'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

FWIW, Lusk, on ou insider, says if Porter was to leave that we would likely target Kellen to be the coach.

FWIW, Lusk, on ou insider, says if Porter was to leave that we would likely target Kellen to be the coach.
I tend not to think his opinion is worth much -- I appreciate his coverage and obvious passion for the team, but I have seen him project far too many of our current players as future NBA guys to think that he really knows what he is talking about. Although I guess it is possible he has an actual source.

I'll be the first to admit this could backfire, but man, I'd sure be on board with giving it a try.

I'm assuming Kellen would interview well and have a good plan and put some experienced coaches on his staff.

If he could recreate 85% of what his dad is doing, I think we'd all be pretty happy.

I'll be the first to admit this could backfire, but man, I'd sure be on board with giving it a try.

I'm assuming Kellen would interview well and have a good plan and put some experienced coaches on his staff.

If he could recreate 85% of what his dad is doing, I think we'd all be pretty happy.
This is where I’m at too. Most seem to be against him, and I can understand that too. But, you have to think he has been able to pick up on a lot of what makes his dad successful.

Plus, he will come in knowing what to expect and knowing how the arena and how our crowds are. So maybe he will be able to handle that better than an outside coach that might have different expectations.
I also think the fans would show up and give more support just because of the Sampson OU legacy, especially if he brings Hollis or Quannas too.

At least until they started showing they weren’t going to be able to put a winning team out there.

Drumm followed up by saying Kellen would take the job and that he wants it.

Drumm followed up by saying Kellen would take the job and that he wants it.
Rumors of Moser leaving and now that Kellen would be on our list and would take the job?!?

You couldn't knock this smile off my face with a sledgehammer. :)

Rumors of Moser leaving and now that Kellen would be on our list and would take the job?!?

You couldn't knock this smile off my face with a sledgehammer. :)
Peter Gabriel would be happy as well.

Hiring kellen is similar to osu hiring gottlueb asinine. Desperation. Would be the worst basketball coaching hire at ou in my 34 years on earth

If we are really going to hire Kellen Sampson, that’s the clearest sign that nobody gives a **** about the program. I doubt we would do that but it would be a major concern if it’s true.

If Kellen proves himself first at Houston, then I could see us pursuing him, not before. Currently, he should not at all be a candidate for the head coaching job at OU.

If OU football can hire guys with no HC’ing experience, OU basketball sure as heck can too.

I bet Arizona is happy they didn’t think they were too good to hire an assistant with no prior HC’ing experience.

Last edited:
Back