OU @ #5 texas 1pm CST on ESPN+

In fairness, two of our wins could easily be losses as well— Tech and WVU wins were nail-biters that could have gone against us.

Texas x2
at KU
ISU
WVU
at Tech
Baylor

By my count we’ve played 7 B12 games that were decided late. We are 2-5 in those games. Probably about where you’d expect a less talented team to land.

Getting blown out at home by an average OSU team is worse than all of this.

At this point, it’s obvious the problem is Moser. Odds are we’d win some of these close games if the coaches were putting them in position to win. Moser makes some very questionable decisions every game that lead to losses.

I’m on record saying moser is a failure at OU. If he doesn’t make the tourney next season and get this turned around, he should absolutely be fired. No question. Close isn’t good enough. A losing record is unacceptable.

At this point, it’s obvious the problem is Moser. Odds are we’d win some of these close games if the coaches were putting them in position to win. Moser makes some very questionable decisions every game that lead to losses.

I’m on record saying moser is a failure at OU. If he doesn’t make the tourney next season and get this turned around, he should absolutely be fired. No question. Close isn’t good enough. A losing record is unacceptable.

I'd be there with you if there wasn't such a talent disparity. If Moser doesn't work out at OU, it's because he had continued misses in the transfer portal, not cause of anything in-game.

I mean most of Texas' rotation are 5th year seniors and we're starting two freshman. The future is better than we think.

You can nit-pick in game decisions until you’re blue in the face… talent is a much bigger issue for OU. This of course also falls on PM, but he should be given more time to get that part right. I am not in love with the more conservative, plodding offensive system PM favors, but it CAN work if the horses are upgraded. He’s doing some good things. I’d agree Year three is critical. Will be hard to justify progress if next year isn’t a Tournament team.

I think this is a terrible take

Rice is the reason why texass is actually good this year instead of pretending to be good like usual. He calmly put us away with free throws in Norman and he was exceptional today.

it hurt so much more to me because gibson should have been our rice. that's a win today if he is here.

I'd be there with you if there wasn't such a talent disparity. If Moser doesn't work out at OU, it's because he had continued misses in the transfer portal, not cause of anything in-game.

I mean most of Texas' rotation are 5th year seniors and we're starting two freshman. The future is better than we think.

I agree, I think the problem is we have no one who can score in the clutch. Sherfield continues to fail over and over in most games to help us with a bucket in critical moments. He is supposed to be our scorer and him not filling that role is killing us.

it hurt so much more to me because gibson should have been our rice. that's a win today if he is here.

Very different players IMHO. Rice is taller and more athletic and apparently doesn’t view himself as a PG.

It was looking like today was going to be the day we would pull one out FINALLY. I retain hope our young guys won't be making critical mistakes, with huge TOs in clutch moments, once they are more comfortable in the moment.

In fairness, two of our wins could easily be losses as well— Tech and WVU wins were nail-biters that could have gone against us.

Texas x2
at KU
ISU
WVU
at Tech
Baylor

By my count we’ve played 7 B12 games that were decided late. We are 2-5 in those games. Probably about where you’d expect a less talented team to land.

The close 2 wins are against the 8th and 9th place teams in conference that are 1 game ahead of us @ 4-10 in conference.

To play 4 games against the top 3 in conference that were basically 1 possession games and not come away with 1 win just is incredibly frustrating. This team is just so sloppy down the stretch of games.

Games like the KSU game and today's game still make me think its just a talent issue and not a coaching one.

Games like the KSU game and today's game still make me think its just a talent issue and not a coaching one.

Well, obviously the talent is on him as well.

Don’t forget he recruited Alston from Kc when he was at Loyola … brought him to OU, a wasted ship for the yr, last yr.

That’s on him.

You can nit-pick in game decisions until you’re blue in the face… talent is a much bigger issue for OU. This of course also falls on PM, but he should be given more time to get that part right. I am not in love with the more conservative, plodding offensive system PM favors, but it CAN work if the horses are upgraded. He’s doing some good things. I’d agree Year three is critical. Will be hard to justify progress if next year isn’t a Tournament team.

He can’t get the “horses”. All he’s known is the minor leagues. Hell, he signed a kid with a blown knee this year. That kid won’t play next year. He has two bigs on the roster now, one sat out last year and this year with an injury. Talks is his career may be over, and the other just isn’t good and has to redshirt. Add to that, we have a euro 4 man with no potential to play at this level. I heard east coast low major programs are all over him.

Dude is a disaster.

The close 2 wins are against the 8th and 9th place teams in conference that are 1 game ahead of us @ 4-10 in conference.

To play 4 games against the top 3 in conference that were basically 1 possession games and not come away with 1 win just is incredibly frustrating. This team is just so sloppy down the stretch of games.

Texas let the ball find Oweh and Bamisile down the stretch because they can’t shoot. His refusal to play them early in the season is costing him late.

I agree, I think the problem is we have no one who can score in the clutch. Sherfield continues to fail over and over in most games to help us with a bucket in critical moments. He is supposed to be our scorer and him not filling that role is killing us.

Because he has people draped all over him because they know he’s the only scorer. Are you watching the games?

Because he has people draped all over him because they know he’s the only scorer. Are you watching the games?

Precisely. When teams faceguard Gradey Dick, KU can make them pay because Self schemes up plays to take advantage of openings that gives other players, and those guys then take advantage. It’s what they did to us late in the Fieldhouse. When Texas did it to us, it led to us making four shots in the final 9 mins of regulation plus OT.

When they showed Grant’s conference ranks in scoring and shooting percentages, they are all very impressive, even though he hasn’t been as insanely good as he was in nonconference. It’s crazy he gets so much crap on here from some. He is the least of our problems.

Precisely. When teams faceguard Gradey Dick, KU can make them pay because Self schemes up plays to take advantage of openings that gives other players, and those guys then take advantage. It’s what they did to us late in the Fieldhouse. When Texas did it to us, it led to us making four shots in the final 9 mins of regulation plus OT.

When they showed Grant’s conference ranks in scoring and shooting percentages, they are all very impressive, even though he hasn’t been as insanely good as he was in nonconference. It’s crazy he gets so much crap on here from some. He is the least of our problems.

Do you ever get tired of pointing an accusing finger at “some,” to make yourself look like the smartest guy on the board?

There is almost always a poster or two who are needlessly critical of a player that failed to perform to their standards. I think every poster with half a brain knows that Grant Sherfield is the best player on OU’s team, and it’s not even close. We don’t need a sampling of your all-knowing wisdom numerous times on every thread.

How about giving everyone a rest? Please! I know for a fact you have succeeded in driving people who used to post here to be readers only, and some to simply leave and not come back. If that was your goal, mission accomplished!

Do you ever get tired of pointing an accusing finger at “some,” to make yourself look like the smartest guy on the board?

There is almost always a poster or two who are needlessly critical of a player that failed to perform to their standards. I think every poster with half a brain knows that Grant Sherfield is the best player on OU’s team, and it’s not even close. We don’t need a sampling of your all-knowing wisdom numerous times on every thread.

How about giving everyone a rest? Please! I know for a fact you have succeeded in driving people who used to post here to be readers only, and some to simply leave and not come back. If that was your goal, mission accomplished!

No offense, but get over yourself. There was nothing offensive about my post, so if you took it that way, it’s because you are so personally offended by me that you don’t even bother reading it. There are a lot of comments by multiple posters lately about Grant’s deficiencies, and one in particular is constantly attacking him. If people do that, it’s fine to reply. And if people disagree with me, it’s fine if they point out how they think I’m wrong. My post was 100 percent basketball-related on a basketball board. You respond with BS personal crap … you tell me who is in the wrong here.

As for players leaving, if people are so fragile they can’t tolerate criticism of a bad basketball team going in the tank, or if they can’t learn to use the ignore button, that’s not my problem. And I’d surmise there are also people not positing any more because it’s hard to invest in a program that has nothing going for it.

Agree, but it also helps to have 2-3 other stud players… but scheme is huge

Back