Fill in the blanks...

SoonerNorm

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am picking ____________ to win the conference this year.

I am picking OU to finish in ______ place.

I am picking Baylor to win the big 12 (really wish Sherri will prove me wrong)

I am picking OU to finish a clear 2nd.

Baylor.
2nd.

We have beaten Baylor and can do it again this year. However, what separates Baylor is that they do not lose to clearly lesser teams (Kansas, Iowa St). I think we're a year away from making the jump to that elite level.

I'm picking Texas to win conference this year.
I'm picking OU tied at 3rd with West Va...

I'm picking a dead heat with Baylor. If Vivi or EJ comes though, we will win. If not, Baylor will win. Texas, once again, will have excuses.

I'm picking Texas to win conference this year.
I'm picking OU tied at 3rd with West Va...

Mac, you and I are both giving Texas more credit than others are. I am still giving Baylor a slight nod over the Horns only because some of Texas best players are young. However, if Texas wins the conference I won't be surprised.

I'm picking OU 3rd but hope they somehow can finish higher than that.

Mac, you and I are both giving Texas more credit than others are. I am still giving Baylor a slight nod over the Horns only because some of Texas best players are young. However, if Texas wins the conference I won't be surprised.

I'm picking OU 3rd but hope they somehow can finish higher than that.

It is hard for me to pick Texas over Baylor only because the last 10 years Texas has not been good. I realize that is changing but am waiting to see them take that next step and I don't even mean beat Baylor but finish in the top 10. With that said, Norm, I agree if they win, it won't be a surprise. I do think that Texas has some seniors that should be good leaders.

I pick OU all alone in third place.

There are always so many unknowns each year about some teams. Believe Oklahoma is one of those this year. They could be really, really good or just better than last year.

It is hard for me to pick Texas over Baylor only because the last 10 years Texas has not been good. I realize that is changing but am waiting to see them take that next step and I don't even mean beat Baylor but finish in the top 10. With that said, Norm, I agree if they win, it won't be a surprise. I do think that Texas has some seniors that should be good leaders.

I pick OU all alone in third place.

There are always so many unknowns each year about some teams. Believe Oklahoma is one of those this year. They could be really, really good or just better than last year.

Yes, I think OU will be better offensively. We were good last year and I expect us to be near the top of the conference stats in offense again this year. Defense and rebounding must improve and hopefully they will with more experience coming back.

Yes, I think OU will be better offensively. We were good last year and I expect us to be near the top of the conference stats in offense again this year. Defense and rebounding must improve and hopefully they will with more experience coming back.

I think they will be better in all areas just no clue how much better. And it would be great if we could be injury free. Posting more here lately is really getting me excited to see them play and actually see the development. Especially looking forward to seeing Vivi, Penzo and EJ, because the last two I haven't seen play and just really curious if Vivi has slimmed down, is quicker and how much she's learned. I thought she picked up on things pretty fast last year for so little previous basketball experience.

1. Baylor
2. Texas
3. OU
Then a major drop off with everybody else. Kansas, Tech at the bottom. W. Virginia has 8 new freshman so that's asking a lot.

1. Baylor
2. Texas
3. OU
Then a major drop off with everybody else. Kansas, Tech at the bottom. W. Virginia has 8 new freshman so that's asking a lot.

Shes coming off a few knee injuries, I think Arielle Roberson will make a big impact for Mountaineers... Holmes could be a top 5 WNBA draft pick.

Bria Holmes shot 39.9% from the field, 24.1% from three with four rebounds and over 3 turnovers per game. She reminds me of the Tubbs quote. This year, we ran and shot. Next year, we'll run and score. If any team drafts Bria at all, it will mean they don't mind someone who just throws up a lot of shots. They tend to want you to hit some of them. She was not even among the top four players of WV that concerned me.

I find it very interesting that OU finished five games ahead of Texas last year---5! 13-5 vs 9-9. OU has almost everyone back. Texas lost its best player. Yet, you think Texas will beat OU.

On what grounds?

I keep seeing that Baylor has the best point guard in the Big Twelve, transferring in from Duke.

Who remembers why Duke may actually be better at guard this coming year?

Well I guess I will go out on a limb.

1. Oklahoma
2. Baylor
3. Texas

I truly believe this is the year the girls come together and the sophomore jinx is passed.

Bria Holmes shot 39.9% from the field, 24.1% from three with four rebounds and over 3 turnovers per game. She reminds me of the Tubbs quote. This year, we ran and shot. Next year, we'll run and score. If any team drafts Bria at all, it will mean they don't mind someone who just throws up a lot of shots. They tend to want you to hit some of them. She was not even among the top four players of WV that concerned me.

I find it very interesting that OU finished five games ahead of Texas last year---5! 13-5 vs 9-9. OU has almost everyone back. Texas lost its best player. Yet, you think Texas will beat OU.

On what grounds?

Yes I'm going off the players Texas will be returning as well as the 2 MacDonald's All American guards they have coming in. Texas was off to a hot start last year until they had there share of injures, Baylor and Texas both have a lot more size then OU, I think that will come in to play this year.

Yes I'm going off the players Texas will be returning as well as the 2 MacDonald's All American guards they have coming in. Texas was off to a hot start last year until they had there share of injures, Baylor and Texas both have a lot more size then OU, I think that will come in to play this year.
So. Texas is going to replace all-american guards with all-american guards, except that these will finally be the all-american guards that will play like all-americans? I guess that now Texas will have six all-american guards to try to elevate their level of play.

They upset a rebuilding team on the road, and a rather uncertain team at home in Austin. Other than that, what did Texas do? They finished in a four-way tie for third----four games behind a team that has everyone coming back except Sharane, and I think we will replace Sharane nicely.

This Texas fascination that you and Norm have is interesting. Even now, we have yet another post about a Texas recruit.

Back