OU @ #5 texas 1pm CST on ESPN+

Self’s team this year has average talent by KU standards. 1.5 NBA players on the roster max. He has them in line for a 1 seed. I’m sure he’d make this team over perform.

Heard last night during the ku tcu game, ku has lost 80% of their offense from last yrs NC team.. but here they are #3

Self’s team this year has average talent by KU standards. 1.5 NBA players on the roster max. He has them in line for a 1 seed. I’m sure he’d make this team over perform.

lol what? They have a lottery pick in Dick, and two fringe first rounders/early second rounders in Jalen Wilson and Kevin McCullar (Athletic), which is on par and likely better than their recent draft history.

So far, not much.

I'd also be very hesitant to call anybody he has brought in an NBA talent. I'm not saying a couple of them don't have a chance, but it's far from guaranteed that ANYBODY he has recruited at OU will play in the NBA.

We had 0 nba players on our roster past 2 years, so how can you evaluate that? I think uzan and oweh eventually become nba guys but they are freshmen rn. Cooper is another nba guy eventually. It will take some time to develop this talent, but it will be worth it if we can keep them together.

lol what? They have a lottery pick in Dick, and two fringe first rounders/early second rounders in Jalen Wilson and Kevin McCullar (Athletic), which is on par and likely better than their recent draft history.

Yep. According to 24/7, Ku has 10 4-star players and 1 5-star in Grady dick yet posters like Seymore, Wichita think they are a poverty roster. Their bench is more talented than about half the conference’s starters. Give moser ku’s roster and there is 0 doubt they are a 1 seed.

Yep. According to 24/7, Ku has 10 4-star players and 1 5-star in Grady dick yet posters like Seymore, Wichita think they are a poverty roster. Their bench is more talented than about half the conference’s starters. Give moser ku’s roster and there is 0 doubt they are a 1 seed.

Keep coming at me, Tiny, with lies. Where did I describe their roster as a poverty roster? I am the guy who always predicts them to win the league and put money on it this year and never wavered when they were struggling. And I bet you couldn't name five guys on their bench without looking up their roster. Your Moser love is, frankly, hilarious. But you're right on the last point -- Moser probably could lead that roster to a top seed in the NIT. That would be slightly better than last year.

We had 0 nba players on our roster past 2 years, so how can you evaluate that? I think uzan and oweh eventually become nba guys but they are freshmen rn. Cooper is another nba guy eventually. It will take some time to develop this talent, but it will be worth it if we can keep them together.

I will bet you any amount of money that you want that all three of those guys won't make it to the NBA. We'll be lucky if one does.

And what do you mean how can I evaluate that? I know what a freaking NBA player looks like. We don't have anybody that is a lock or even probable at this point. We have a couple that have a chance, but I'd argue they are long shots at this point.

I will bet you any amount of money that you want that all three of those guys won't make it to the NBA. We'll be lucky if one does.

And what do you mean how can I evaluate that? I know what a freaking NBA player looks like. We don't have anybody that is a lock or even probable at this point. We have a couple that have a chance, but I'd argue they are long shots at this point.

Trying to keep up with your own trash arguments, Bub. You said moser can’t win without krutwig, (who isn’t even an nba level player). Then you said “so far, not much”, which implies he is currently working roster full of NBA talent.

I would be willing to take that bet that 2 of the 3 are nba players someday. Uzan and Cooper are nba locks if they stay healthy and dedicate themselves to being pro.

Last edited:
Trying to keep up with your own trash arguments, Bub. You said moser can’t win without krutwig, (who isn’t even an nba level player). Then you said “so far, not much”, which implies he is currently working roster full of NBA talent.

I would be willing to take that bet that 2 of the 3 are nba players someday. Uzan and Cooper are nba locks if they stay healthy a small dedicate themselves to being pro.

Lol this is an even more ridiculous version of the “deepest roster since 90” theme we hear every October. A kid who has never played above high school and isn’t even a 5 star is an nba lock.

Wait, Uzan is an NBA lock??? He wouldn't even start for most of the teams in the Big 12. Maybe Texas Tech or West Virginia? He didn't even start for us until what, week 8?

The absurd NBA stuff on this forum has been a problem for years... The biggest of those problems is that it creates conversation amongst posters about whether a kid is good enough or not to play in the NBA. Very few college athletes are "good enough" for pro ball, so it unfair to the kid, especially at this stage in his career.

We've seen this before with lots of dudes who many knew had no chance at the NBA, but it kept coming up... Tony Crocker, Rashard Odomes, Jacob Groves, Nate Carter, Brady manek, and lots of other dudes. Now I guess we can add Uzan to that list now.

It is far more likely that Uzan transfers to another school than he makes the NBA, at this point. He averages 7 a game on the worst team in the league. I think he is really good and has a bright future, but he hasn't shown anything that leads me to believe he is a lock for the highest level of pro basketball.

The absurd NBA stuff on this forum has been a problem for years... The biggest of those problems is that it creates conversation amongst posters about whether a kid is good enough or not to play in the NBA. Very few college athletes are "good enough" for pro ball, so it unfair to the kid, especially at this stage in his career.

We've seen this before with lots of dudes who many knew had no chance at the NBA, but it kept coming up... Tony Crocker, Rashard Odomes, Jacob Groves, Nate Carter, Brady manek, and lots of other dudes. Now I guess we can add Uzan to that list now.

It is far more likely that Uzan transfers to another school than he makes the NBA, at this point. He averages 7 a game on the worst team in the league. I think he is really good and has a bright future, but he hasn't shown anything that leads me to believe he is a lock for the highest level of pro basketball.

Yeah, add Kristian Doolittle to that list.

I love Uzan's game, but come on.

I don't think anyone on our roster makes it in the NBA. Except maybe J. Groves.

The absurd NBA stuff on this forum has been a problem for years...

Why is it a problem? Fans get excited about a player and predict big things for him. So what? It might annoy some posters, but then there are some who get annoyed by almost anything positive and all but disappear when things are going well with the team--should we cater to those posters?

And many of the negative posters are wrong plenty often, too. Is it a "problem" that some posters scoffed at the very notion that Austin Reaves was NBA material? Or is it only a problem when some posters are overly enthusiastic?

Why is it a problem? Fans get excited about a player and predict big things for him. So what? It might annoy some posters, but then there are some who get annoyed by almost anything positive and all but disappear when things are going well with the team--should we cater to those posters?

And many of the negative posters are wrong plenty often, too. Is it a "problem" that some posters scoffed at the very notion that Austin Reaves was NBA material? Or is it only a problem when some posters are overly enthusiastic?

It is fine to discuss it but often times, propping up a freshman as an NBA lock sets the kid up for failure (in regards to fan support). Probably isn't a big deal in the real world but on message boards it leads to a lot of idiotic takes and saying a kid sucks rather than admitting a bad evaluation

Making the NBA is very, Very, VERY difficult to do. Unless we get a player like Blake or TY, I'm not going to assume we have an NBA player until they are performing at a remarkable level and being talked about in that way.

I've never seen the posters on this board turn on a player because one or more posters predicted an NBA future for him. We have expectations for players long before anyone here mentions the NBA--I would say the starred recruiting rankings do more harm in this regard than poster predictions.

I think posts about our terrific depth, our players' NBA prospects, etc. just irritate certain posters, so they post just as often about their irritation with those posts, which irritates me (and I can usually be counted upon to say so). I have no dog in the NBA-potential fight; I have no idea who's an NBA prospect. But it doesn't bother me when someone makes an overly optimistic prediction along those lines and I don't believe for a moment it does any harm.

Who know if one of these guys can play at the next level. Hell I remember posters on here laughing at the comments AR could make a roster yet here we are. Just have to wait and see how they develop. Buddy didn't look like an NBA player until the hard work he put in on his 3pt jumper paid off. With players that aren't for sure lotter picks its just a wait and see on how they develop.

Who know if one of these guys can play at the next level. Hell I remember posters on here laughing at the comments AR could make a roster yet here we are. Just have to wait and see how they develop. Buddy didn't look like an NBA player until the hard work he put in on his 3pt jumper paid off. With players that aren't for sure lotter picks its just a wait and see on how they develop.

Of course, but saying someone is a "lock" who isn't in the Trey Young or Blake Griffin category is silly. AR wasn't a lock since he wasn't even drafted.

I would be willing to take that bet that 2 of the 3 are nba players someday. Uzan and Cooper are nba locks if they stay healthy and dedicate themselves to being pro.

Literally name any number lol.

You are severely underestimating how hard it is to make the nba

Save the screenshots cuz Uzan will be the next in a long line of guys I predicted to be drafted (or made nba team)before many of the experts did.

Hits (from the past decade):
Buddy
cousins
Trae (I said he was 1 and done after the first few games, while many “fans” said his “hero ball” wouldn’t make it
in the pros lmao)

Reaves

Miss:
Manek

Back