OU @ #5 texas 1pm CST on ESPN+

No offense, but get over yourself. There was nothing offensive about my post, so if you took it that way, it’s because you are so personally offended by me that you don’t even bother reading it. There are a lot of comments by multiple posters lately about Grant’s deficiencies, and one in particular is constantly attacking him. If people do that, it’s fine to reply. And if people disagree with me, it’s fine if they point out how they think I’m wrong. My post was 100 percent basketball-related on a basketball board. You respond with BS personal crap … you tell me who is in the wrong here.

As for players leaving, if people are so fragile they can’t tolerate criticism of a bad basketball team going in the tank, or if they can’t learn to use the ignore button, that’s not my problem. And I’d surmise there are also people not positing any more because it’s hard to invest in a program that has nothing going for it.

Sometimes it is better to listen than to speak. Note that there is pretty good reason that OU Message Board after OU Message Board over the past 20 years has wanted AdaSooner to be a Moderator. I can assure you it isn't by accident.

Precisely. When teams faceguard Gradey Dick, KU can make them pay because Self schemes up plays to take advantage of openings that gives other players, and those guys then take advantage. It’s what they did to us late in the Fieldhouse. When Texas did it to us, it led to us making four shots in the final 9 mins of regulation plus OT.

When they showed Grant’s conference ranks in scoring and shooting percentages, they are all very impressive, even though he hasn’t been as insanely good as he was in nonconference. It’s crazy he gets so much crap on here from some. He is the least of our problems.

I think self is as good as it gets but if he and moser swapped places this season, I doubt either team’s record would be much different.

I think self is as good as it gets but if he and moser swapped places this season, I doubt either team’s record would be much different.

What’s much different? I think it’d be 2-3 wins, which to me is a ton based off just coaching.

What’s much different? I think it’d be 2-3 wins, which to me is a ton based off just coaching.

Idk maybe a game or 2. Self is a tremendous coach. Put self at loyola, and I doubt he would ever make a final 4, though. I’m aware he went to elite 8 at Tulsa (Tulsa is a much better program than loyola).

Point I’m making is Porter at ou doesn’t have the same options as self does at ku.

Last edited:
If moser goes another season without any wins against osu or texas and misses the tourney for a third year in a row, he will be fired.

At least that many. We’ve lost seven games we led with under five minutes to play. Give Self a late lead, and he may lose once or twice a year. The best close-game coach would have made a massive difference on this team. The first two-plus months was a series of blown leads for us.

Idk maybe a game or 2. Self is a tremendous coach. Put self at loyola, and I doubt he would ever make a final 4, though. I’m aware he went to elite 8 at Tulsa (Tulsa is a much better program than loyola).

Point I’m making is Porter at ou doesn’t have the same options as self does at ku.

Of course KU has more options than OU. That wasn’t my point, my point is that Self is a much better in game coach than Moser.

Self also turned Oral Roberts around & his Illinois teams were really good. He’s won and done really well everywhere he’s went. PM can’t say that.

Self’s team this year has average talent by KU standards. 1.5 NBA players on the roster max. He has them in line for a 1 seed. I’m sure he’d make this team over perform.

Of course KU has more options than OU. That wasn’t my point, my point is that Self is a much better in game coach than Moser.

Self also turned Oral Roberts around & his Illinois teams were really good. He’s won and done really well everywhere he’s went. PM can’t say that.

Moser would be great in the Patriot League…l. By the way, Loyola is getting it handed to them since they changed conferences…..

Self’s team this year has average talent by KU standards. 1.5 NBA players on the roster max. He has them in line for a 1 seed. I’m sure he’d make this team over perform.

Guarantee there will be well more than 1.5 nba guys on their roster. Ku’s roster versus ou’s is not a contest.

Since Boulder is the official thread starter, I won't start a Tech game thread but...

OU -2.5 vs Tech on Bovada right now.

The guy who can’t make an NBA roster?
Think what he could do with actual nba level talent that he is currently bringing in.

So far, not much.

I'd also be very hesitant to call anybody he has brought in an NBA talent. I'm not saying a couple of them don't have a chance, but it's far from guaranteed that ANYBODY he has recruited at OU will play in the NBA.

The guy who can’t make an NBA roster?
Think what he could do with actual nba level talent that he is currently bringing in.

Also, Hollis Price never played in the NBA and I'd damn sure take a player like him.

Also, Hollis Price never played in the NBA and I'd damn sure take a player like him.

Also, just in general, isn't it hard to believe that Moser could be favorably compared to Bill Self as a coach in any way? Moser has two or three good years in his entire career, and Self is universally regarded as one of the two or three best in the sport.

If we had self, we would definitely be a tourney team. We are a few points away from it with Moser. So it would be silly to think one of the best coaches of the last couple decades wouldn't have made a big difference

Back