Future of Moser

I think we were prepared yes.
Being prepared and executing are 2 different things.
Being prepared and the ball going in the hoop are 2 different things
The ball rarely goes in the hoop when you are throwing it to the other team and/or not generating open shots.

That simply just is not true or reasonable. IF this were the case, anytime a team loses, it would because they weren't prepared. That is just a bad take
It's not a bad take. Execution is directly related to coaching and preparation. Even teams with little talent can execute if they're well-coached.

That simply just is not true or reasonable. IF this were the case, anytime a team loses, it would because they weren't prepared. That is just a bad take
How do you jump from "execution is based on preparation" to "anytime a team loses, it would because they weren't prepared?" You can execute perfectly and still lose. Sometimes other teams are just better. And sometimes you can execute terribly and still win (see Bedlam) because the other team is a lot worse than you are.

TOs are a big issue but it isn't as bad as you guys think.
Just for perspective, we average 11.8 TOPG which is 4th most in the conference. That is 1.5 more TOPG than the 2nd best in the conference (houston is just way better on TO than the rest of the league).
So our TOs aren't near as bad as some make it out to be.

If you look at only conference stats, only 4 teams are better than us in taking care of the ball. We are at 11.1 TOPG, Kansas is 11.0
Some on the board love to drool over self and how he holds his players accountable....

Overall TOPG:
This year: 11.8
2023: 12.9
2022: 14.7

2021: 10.9
2020: 11.1
2019: 11.8
2018: 13.3
2017: 13.8
2016: 13.1
2015: 12.0
2014: 11.5
2013: 11.8
2012: 12.8

PM AVG: 13.1
LK AVG: 12.2

I'm sure pace plays into this but I don't think it is as big of a problem as some make it out to be...especially considering TOs have gone down in conference to the point that we are in the top third of the conference

How do you jump from "execution is based on preparation" to "anytime a team loses, it would because they weren't prepared?" You can execute perfectly and still lose. Sometimes other teams are just better. And sometimes you can execute terribly and still win (see Bedlam) because the other team is a lot worse than you are.
Once again, you didn't even watch the game but said we failed to execute and hence we were not prepared to play.
Sometimes you can be fully prepared to play and you still either don't play well or the other team played better.

Once again, you didn't even watch the game but said we failed to execute and hence we were not prepared to play.
Sometimes you can be fully prepared to play and you still either don't play well or the other team played better.
Why do you keep harping on me not "watching" the game. I listened to the OU broadcast from the opening tip to final whistle. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what's going on in a basketball game by listening to the play-by-play. especially someone who has watched, played, and listened to as much basketball as I have. You're just trying to muddy the waters because, as usual, you're wrong.

TOs are a big issue but it isn't as bad as you guys think.
Just for perspective, we average 11.8 TOPG which is 4th most in the conference. That is 1.5 more TOPG than the 2nd best in the conference (houston is just way better on TO than the rest of the league).
So our TOs aren't near as bad as some make it out to be.

If you look at only conference stats, only 4 teams are better than us in taking care of the ball. We are at 11.1 TOPG, Kansas is 11.0
Some on the board love to drool over self and how he holds his players accountable....

Overall TOPG:
This year: 11.8
2023: 12.9
2022: 14.7

2021: 10.9
2020: 11.1
2019: 11.8
2018: 13.3
2017: 13.8
2016: 13.1
2015: 12.0
2014: 11.5
2013: 11.8
2012: 12.8

PM AVG: 13.1
LK AVG: 12.2

I'm sure pace plays into this but I don't think it is as big of a problem as some make it out to be...especially considering TOs have gone down in conference to the point that we are in the top third of the conference

I meant in the games we’ve lost.

Unc UCF KU close games. Way too many

Why do you keep harping on me not "watching" the game. I listened to the OU broadcast from the opening tip to final whistle. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what's going on in a basketball game by listening to the play-by-play. especially someone who has watched, played, and listened to as much basketball as I have. You're just trying to muddy the waters because, as usual, you're wrong.
if you don't think OU was executing on Defense I don't know what to tell you

This is an awful take. At one point we had 11-12 stops in a row. That’s about as good as it gets for preparedness.

Just say you didn’t watch!

This is an awful take. At one point we had 11-12 stops in a row. That’s about as good as it gets for preparedness.

Just say you didn’t watch!
Yes and we barely had a lead or were behind because we were so terrible on the other end. What does that say about our preparation?

Sorry guys, new message board rule. You can only comment on the game if you watched it on TV. Listening to the broadcast doesn't count. Eventually there might be a rule that you have to attend the game in person to comment.

I meant in the games we’ve lost.

Unc UCF KU close games. Way too many
You said it’s 70/30 that Moser is gone. If you feel this way, then he is gone. Any replacement names being tossed around?

Sorry guys, new message board rule. You can only comment on the game if you watched it on TV. Listening to the broadcast doesn't count. Eventually there might be a rule that you have to attend the game in person to comment.
Nobody is saying that. But listening to a game is way different than seeing it for yourself.
I would have a hard time honestly passing judgement on the team and how prepared they were if I was not watching it.
The main point is that it is possible to play poorly and being well prepared.

Addendum -- you CAN comment based on the radio broadcast if the purpose in doing so is to cite the clearly unbiased opinion of the OU crew that the refs are awful.

Nobody is saying that. But listening to a game is way different than seeing it for yourself.
I would have a hard time honestly passing judgement on the team and how prepared they were if I was not watching it.
The main point is that it is possible to play poorly and being well prepared.
Of course it is possible. But that is not what happened Saturday.

Addendum -- you CAN comment based on the radio broadcast if the purpose in doing so is to cite the clearly unbiased opinion of the OU crew that the refs are awful.
I’m glad we’re all on the same page that the refs were shitty now.

Of course it is possible. But that is not what happened Saturday.
Based on what exactly? How do you know if we played bad offensively or if we just weren't prepared?
Because I think we can all agree we played well defensively and were prepared defensively

Back