OU vs #1 Gonzaga 1:40pm CDT on CBS

Well, thats the season folks.

Gonna be a crazy 2021-2022 year.

Sooners played really well today. I wish the margin would have been 10, it was a 10 point game.

Gonzaga is really good. I'll be surprised if they don't win it.

And Brady is so weak...he needs to toughen up

We had a 0% chance of winning the game with him scoring in single digits. Oh well...all we needed was one more win to close out the season, we would have avoided Gonzaga, and perhaps could have made a deeper run.

My quick season ending analysis:

Fun team, lots of heart. Easy to root for this season. Gave it all they had every game (mostly). Great half court defense and gritty on offense. For the year, as it stands on its own, I probably grade it a B+ or A-.

Digging deeper, the question begs whether or not the program and recruiting is stagnant? Four straight years of almost identical results (8-10 seed in tourney). You can certainly do worse, but do we also want to do better? And now the cupboard looks kind of bare. We lose a ton from this team and there doesn’t appear to be much heading in. Probably scrambling to land transfers just to even come close to maintaining the level we’ve seen recently. I’d feel better if I felt there was more infusion in the program— I certainly have no issue with HOW they play or the general way the program conducts itself.

Guys as some of you know I ref college ball for 25 + years, today I questioned a lot of calls, it was if they wanted the Zags to win and they were going to help anyway they could. Really questionable calls in this game.

Expected outcome. Guys fought hard to the end, nothing to be ashamed of. Just gotta get better players.

for a team that lacked rebounding, ball handling at times, and no low post scoring to go 1 and done is not too bad... This team had more grit than ability and one can and should appreciate that. Onto next year, look forward to see who comes back and who they can add from the portal.

Last edited:
Freaking David Payne on News9 pre-empting Barkley talking about Reaves. Can someone tell me what he said about the game?

We had a 0% chance of winning the game with him scoring in single digits. Oh well...all we needed was one more win to close out the season, we would have avoided Gonzaga, and perhaps could have made a deeper run.

Yes, and that’s the shame. We have a second weekend team and probably beat any team other Gonzaga today, but have ourselves to blame for being in this position, specially the loss in Manhattan. The other losses were to very good teams and came down to a possession or two, but the lack of focus in the little apple cost us dearly.

Guys as some of you know I ref college ball for 25 + years, today I questioned a lot of calls, it was if they wanted the Zags to win and they were going to help anyway they could. Really questionable calls in this game.

Yeah I know they're really good, but only 12 fouls all game to our 21? I didn't think there was THAT much difference between the teams defensively. We actually made 1 more FG in the game but you just can't overcome an 8-12 to 23-26 free throw disadvantage against a team like that.

Last edited:
I'm gonna miss Reaves. Our best player since Buddy and hes still underrated by posters on this board.

Oklahoma fought gamely, but were just outclassed. They had to shoot really well from 3 and avoid turnovers to win, and keep Gonzaga out of the paint. Just 5 three pointers isn't enough against a team like this. OU really did a decent job on defense in the paint, thanks to Kur Kuath.

There were a lot of open 3 point looks that OU players turned down--just not enough shooting in a game like this. Got to take advantage of every open look.

Gonzaga is not very athletic inside. I could see a team with fast, athletic bigs score a lot of points on them. Like Oregon did to Iowa earlier today--spread the floor with shooting and go to work.

Good effort by Oklahoma. This was a solid season overall. They played hard, got some good wins. Went out against the preseason #1 team. Not bad for a team not even receiving votes in the preseason Top 25.

Yeah I know they're really good, but only 12 fouls all game to our 21? I didn't think there was THAT much difference between the teams defensively. We actually made 1 more FG in the game but you just can't overcome 8-12 to 23-26 against a team like that.

Totally agree

I've consistently chastised people on this board who constantly ***** about the refs.....those posters have little credibility when there actually is a grievance to be had with the zebras. Today was one of those days. We were outscored by 15 points at the FT line. Some of that is attributable to Gonzaga playing inside offense and being aggressive. However, it seemed like an overwhelming disparity in the 50/50 calls going against us.

It's NOT the reason we lost.....we weren't beating Gonzaga even with Harmon today. But some of the bad calls changed the momentum of the game and that definitely had an effect on the dynamic. It would've most certainly been a closer game.

Last edited:
can't be too upset being within an offensive rebound of making it a single digit game and only playing offense with 1.5 guys.

final play of the game epitomized the season. just wish we had harmon so i don't have to wonder what if.

I think if Gonzaga had been in the Big 12 they wouldn't be undefeated right now. Just my humble opinion. That being said, Reaves left it all out on the court. I liked Williams FINALLY showing up, and EH played tough too. Manek, to play like that in prob his final game, I have no words...in order to be a good team you need a team of FIVE consistent players. That's what Gonzaga has. That's what we've lacked for a while now. We have got to find a productive BIG instead of all of these project players that never see the court. Next year could get ugly, only time will tell. With Kruger we most likely will always have about a 16-11 or 18-14 record, just saying...is it time to look elsewhere?

Yeah I know they're really good, but only 12 fouls all game to our 21? I didn't think there was THAT much difference between the teams defensively. We actually made 1 more FG in the game but you just can't overcome 8-12 to 23-26 against a team like that.

I figure that a combination of fouls that weren't called on Gonzaga plus some that were called on us were worth about 7-10 points. It's not why they won the game, but it's a more accurate representation of the outcome.

Gonzaga is going to have to play better than that to be National Champions.

I've consistently chastised people on this board who constantly ***** about the refs.....those posters have little credibility when there actually is a grievance to be had with the zebras. Today was one of those days. We were outscored by 15 points at the FT line. Some of that is attributable to Gonzaga playing inside offense and being aggressive. However, it seemed like an overwhelming disparity in the 50/50 calls going against us.

It's NOT the reason we lost.....we weren't beating Gonzaga even with Harmon today. But some of the bad calls changed the momentum of the game and that definitely had an effect on the dynamic. It would've most certainly been a closer game.

OU got ZERO 50/50 calls today against the Zags. I still don't think OU wins but it would be have been less than a 10 point game.

Back