'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

You'd think if Boynton had settled for less or spread out, the pokes would be able to go ahead and announce a new coach if it is truly lined up.
Yeah, that makes more sense.

Still, there's a reason why they're waiting to make the Lutz hire official.

does lutz move the needle for Garrison? We will see…

Also what can osu offer in NIL? That’s probably the better question.

Probably not much after paying Boyntons buyout and hiring a new coach but I guess you never know

Seems like a step down for him. He’s made more NCAA tourneys in the last 3 years than osu has in the last decade.
He made a play-in 2 of 3 years and went 1-1 in them. Osu hiring a southland coach is awesome lol

Kelvin is 68, physically he looks to be in good shape but it was a rough year on and off the court, twin sister dying, former players Reggie Chaney and Ryan Minor passing away, but in his tv post game interview he seemed fired up for next season.
I don’t think coach in waiting works very well. It usually doesn’t work but The coach in waiting only works if the old guy retires. You can’t be a coach in waiting for a decade. If Kelvin is gonna stay 3+ more years, Kellen shouldn’t be turning down offers to be a head coach.

I mean, OU isn't offering much in NIL for anyone. Football or basketball. So if it comes to NIL, OU may lose to anyone.

I mean, OU isn't offering much in NIL for anyone. Football or basketball. So if it comes to NIL, OU may lose to anyone.

Some truth here but sounds like we have offered him the most of any player ever in terms of ou basketball. Gives me some hope.

Drake is going to replace Darian DeVries (West Virginia) with Ben McCollum (Northwest Missouri State - D2). McCollum has owned the D2 ranks. In the 15 years he's been the HC at NWMO, he's won 4 D2 national titles, has an 81% winning percentage, 12 regular season conference championships (MIAA) , 8 conference tournament championships, and bevy of other accolades.

He's from Iowa. It makes a lot of sense and will be interesting to watch.

--------------

Should get official news on Lutz to Oklahoma State and Enfield to SMU today...or tomorrow. Buyouts. April 1st.

Drake is going to replace Darian DeVries (West Virginia) with Ben McCollum (Northwest Missouri State - D2). McCollum has owned the D2 ranks. In the 15 years he's been the HC at NWMO, he's won 4 D2 national titles, has an 81% winning percentage, 12 regular season conference championships (MIAA) , 8 conference tournament championships, and bevy of other accolades.

He's from Iowa. It makes a lot of sense and will be interesting to watch.

--------------

Should get official news on Lutz to Oklahoma State and Enfield to SMU today...or tomorrow. Buyouts. April 1st.
Crazy. I was thinking his name was familiar. McCollum grew up in Storm Lake, Iowa. I was playing baseball at Buena Vista in Storm Lake while he was playing high school ball.

Back