OU vs #2 Alabama 1pm CST on ESPN

After the TCU debacle, this has been an impressive response in this first half. Not only OU is the more physical team, but Grant and Tanner have stepped up their individual games. This type of response still indicates the coaches have the ears of the players and there is a culture being set.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1619425494621130752[/TWEET]

Now, finish the job!

Last edited:
Danger! Danger! Second half coming soon! :)

Seriously, who would have predicted this start. I just how we play to win in second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the TCU debacle, this has been an impressive response in this first half. Not only OU is the more physical team, but Grant and Tanner have stepped up their individual games. This type of response still indicates the coaches have the ears of the players and there is a culture being set.

Great first half. Let's close this one out in the second.

Yes, it's a great bounce back so far. The coaches haven't lost the players, like I feared during the TCU game.

Not sure what in the hell that I'm watching.....but keep it going!

Lol this is exactly how I feel.

Where has that offense been all season?? We were the aggressors and didn’t sit back and play slow. We looked to push when we had the advantage. Obviously it helps when you shoot the lights out, but the ESPN studio guys said, we didn’t have to take a ton of tough shots because we played so well offensively. Now … will we dance with the one who brung us, or slow it down and look to bleed clock? Stay aggressive, Porter!!

Also, Jimmy Dykes is a really good analyst. It’s nice to have someone who actually makes astute observations about what it happening and really breaks things down for the viewer.

Lol this is exactly how I feel.

Where has that offense been all season?? We were the aggressors and didn’t sit back and play slow. We looked to push when we had the advantage. Obviously it helps when you shoot the lights out, but the ESPN studio guys said, we didn’t have to take a ton of tough shots because we played so well offensively. Now … will we dance with the one who brung us, or slow it down and look to bleed clock? Stay aggressive, Porter!!

Also, Jimmy Dykes is a really good analyst. It’s nice to have someone who actually makes astute observations about what it happening and really breaks things down for the viewer.

I think one key difference from other Big 12 teams, that Jimmy Dykes pointed out - Bama goes over ball screens and tries to recover. This allows Grant to get a midrange shot, or Uzan throw lobs to Godwin.

KU/TCU/Baylor switched 1-5 and we couldn't take advantage. Bama might adjust but this is probably how they've defended ball screens all year and have the 4th ranked defense on KenPom.

It helps that we are shooting so well but we are moving much better off the ball and executing passes to the low post well off cuts. Hopefully our legs don't give out 2nd half. 0-0 and let's go win 2nd half!

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1619426886811291648[/TWEET]

How about in the game, we just go off and win by 17+ for a change..

Jacob probably shouldn’t see the floor the rest of the way unless someone needs a quick rest.

13-7 Alabama 2nd half, why did Jacob pass up 15' to bounce pass into low post traffic? We didn't make those mistakes 1st half.

Back