'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

he angered lots when he interviewed for the texas job
Looking back, I'm surprised he didn't take the NC State job the year before. Minor was leaving, and we didn't exactly set the world on fire in '96 (17-13).
But, yes, interviewing for the UT job hacked off a BUNCH of the bigwigs. He was on thin ice there for a while.

You think it’s a coincidence that the Sampsons were just in town and Porter immediately makes a deal with DePaul? 😉
I mean, is it Quannas White then? Kellan is taking over for his dad once he retires.

I mean, is it Quannas White then? Kellan is taking over for his dad once he retires.
If any school wanted to offer Kellen a job, the “head coach in waiting” thing wouldn’t stop them. There is no way he would stay there for several more years if a decent job came open. I certainly hope we aren’t the ones to offer.

i think it’s more about location and depaul willing to spend more than us in NIL. look at rutgers basketball. depaul would be closer to buying two top 5 players than OU, imo.

and kelvin flirted after the season was over, correct? this is what irks me about moser and the egg we laid in orlando that coincided with the first round of rumors. and now with a huge game against cincy.

You think it’s a coincidence that the Sampsons were just in town and Porter immediately makes a deal with DePaul? 😉
idk about anyone from houston. but there is definitely smoke with this news and his reporting uzan going portal.

Switching things up, there's a rumor that Billy Gillispie isn't done at Tarleton and will give it one more go. I have no idea what his issue is/was. Just assumed he'd be done. Maybe it was a secret ordeal with alcohol again. No idea.

----

IMG_1066.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish toby would have the sac to ask pm on his show in the morning about it.

I wish toby would have the sac to ask pm on his show in the morning about it.
I love Toby, but when it comes to OU stuff he’s state media. It’s understandably not going to come up.

If coaches and players are already looking to leave not much to look forward to going to the game tomorrow other than $2 beers.

This team can still accomplish some good things. Make a run in the big12 and/or ncaa.

Reading through the Discord, and here are posts from others fwiw:
  • Salary is expected to be very close to what he's making at Oklahoma, would only be a paycut due to cost of living.
  • DePaul's NIL budget for basketball is more than OU's. There's been a recent influx of cash into the program.
Trilly also mentions Kellen and Buzz Williams as the top two options for Oklahoma, but I highly doubt that's true, especially Buzz. He is the definition of not a "cultural fit" lol.

• Salary is expected to be very close to what he's making at Oklahoma, would only be a paycut due to cost of living.
  • DePaul's NIL budget for basketball is more than OU's. There's been a recent influx of cash into the program.
Trilly also mentions Kellen and Buzz Williams as the top two options for Oklahoma, but I highly doubt that's true, especially Buzz. He is the definition of not a "cultural fit" lol.
Where is this Discord?

Buzz was a student manager at OCU in the 90's and is originally from Van Alstyne, Texas, between Sherman and McKinney. He knows Oklahoma and north Texas well.

The issue there is that he's currently 15-13 at A&M and has made one tournament in five years. Joe C. would have a hard time selling him to donors and the fan base. OU would be Buzz's soft landing spot, just as DePaul is for Porter.

Something Joe C. might like, though: Buzz doesn't have an agent. He negotiates his own contracts.

Where is this Discord?
$6/month for Trilly's Discord:

Back