OU vs #9KU 12pm CST on CBS

This is the post you make if OU wins 17 or 18 games and barely misses the tournament or something like that. Not with a 12 win season. There was enough talent on this roster to atleast be in the bubble all season long. Moser has completely screwed the pooch with this team.

But you are right, OU's guard play sucks.

in other confs sure not in this one ..

i don't think many on here truly understand how much better the big 12 is then in the past ..

The argument for PM is that he can do more with less talent. I see zero evidence of this

The Groves brothers hurt this so called narrative because perhaps they had "way less talent." Look at a season beyond that experiment/gamble and see if there is real truth to it.

In the portal era it doesn’t matter how young you are.

It does if you retain your young talent. The last few weeks all I've seen is that all we need is a good portal big. So by that logic if we retain our young talent and get a good portal big we will be better next year.

Our best players outside of GS are young. They will get better and so will the wins. As OU fans we want results now, but that's not realistic. Does this season suck, absolutely. Is it worse than we predicted, absolutely. It will get better.

TG has taken a lot of heat this season, some of it deservedly so. But our guard play is not near as good as it was last year which has affected his abilities to succeed.

Are you serious? Goldwire was mediocre or worse most of last season and Harkless was awful. Sherfield is far better and Uzan has at least shown flashes. Blaming our guard play for Tanner’s season is a joke.

This garbage time lineup on the floor for us to run out the clock, is a lineup that is on the floor together during significant stretches throughout the game.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Goldwire was mediocre or worse most of last season and Harkless was awful. Sherfield is far better and Uzan has at least shown flashes. Blaming our guard play for Tanner’s season is a joke.

goldwire and harkless were both ELITE on defense ..

sherfield is - on D adn Uzan is - on both since big 12 play has started

The "this will get better" promise depends on OU retaining its current talent and commits and Moser working some magic in the portal. I'm not at all convinced the former will occur and will be very pleasantly surprised if the latter does--Moser has no grasp of working the portal.

Even if all that happens, major improvement is two or three years away. Oweh and Uzan may be a bit a better next year, but we're not likely to see a huge leap. The two new guys will be true freshmen and probably no better than Oweh and Uzan have been this year.

And I will be very surprised is we don't see some players depart and perhaps even a major exodus. Who could blame them for leaving?

your point?? he is a MCDAA at KU that is not the world OU basketball lives in

Ummm… did you see the post I responded to with that? Saying our best players are young? So is Dick… but he’s so much better then our young guys.

I get it… you think we are ok … I disagree. I’ve actually enjoyed OU Bball for about 40+ years… as much as fball. I expect better then this

i don't think many on here truly understand how much better the big 12 is then in the past ..

Most of us do. We also can see that our team sucks. Plain and simple. And effective FG numbers and a couple decent recruiting classes don’t make a bit of difference to me when the product on the floor is this God awful. Good coaches don’t get blown out every damn game regardless of how good the league is. They don’t get 25 games into a season and have no clue what their rotation is. They don’t coach teams that make the same mistakes game after game.

Moser will never succeed at OU. We can wait 10 years and let him bring in his own players and that won’t change.

The "this will get better" promise depends on OU retaining its current talent and commits and Moser working some magic in the portal. I'm not at all convinced the former will occur and will be very pleasantly surprised if the latter does--Moser has no grasp of working the portal.

Even if all that happens, major improvement is two or three years away. Oweh and Uzan may be a bit a better next year, but we're not likely to see a huge leap. The two new guys will be true freshmen and probably no better than Oweh and Uzan have been this year.

And I will be very surprised is we don't see some players depart and perhaps even a major exodus. Who could blame them for leaving?

I agree. This is not your father’s college basketball

Most of us do. We also can see that our team sucks. Plain and simple. And effective FG numbers and a couple decent recruiting classes don’t make a bit of difference to me when the product on the floor is this God awful. Good coaches don’t get blown out every damn game regardless of how good the league is. They don’t get 25 games into a season and have no clue what their rotation is. They don’t coach teams that make the same mistakes game after game.

Moser will never succeed at OU. We can wait 10 years and let him bring in his own players and that won’t change.

Truth

It does if you retain your young talent. The last few weeks all I've seen is that all we need is a good portal big. So by that logic if we retain our young talent and get a good portal big we will be better next year.

That is all we need? You can't be serious. We need significant upgrades at two of our starting five positions (and probably three of the five). We need length and athleticism in a bad way....even coming off the bench. We've learned the hard way that you can't hitch your wagon to unathletic mid-major players who have prominent roles.

I agree.

This. If Moser stays this is what he and the staff will be faced with. 1. Processing out the players who aren't good enough. And there's quite a few. Then 2. Keeping the guys you want. Which will be very difficult after a losing season; all the while, trying to convince guys in the portal to play for a coach who's in the hotseat. Not to mention keeping the assistant coaches. I just don't think he can do it. Part of this is not his fault but alot of it is.

Two things can be true at once: Moser is actually a good mid major coach but has no business coaching in the Big 12 or SEC. Not only from a recruitment standpoint but also a player development standpoint.

Boulder I like Uzan and Oweh....I believe in time, they can be really good players. But even with the incoming freshman next year, we are likely going to be about the same as far as our ceiling. I say that because it's unrealistic to think that 2 new young guys can come in and have instant impact on our success.....unless of course they are superstars, which I haven't gathered that through the info on them. I just think we are treading water at best (and probably sinking a bit) until 2024.

moser is a builder and that is not a fast process especially in this league currently if you are not a top 30 team you are going to struggle ..

Back