OSU's Penn at 44
TMG at 46
KJohnson at 57
Orton 22
Dennis 58
Fitzgerald 70
Shaw 111
Hardrick out of ranking

Is TMG one of the lowest ranked McDoanlds All American ever?

Is Andrew Fitzgerald the kind of player who could start right away? As it is right now, either Ryan Wright or Orlando Allen will be our starting center. That isn't good news if you're an OU fan.

According to his Rivals page, Fitz received offers from eight schools that played in the NCAA Tournament, and three of those programs made it all the way to the Elite 8. That leads me to believe the kid is good enough to play anywhere. Maybe he's good enough to come here and start with Tiny right away.

Andrew is the sleeper of the class. He is the X factor in my opinion. This kid can score in the paint and he is a technician at getting his shot and making space in the lane. His rebounding ability will really improve our team if he can beat his teamates out for the position. The kid seems to be all heart with very good skill and i.q. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Andrew is the sleeper of the class. He is the X factor in my opinion. This kid can score in the paint and he is a technician at getting his shot and making space in the lane. His rebounding ability will really improve our team if he can beat his teamates out for the position. The kid seems to be all heart with very good skill and i.q. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

What Faithful said.

Wright and Allen will not keep Fitz on the bench, unless one or both improves significantly in the off season.

As excited as I am to see Tiny get his hard work validated by these recruiting guys, it really sucks seeing TMG getting snubbed. I honestly don't understand it. I hope that scout has him keeping his fifth star because he hasn't done anything to not have one.

TMG isn't a five star player. He's about where he should be.

TMG isn't a five star player. He's about where he should be.

I think a "fringe" 5 star player is more like it. I think he is a high 20s to low 40s guy. Do you not? He didn't do anything at Madison this year to make me think othewise. He was the big star in the city that has produced the most D1 basketball players last year, and is in the running to do the same this year. All the local scouts project him over Penn. They have seen both a bunch more than Jerry Meyer.

I think a "fringe" 5 star player is more like it. I think he is a high 20s to low 40s guy. Do you not? He didn't do anything at Madison this year to make me think othewise. He was the big star in the city that has produced the most D1 basketball players last year, and is in the running to do the same this year. All the local scouts project him over Penn. They have seen both a bunch more than Jerry Meyer.

I think he is a top 40 player. A high 4 star is about right, which is where he is. He still has deficiencies. I do like he will continue to shoot even if he is cold (MCDAA) but he still has mechanics problems that need to be fixed. Plus he gets out of control on fast breaks and when penetrating.

I'm definitely excited for him, but I think Rivals has it right.

I think he is a top 40 player. A high 4 star is about right, which is where he is. He still has deficiencies. I do like he will continue to shoot even if he is cold (MCDAA) but he still has mechanics problems that need to be fixed. Plus he gets out of control on fast breaks and when penetrating.
I'm definitely excited for him, but I think Rivals has it right.

Sounds like a Byron Eaton as a Freshman, Sophomore and and half of his junior year.

Faithful,
I totally agree that Fitz is the X-factor next year. If he comes in and is able to make an impact he would give us another post pressence that we need. If he is not better than Wright/Allen then we are going to be lacking in the post.

Back