooting is exactly what the team needs, and that Westbrook is just not a good fit for the roster.

Buddy was trending on Twitter late last night because so many Laker fans are lamenting the fact that they used their trade assets for Russ rather than Buddy. They feel that his shooting is exactly what the team needs, and that Westbrook is just not a good fit for the roster.

Russ is not a good fit for most teams. He’s a superb athlete and a triple-double machine who can do incredible things to stuff a highlight reel. Unfortunately, he enjoys the role of a hero so much it’s highly unlikely he’ll give up the spotlight to another player, even if his name is LeBron James.

Blake had a terrific outing in the Nets' road win over the Raptors: 14 points in 27 minutes on 5-9 shooting, 4-6 from deep, with 11 rebounds and 3 assists.

Buddy had a solid game in a close loss to the Pacers. 17 points on 6-16, 5-12, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals and a block. His +9 was the highest on the team (four of the starters were minus for the game).

Russ is not a good fit for most teams. He’s a superb athlete and a triple-double machine who can do incredible things to stuff a highlight reel. Unfortunately, he enjoys the role of a hero so much it’s highly unlikely he’ll give up the spotlight to another player, even if his name is LeBron James.

i'm really surprised he hasn't morphed his game.
He is on the downside of his career and need to except his role as distributer.
He has never improved his shot and his turnovers are getting worse

All 4 Sooners played last night

Nets lost to Chicago 118-95. Blake 2 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists

Golden State beat Atlanta 127-113. 28 points 9 assists for Trae

Buddy Hield started for the Kings scored 14 points, 6 rebounds. Kings lose to the Suns 109-104

Austin Reaves 27 minutes 8 points off the bench Lakers win in OT against the Hornets 126-123

Reaves played a lot in crunch time -- the entire fourth quarter (I think) and a good part of the overtime period -- and received praise from the TV announcers.

Reaves played a lot in crunch time -- the entire fourth quarter (I think) and a good part of the overtime period -- and received praise from the TV announcers.

He's really doing well on a team that I thought was set at point guard. Kudos to him for working hard and having a great attitude. It's nice to see.

Back