Way too early Big 12 predictions 4/28/2010 Edition

Sam

Reaction score
Recruits, players leaving etc are starting to shake out so lets jump the gun and predict the Big 12.

Did a little bit of research for this but I wouldn't be surprised if there are errors in the breakdown or the starting line ups. Just wanted to give people a general breakdown of the teams with easy access. So people could make some better predictions more than just blind guessing at the very least.

(Italics = returning starter)

1. Kansas State
Dennis Clemente is a big loss, that can’t be denied but with 3 other returning starters and a top bench player back I think they have the best blend of talent and experience coming back. If Pullen can get some backcourt help they’re the team to beat with the wealth of front court talent returning along with juco Freddy Asprilla.

Top Returning Players
G Jacob Pullen 19 points, 3 assists
F Curtis Kelly 12 points, 6 rebounds
F Jamar Samuels 11 points, 5 rebounds
G/F Dominique Sutton 7 points, 6 rebounds

Key Losses
G Dennis Clemente 17 points, 4 assists
C Louis Colon 3 points, 4 rebounds

Key addition(s)
C Fred Asprilla – top juco center who will provide a big presence down low, who should be just as good or more likely better than previous starting center Colon

Projected starting lineup
PG Jacob Pullen
SG Rodney McGruder
SF Dominique Sutton
PF Curtis Kelly

C Freddy Asprilla
6th man – Jamar Samuels

2. Kansas
They're losing three starters but in a down year for the Big 12 I expect them to compete for another title and possibly win another. Marcus is going to have a big year for them and I expect the combo of Morningstar, Reed, Selby, Taylor and Johnson to produce enough to keep the lane open for Morris.

Top Returning Players
Marcus Morris – 13 points, 6 rebounds
Tyshawn Taylor – 7 points, 3 assists
Brandon Morningstar – 4 points, 3 assists
Tyrel Reed – 5 points
Markieff Morris – 7 points, 5 rebounds

Key Losses
Sheron Collins- 15 points, 5 assists
Cole Aldrich - 11 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks
Xavier Henry - 13 points, 4 rebounds

Key Addition(s)
Josh Selby - big time athletic and skilled combo guard who will get the chance to play the point, but will compete with Taylor and Elijah Johnson for the spot
Jeff Withey - transfer from Arizona, big presence expected to replace the Cole Aldrich role of sloth for the Hawks

Projected Starting Lineup
PG Josh Selby
SG Tyshawn Taylor
SF Brandon Morningstar

PF Markieff Morris
C Marcus Morris
6th Man Tyrel Reed

3. Baylor
Even though I think Missouri is a better team at this point I think Baylor is going to take advantage of a weak South and get to third. Dunn, Jones and Acy gives the Bears a talented trio to build around despite the losses of Udoh, Carter and yes even Loomers. Perry Jones and either A.J. Walton or Stargell Love (the new PG) will provide the key for Baylor’s ceiling. Nolan Dennis and Dargan Sekelja are two highly regarded recruits from this past class who will need to play much bigger roles with the departing upperclassmen.

Top returning players
G Lace Dunn 20 points, 5 boards
F Quincy Acy 9 points, 5 boards
G/F Anthony Jones, 6 points, 5 boards

Key Losses
PG Tweety Carter - 15 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists
PF Ekpe Udoh – 14 points, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks
C Josh Loomers – 7 points, 4 rebounds

Key Addition(s)
C Perry Jones – Elite skill and athletic talent but motor and consistency are question marks
PG Stargell Love – Very athletic point guard who is expected to compete with Walton for time at the point.

PG A.J. Walton
SG Lace Dunn
SF Anthony Jones

PF Quincy Acy
C Perry Jones
6th man Nolan Dennis

4. Missouri
A strong recruiting class has offset the losses of Tiller and Taylor in the backcourt and Ramsey upfront. Ratliff provides an experienced offensive upgrade to the front court out of juco and Phily Pressey should thrive in Anderson's pressing system. Tony Mitchell and his possible qualifying issues might be the difference between them challenging for the title or floating in the second tier.

Top Returning Players
G/F Kim English – 14 points
G Marcus Denmon - 10 points
F Lawrence Bowers – 10 points, 6 rebounds
F Justin Safford – 8 points, 4 rebounds
G Michael Dixon – 8 points

Key Losses
G J.T Tiller – 9 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals
G Zaire Taylor – 8 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals
F Keith Ramsey - 6 points, 6 rebounds

Key Additions
G Phil Pressey – Undersized but highly athletic point guard, son of NBA player Paul Pressey
F Ricardo Ratliff – highly productive (points and rebounding) and talebted junior college player
F Tony Mitchell – Highly athletic 5 star 3 /4 hybrid who appears to be just scratching the surface of his potential but has qualifying issues

PG Michael Dixon
SG Marcus Denmon
SF Kim English

PF Ricardo Ratliff
C Justin Safford
6th Man – Lawrence Bowers

5. Oklahoma State
With only two major player losses from a salty squad the Cowboys could be position to take advantage of a weak Big 12 South and possible finish higher than even 5th overall. A big question with OSU is will they rely more on a scoring by committee approach or have one player step up to replace the loss of James Anderson. Also with some size on the roster will OSU play a more traditional lineup consistently?

Top returning players
SG Keiton Page 11 points a game
PF Marshall Moses 9 points, 8 rebounds
PF Matt Pilgrim 8 points, 7 rebounds
PG Ray Penn 8 points, 3 assists

Key Losses
SG James Anderson 22 points, 6 rebounds
SF Obi Muonelo 13 points, 5 rebounds

Key Additions
PF Michael Cobbins – Athletic 4 man who is a top 50 in the nation type. Is a little on the skinny side so might take an adjustment period to the Big 12
SF J.P. Olukemi – Athletic and talent Juco, with 3 years to play and has been practicing with the team since January (I think I read that somewhere)
PF Darrell Williams – Good Juco with 2 years to play who averaged a double double for one the best juco teams in the nation at Midland

Starting Lineup
PG Ray Penn
SG Keiton Page

SF J.P Olukemi
PF Marshall Moses
C Matt Pilgrim
6th man Darrel Williams

6th. Texas
The talent is there just like last year, the question now is will it come together and produce positive results. The biggest question is at point guard with will it be 5 star incoming recruit Corey Joesph, or one of the incumbents in Balbay or Brown. The group is young and will need some coaching which is a question mark with Barnes but with a weak Big 12 the Horns could potentially make a run.

Top Returning Players
G/F Jordan Hamilton – 10 points, 4 rebounds
G J’Covan Brown – 10 points
F Gary Johnson – 9 points, 6 rebounds
G Dougus Balbay - 4 points, 3 assists
G Varez Ward (coming off injury, missed all season)

Key Losses
F Damion James – 18 points, 10 rebounds
C Dexter Pittman – 10 points, 6 rebounds
G Avery Bradley – 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
G Justin Mason – 4 points

Key Additions
F Tristan Thompson – 5 star power forward, very athletic but appears to be a tad raw for the high level division one level.
PG Corey Joseph – Another 5 star recruit but more polished and complete than Tristan

Starting Lineup
PG Dougus Balbay
SG J’Covan Brown
SF Jordan Hamilton
PF Tristan Thompson
C Gary Johnson
6th man Corey Joesph

7th. Colorado
New Coach but they might have the best backcourt in the league with Higgins and Burks. The X-factor is Shannon Sharpe at the Point, he had a lot of hype before being lost to an injury last year, if he can be even close to the hype they will have the best backcourt in the conference. But they're still weak in middle and that will hold them back in a tough North.

Top Returning Players
SF Corey Higgins – 19 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals
SG Alec Burks – 17 points, 5 rebounds
PF Marcus Relphorde – 11 points, 4 rebounds
C Austin Dufult– 5 points 3 rebounds
PG Nate Tomlinson – 5 points, 4 assists

Key Losses
G Dwight Thorne 7 points

Key Additions
PG Shannon Sharp (going to count him as he never played and they don’t have a single commit according to rivals)

Starting Lineup
PG Shannon Sharp
SG Alec Burks
SF Corey Higgins
PF Marcus Relphorde
C Austin Dufult

6th man Nate Tomlinson

8th. Texas Tech
It is a make or break year for Pat Knight as this is his last season with stars John Roberson and Mike Singletary. They will be improved but not enough to make a real splash in the Big 12, even in a down south.

Top returning players
PF Mike Singletary 15 points, 7 rebounds
PG John Roberson – 14 points 5 assists
SG David Tairu – 9 points, 3 rebounds
SF D'walyn Roberts – 7 points, 6 rebounds
SF Brad Reese – 7 points, 3 rebounds

Key Losses
G Nick Okorie – 11 points, 3 rebounds
C Dark Cohadarevic – 7 points, 5 rebounds

Key Additions
PG Javarez Willis - Athletic prep guard, should be Roberson's back up
PF Paul Cooper - Big, (280 pounds) post play who given the lack of experienced Red Raider size could be expected to contribute this upcoming season

Starting Lineup
PG John Roberson
SG David Tairu
SF D'walyn Roberts
PF Mike Singletary

C Robert Lewandowski
6th man Brad Reese

9th. Texas A&M
I think they are going to take a step back. While they will continue to be a tough team in regards to defense and rebounding, I expect them to have scoring woes. Sloan carried the load offensively and I question if anybody on their current roster can step up to be a consistent scorer.

Top Returning Players
SG Derrick Roland 10 points 3 rebounds (missed most of the year with a horrid broken leg)
G BJ Holmes – 9 points
PF David Loubeau – 9 points, 5 rebounds
SF Khris Middleton – 7 points, 4 rebounds
PG Dash Harris – 5 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
F Nathan Walkup – 5 points, 3 rebounds

Key Losses
SG Donald Solan – 18 points, 4 rebounds
C Bryan Davis – 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks

Key Additions
PF Tobi Oyedeji – Good defensive minded power forward, good athlete as well, raw offensively, Top 100 player nationally
PF/SF Daniel Alexender – Talented SF/PF with good size, 3 point range, top 100 as well by rivals

Starting Lineup
PG Dash Harris
SG Derrick Roland
SF Khris Middleton
PF Tobi Oyedeji
C David Loubeau
6th man BJ Holmes

10th Oklahoma
I think if you are on this board you know enough about this team that I don’t need to break it down. Just going to throw out my projected starting lineup.

Starting Lineup
PG Carl Blair
SG Cade Davis
SF Cameron Clark
PF Nick Thompson
C Andrew Fitzgerald
6th man Steve Pledger

11th Nebraska
Doc will put together another squad that will overachieve but in a rough North I just don’t see this team being able to compete. They have some decent pieces but not enough.

Top returning players
G Brandon Richardson – 9 points
F Jorge Diaz – 9 points, 4 rebounds
F Christian Standhardinger – 8 points, 4 rebounds
G Lance Jeter – 7 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
G Eshaunte Jones – 6 points
F Brandon Ubel – 4 points

Key Losses
G Ryan Anderson – 11 points, 5 rebounds
G Sek Henry – 7 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists

Key Additions
C Christopher Niemann – been on campus for two years but due to a ruling on his amateur status because of professional play at Germany caused him to set out his 1st year. Then a torn acl in his second year has lead to him still not played a meaningful minute. Was expected to be a key player for them before the injury, so he should improve a solid front court

Projected Starters
PG Lance Jeter
SG Brandon Richardson

SF Eshaunte Jones
PF Jorge Diaz
C Christopher Niemann
6th man Christian Standhardinger

12th. Iowa State
Players fleeing left and right, now their coach jumped ship to Creighton as well. Enter a new coach with no college level experience and only some NBA front office work in Cyclone Legend Fred Hoiberg. Even Hilton Magic can’t keep ISU out of the Big 12 basement.

Top returning players
PG Diante Garrett – 9 points, 5 assists
SG Scott Christopherson – 8 points
PF LaRon Dendy – 7 points, 4 rebounds
PF Jamie Vanderbeken – 4 points 3 rebounds (10 games, hardship)

Key Losses
PF Craig Brackins – 17 points, 9 rebounds
SF Marquis Gilstrap – 15 points, 9 rebounds
SG Lucca Staiger – 9 points
C Justin Hamilton – 6 points, 5 rebounds

Key Additions
Umm not sure who is going to stay with Hoiberg so I don’t know

Projected starters
PG Diante Garett
SG Charles Boozer
SF Scott Christopherson
PF LaRon Dendy
C Jamie Vanderbeken
6th man – Antwon Oliver

Excelltent breakdown - it shows you put some work into it. Thanks a lot, there's everything you need in one post!:clap

I think KSU will be vastly overrated this year. They only had two guys that could score this year and one of them is gone. Pullen will face much tougher D without Clemente. They have no impact PG or C. I don't think they are top 10 in the nation at all like polls have suggested.
KU should win the Big 12 title.

Until some team proves otherwise the safe pick is Kansas. Self has won or shared 6 straight and he just got his man in Selby. I agree with Cheno that Clemente is a bigger loss to KSU than people are projecting. I think the top 6 go something like this

1. KU
2. KSU
3. Baylor
4. Texas
5. Missouri
6. A&M

Throw everybody else in a hat.

I think KSU will be vastly overrated this year. They only had two guys that could score this year and one of them is gone. Pullen will face much tougher D without Clemente. They have no impact PG or C. I don't think they are top 10 in the nation at all like polls have suggested.
KU should win the Big 12 title.

i think kstate is being overrated a bit too. but, kelly is a much better scorer than you indicate here. he was very consistent in the 2nd half of the year.

kstate has plenty of players that can score the ball. ball handling is a concern.

5. Oklahoma State
With only two major player losses from a salty squad the Cowboys could be position to take advantage of a weak Big 12 South and possible finish higher than even 5th overall. A big question with OSU is will they rely more on a scoring by committee approach or have one player step up to replace the loss of James Anderson. Also with some size on the roster will OSU play a more traditional lineup consistently?

Top returning players
SG Keiton Page 11 points a game
PF Marshall Moses 9 points, 8 rebounds
PF Matt Pilgrim 8 points, 7 rebounds
PG Ray Penn 8 points, 3 assists

Key Losses
SG James Anderson 22 points, 6 rebounds
SF Obi Muonelo 13 points, 5 rebounds

Key Additions
PF Michael Cobbins – Athletic 4 man who is a top 50 in the nation type. Is a little on the skinny side so might take an adjustment period to the Big 12
SF J.P. Olukemi – Athletic and talent Juco, with 3 years to play and has been practicing with the team since January (I think I read that somewhere)
PF Darrell Williams – Good Juco with 2 years to play who averaged a double double for one the best juco teams in the nation at Midland

Starting Lineup
PG Ray Penn
SG Keiton Page

SF J.P Olukemi
PF Marshall Moses
C Matt Pilgrim
6th man Darrel Williams

Markel Brown (Louisiana POY) will be a high-impact newcomer. He's a really athletic guard that will force PT from Ford. He's pretty much the anti-Keiton.

Olukemi isn't eligible 'til semester. And I doubt Pilgrim and Moses will be able to play together.

No idea what to expect with the team. Seems the roster is beginning to get a bit taller and more athletic, however.

1.) Missouri
-The three young sophomores trio of English, Denmon, and Bowers are now juniors and all averaged double figures for a NCAA Tournament team last year. Now they add the best juco in the country who fits their style perfectly and get offensive upgrades in the paint, at point guard, and at shooting guard. This is to the team to beat, IMO.

2.) Kansas
-Nothing to say here.

3.) Baylor
-AJ Walton and Stargell Love (an athletic freak) will do a fine job at point guard. Lace Dunn is the best scorer in the conference, and they are athletic and talented all around.

4.) Oklahoma State
-I think OSU had the most underrated recruiting class in the conference. JP Olukemi and Darrell Williams were two of the better juco guys available, and Markel Brown and Brian Williams are two big time athletes and scorers. They will be more balanced and athletic this year and will have a good year.

5.) Kansas State
-Denis is a big loss but they have enough talent to get that first round bye. Regardless, they are a lock for the NCAA Tournament. They got a major upgrade in the paint with Freddy Asprilla over Louis Colon. Asprilla, Sutton, Samuels, and Judge might be the best frontcourt in the league.

6.) Texas
-Lots of young talent. If they have guys that can actually shoot the ball they will be better than a year ago.

7.) Colorado
-Cory Higgins and Alec Burks make up the best guard combo in the league. Bzdelik thought Shannon Sharpe was going to be the starter at point guard right off the bat and he had to sit with injury. He thought he could be as good as Burks, which is a high compliment. Marcus Relphorde is also a good 12-13 ppg guy and is a senior. The new coach wants to score in the 70's and 80's instead of the 50's and 60's and they have the guards to do that.

8.) Nebraska
-I think Nebraska is going to bounce back this year after having new players all over the court. They got a very talented point guard from Oregon (University of) who led UO in assists for two years. He is 3 years removed from high school and will start immediately with Jeter being the backup. They get Toney Mccray back from injury and Doc thought he was double-figure scorer last year. Brian Diaz, Christian Standhardinger, Chris Niemann, Andre Almeida, and Brandon Ubel make up a pretty salty frontcourt.

9.) Tech
-They have pretty much the same team as last year. They didnt bring in the kind of guys to put them over the hump and get them in NCAA contention. If Brad Reese (7.5 ppg) can improve and score 10 or 11 a game and if David Tairu (9.2 ppg) can improve to 11 or 12 ppg they will have a shot at moving up to 2-3 spots and contending for a tourney bid. But they need those two second year juco guys to improve and be better compliments to Roberson and Singletary.

10.) A&M
-Probably making a mistake here, just like last year. But they lose Sloan and Davis and those guys have been the rock of that program. I will have to wait and see with them.

11.) Oklahoma
-OU has new players all over the floor and only returns 3 guys that played at all last year. Outside of ISU they will be the most inexperienced team in the Big 12 and its hard to put them higher than this without knowing much of anything about them.

12.) Iowa State
-They lose Brackins, Gilstrap, Colvin, and might lose 2-3 more to transfer. Its going to be a rough year in Cyclone land.

Morningstar is back for KU?

I have to watch that punk ass for another year?

Until some team proves otherwise the safe pick is Kansas. Self has won or shared 6 straight and he just got his man in Selby. I agree with Cheno that Clemente is a bigger loss to KSU than people are projecting.

This.

My rankings:

1.) KU
2.) Baylor (play KSU in Waco)
3.) KSU
4.) MU (I think MU and KSU may be better than Baylor but because they play each other twice and play KU twice they will finish below Baylor)
5.) Texas (more talent than anyone not named KU)
6.) Texas Tech (Singletary and Roberson make them a formidable foe)
7.) Nebraska (will be much improved but play in a tough division)
8.) osu (miss James Anderson a lot)
9.) aTm (still very competitive; could finish 2 or 3 slots higher)
10.) CU (I like the new hire but this is Colorado)
11.) OU
12.) ISU (even though ISU will beat OU in Ames)

1.) Missouri
-The three young sophomores trio of English, Denmon, and Bowers are now juniors and all averaged double figures for a NCAA Tournament team last year. Now they add the best juco in the country who fits their style perfectly and get offensive upgrades in the paint, at point guard, and at shooting guard. This is to the team to beat, IMO.

Are you serious? Mizzou will be fighting to get in the top 4 in the Big 12. I don't know why you like that trio so much. Denmon does nothing against good competition. Bowers is solid but he's a backup on a very good Big 12 team. Denmon and Bowers are all league type players. English is good but not great or the type that can carry a team.
Are you related to these guys? LOL

Morningstar is back for KU?

I have to watch that punk ass for another year?

You won't have to watch him much. His minutes went way down last year as the year went on and KU is loaded more on the perimeter next year.
Reed has passed him.

Are you serious? Mizzou will be fighting to get in the top 4 in the Big 12. I don't know why you like that trio so much. Denmon does nothing against good competition. Bowers is solid but he's a backup on a very good Big 12 team. Denmon and Bowers are all league type players. English is good but not great or the type that can carry a team.
Are you related to these guys? LOL

Laurence Bowers increased his scoring and rebounding from 3.2 and 2.1 to 10.2 and 5.7... He also blocked 48 shots.

Marcus Denmon increased his scoring, rebounding, and assists from 6, 2.2, and 1.4 to 10.4, 3, and 1.4... He averaged 11 per game in big 12 games.

Kim English increased his numbers from 6 points and 1.6 rebounds to 14 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. He went from a 15 minutes per game guy to an All Big 12 3rd team selection as a sophomore.

Its a nice group of sophomores that got a lot better, and will get better now that they are jumping into their junior and senior years.

When you have 2 really solid double figure scorers (Denmon and Bowers) and an All Big 12 caliber guard (English) and you add the #1 juco post recruit in the country and likely big 12 preseason newcomer of the year (Ratliffe), a very promising young point guard who averaged 8 ppg off the bench as a true freshman (Dixon), the #15 recruit in the country (Tony Mitchell), and the Pressey brothers (one is a 4 star high school recruit and the other is was MVP in his juco conference) I think you have a really good team.

They have all the pieces to win the Big 12, and a head coach good enough to do it. They are adding A LOT of talent to 3 good juniors and a soph.

I don't know what you dont see in them.

soonersam- great stuff. I will dig into this when I have more time. A couple of quick comments: I think Kansas State will win the league. Their frontcourt is scary loaded with Kelly, Samuels, Sutton, Judge and Aspirilla. I think the loss of Clemente is being overemphasized. He was a great player. But Pullen, McGruder and Irving are all good players.

On Baylor's analysis, the coaching staff at Baylor is very, very high on Cory Jefferson. He will be in the rotation. He's 6'9" and up to 215lbs (from 185 when he arrived in Waco). He's actually not a finesse player despite the lack of bulk. He's wiry strong and likes to mix it up inside. Before the season last year, the teammates voted him "most athletic" and "best dunker" on the team. And that was a team that included Quincy Acy. So that gives you some idea on his upside.

On Quincy Acy, I am going to be making the case pre-season that his progress is tracking Kenyon Martin's development. I don't think there is a player of the year in Quincy's future, but I expect him to take a big leap forward in production as he becomes a go to guy on offense. Quincy's shot made remarkable progress as the season wore on this year as witnessed by his 73% FG % in conference and 78% free throw percentage in conference. If he works hard on his ball handling and his ability to consistently stick the 12-15 foot jumper, he could be contending for all conference honors.

I won't wear this board out like I did with Udoh pre-season last year, but I see lots of comparisons to K-Mart. The scary thing about Acy is that he entered Baylor as a 17-year old. So he is only 19 currently. As his body continues to mature and gain strength, he could be a force. Also, he's now 6'8" but has the length of a 6'10" guy. I think he has a pro future and I would have never said that about him his freshman year.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?kenyon-martin=1997-1998&p1=quincy-acy&p2=kenyon-martin

You won't have to watch him much. His minutes went way down last year as the year went on and KU is loaded more on the perimeter next year.
Reed has passed him.
Reed fits the bill as a role player acting like a star. Brady is worse though.

They have all the pieces to win the Big 12, and a head coach good enough to do it. They are adding A LOT of talent to 3 good juniors and a soph.
I don't know what you dont see in them.

Because you said all the same things last year and they got 5th.

Of course guys are going to increase their scoring from freshmen year where they hardly played to soph year.

Denmon is not a "really solid double figure scorer". I've told you time and time again he does nothing against good competition and you never address it. He scored 0 points in Mizzou's loss to West Virginia in the dance.
In the 8 games he played in the Big 12 against the teams that made the NCAA tourney (KU, KSU, Baylor, UT, A&M, OSU) he avg 6 points per game.
Bowers is an okay big man. English can't carry a team.

You talk about talent and they clearly have less than KU, Baylor and Texas and a coach that has never won the league like KU and Texas.
Mizzou will get no better than 4th. Mark it down.

bigabd- I agree with you that Missouri is a lot more dangerous than people are giving them credit for. Bowers and Safford are skilled guys and if that Ratliffe is as good as advertised, they are going to be salty because that backcourt will be very strong.

You are consistent in rating A&M low :). If Roland returns to form, A&M is going to be about like they were this year. Loubeau and Middleton will give them plenty of offense to replace Sloan and Davis.

I don't see OSU finishing top 4. I'll be shocked if that happens. I also don't see Baylor as top 3 this year. They lose too much leadership and tough-mindedness in Udoh, Lomers and Carter. Baylor's talent is up there in the top 5 of the league but there are only 3 guys I am confident going to war with- Walton, Dunn and Acy. I don't know if guys like Anthony Jones, Perry Jones and Nolan Dennis have the mental toughness to compete for a league title. We'll see. Plus Baylor has to play on the road at Manhattan and Columbia. Those are probably two losses there. I do think Baylor will beat Kansas in Waco. That will be a big Monday game and the Baylor players have already circled that one as they did Oklahoma last year. Kansas will get an inspired effort out of the Bears for that one.

Markel Brown (Louisiana POY) will be a high-impact newcomer. He's a really athletic guard that will force PT from Ford. He's pretty much the anti-Keiton.

Olukemi isn't eligible 'til semester. And I doubt Pilgrim and Moses will be able to play together.

No idea what to expect with the team. Seems the roster is beginning to get a bit taller and more athletic, however.

Olukemi is a JUCO transfer who has already been at OSU for a year. He should be eligible right away.

Udoh could be back cant he? I thought he didnt sign with an agent.

Back