OU @ Baylor 8pm CST on ESPNU

Watched an interview with Rick Barry a while ago and he was talking about the non-stop moving screens in the NBA. They showed several examples that looked a lot like almost every screen that Baylor sets at the top of the key.
Not a complaint about officiating, more like a question because I am not really familiar with the exact rule on moving screens.

They’ve pretty much thrown out the moving screen rule at every level of basketball.

Can simply never sustain enough offense. Good teams are going to score on you even if you play decent D. We are playing hard tonight, but simply can’t score consistently enough. Seems like we are having a good half but Baylor has actually extended their halftime lead.

Can simply never sustain enough offense. Good teams are going to score on you even if you play decent D. We are playing hard tonight, but simply can’t score consistently enough. Seems like we are having a good half but Baylor has actually extended their halftime lead.

and Baylor is elite on O

I'm not sure where this effort was against OSU....those games were actually winnable games. But yet again, here they are seemingly playing to their ceiling when they are significantly overmatched. I will never understand.

They’ve pretty much thrown out the moving screen rule at every level of basketball.

I’ve noticed the screener usually starts moving before the defender gets there… just a split second. Mainly on pick rolls…but ya it’s becoming slap ball

Sherfield has killed us

Agree. This is a game where our role guys have played very well, but they need help to get over top. This is a situation where we aren’t asking Sheflefield to do as much, but he’s not doing much of anything. Bad defense and questionable decisions on offense.

Jacob misses twice and they get theirs.

Gotta keep this close. Need to get a bucket here or they may blow it open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus man do you even read? I got crap on here because I talked up Reaves for two seasons. I bet it, you don’t like me. That doesn’t mean you have to make up crap about my posts. Also, learn to spell Reaves … it’s been five years since he arrived in Norman.

And if you’re right about both of them, it’s pretty unreal our brilliant coach had Oweh on the bench all season so Jacob could start and score three points a game in conference play.

I said “probably”. Credit to you for seeing Reaves potential when many couldn’t. I don’t remember everything you posted, Bub. I do remember you used to be a lot more positive during the Lon era.

I have nothing against you, Wichita. We want the Sooners to be good. I think Moser can get us there, you dont. You state your opinion, I state mine. It’s all good Fam.

Last edited:
I so wish we could design a good BLOB play. I can’t remember the last time we scored on one, and often it’s a struggle just to get it inbounds. I’m sure this isn’t true, but it almost makes me wonder whether we even practice it, or if we just approach it like Lincoln Riley approaches special teams.

I’m happy with the effort tonight but it won’t matter if we don’t finish. Everyday Jon for Baylor is so impressive and such a great story after his knee injury. Dude couldn’t walk for months and somehow made himself into a better 3-pt shooter than Tanner during his recovery.

Also I’ll give Moser props for better use of his timeouts tonight.

Baylor wins the 3rd segment by 1

bam is playing better but he need to be just a little more under control

Extremely unfortunate there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha, wasn’t sure exactly how it was supposed to be officiated or if it even is.

You’re supposed to be completely stationary when contacting the defender but that’s not ever called anymore

We're in position for the rebound and have our back turned to the basket.

I'm not sure where this effort was against OSU....those games were actually winnable games. But yet again, here they are seemingly playing to their ceiling when they are significantly overmatched. I will never understand.

osu is elite elite Defensively that is a very very hard matchup for OU

baylor is elite on O bad on D that is a much better matchup for OU

Back