OU vs #1 Gonzaga 1:40pm CDT on CBS

OU has done it’s self in making senseless mistakes, but come on these refs f’ing suck giving Zags opportunities they don’t deserve.

Gotta hand it to the team for playing hard all game and competing. It’s been an uphill battle but they keep fighting.

I don't know why we're running the offense through Alondes instead of Reaves down the stretch here.

I'm getting a different opinion on Gonzaga than some of you. No doubt, they are a really good team. But I see them as beatable. Their defense really isn't that great. They aren't overly athletic. They are big. They play smart. They are REALLY good at getting high percentage shots. A team that can match their scoring from more than one player could give them a game. Problem is, they got a pretty good draw. I thought Iowa could match up pretty well, but they are gone. They beat Iowa by 11 earlier, but they hit 13/26 threes in that game. Probably wouldn't happen again. Maybe Michigan if they get healthy. Illinois would have been a good one. I don't think Houston gets that far, but their guards can get to the rim, something Zaga hasn't really kept us from doing. Kansas maybe. I think they'd beat Baylor unless Baylor got really hot from three.

But they don't defend the dribble well, and I think a good defensive team, or a team more athletic than us, can slow down their dribble drive. Guess we'll see over the next few weeks.
I don't see Creighton/Ohio giving them a fight.

Maybe USC or Oregon gives them a game. I don't see this years Kansas beating them.
Michigan or Alabama could beat them in the final 4 maybe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Zags clearly better, even if we had Harmon. I think they get beat by a team with better post play.

Too bad. Wanted to see single digits. Too many mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have NBA players all over the floor. Every team is beatable but I don’t know what more you can want to see out of a college team.

Considering how the so-called OU fans on this board criticize our terrible players, a team with 'NBA players all over the floor' should beat us by 30 points.

Suggs ready for the NBA with that flop. EJ obviously fouled him but come on.

Man, if Manek shows up even a little bit we could've been right there. Reaves needed one more guy to go off.

They have NBA players all over the floor. Every team is beatable but I don’t know what more you can want to see out of a college team.

Exactly. They are clearly the best team in the tournament....at least to me. Are they beatable?....sure they are. But they don't have a lot of holes to exploit. I don't think they will really be tested (start to finish) until at least the Elite 8....maybe the Final 4.

I went back and checked, looked like his heel(s) were on the line. Good call unfortunately.

But he pulled his heal out at the last second, just like a charge against reeves early in the game

It has been a roller coaster ride with the team this year. They went on a blazing hot streak and hit a losing streak to end the season. Frankly, I am happy with the effort today, they fought their butts off even coming back down 19. Could have quit and gotten blown out of the gym. Well done to the seniors for a great career.

Back