*******Oklahoma (4-1) vs. #2 Wisconsin (6-0) Game Thread*******

Yet another 3 where we are not squared up.

52-39 Badgers at under 12.

Wisconsin is really good. No final four for them would be a disappointing season.

We have 4 more turnovers than fg's made. That's all you need to know about this performance offensively

We need to get inside the 3 point line and take closer shots
We can't hit a lay up right now and a team with the size that Wisconsin has won't let you go inside. We need to make shots to get back in this one. That's our only chance.

You can't tell me that Coach is not telling them to look for better shots besides 3's WoW

Sooners are going to have to win this game from behind the 3-point arc if they're going to come back, because they can't stop Wisconsin on defense.

Eh you guys have to give credit to a good team - we re 3-15 from 3 and their size is really affecting us down low. We gotta learn to be tougher with the ball and need someone to help calm our guys down when the other team goes on runs.

You can't tell me that Coach is not telling them to look for better shots besides 3's WoW
Open 3s are the best shot we can have sometimes. Particularly when you have Buddy Hield shooting them. He had 2 wide open 3s early on this half and missed them both. Our offense just isn't coherent enough overall though. Our point guard play has been too poor this year.

OU can go inside and cause them to pressure the ball, we dont have the discipline to do this because we are looking at 3's as is most teams today

We can't hit a lay up right now and a team with the size that Wisconsin has won't let you go inside. We need to make shots to get back in this one. That's our only chance.

It seems a bit of a trend during Kruger's tenure that we are almost never a good layup-making team. We struggle to get a ton going inside from our guards, because we can never really make contested layups. Walker seems to be really good at it, but he's the first I can remember in Kruger's time here. I wonder if it's a lack of focus on that aspect in practice, in favor of jump shooting.

Wisconsin is a really good team. I love the offense they run, and they play solid defense. This is a really good lesson for OU to play them now. It shows us what we need to work on.

I agree. There is a reason Wisconsin is ranked #2. They have four returning starters from last year's Final Four team. No matter how this game ends, it will be a good learning experience. We've showed well in this tournament overall.

OU can go inside and cause them to pressure the ball, we dont have the discipline to do this because we are looking at 3's as is most teams today

To be fair, UCLA and Wisconsin are really big inside. It's hard to go to the hoop against their interior length. We abused Butler inside because they were smaller. I don't think it is a discipline thing.

Are you kidding Spangler ? Someone tell our fing guys to get tough with the damn ball.

And spangler gets a rebound and then gives it up that leads to a 3...that's why we are losing by double digits

I'm glad Bilas is calling Ryan for lying about the leg kick thing.

Back