***** Official Jordan Brand All American Game Thread *****

Sam

Reaction score
On ESPN 2 starting at 7.

Keith "Tiny" Gallon
The most intimidating player in the class of 2009, Keith “Tiny” Gallon is a force to be reckoned with on the court. At 300 pounds, his size is deceiving as he has great footwork and speed on the court. Gallon has a nice shooting touch and can do damage against any team from beyond the arc. His rebounding is one of his strengths due to his size, and he does a great job on the defensive side of the ball in the lane. Next season he will join fellow All-American Tommy Mason-Griffin and the Sooners of Oklahoma.

Tommy Mason-Griffin
One of the top point guards in the class of 2009, Tommy Mason-Griffin is a competitive and physically gifted athlete. His strong build compensates for his lack of height, as he is able to power through bigger guards on both sides of the ball. Mason-Griffin has the unique ability to control a game with either his scoring, passing or court leadership. He will join one of the top recruiting classes of 2009 when he joins the University of Oklahoma next fall.

Been looking forward to this all day. Can't wait to see how Tiny and TMG do, but I'm also curious to see how Wall plays amongst the other stars. His high school film is just ridiculous.

I love how now when they list top former players of the game Blake Griffin is mentioned right along with Lebron, Durant and Amare Stoudemire.

Our future Sooners are a combined 0-4 from deep.
Tommy has shown some nice passes though.

coach capel will help tiny fall out of love with the 3.

Tommy Mason-Griffin just made Wally Judge look good again.

Tommy hits a nice pull up 3 and continues to show off nice court vision with his passes.

Tiny shows some unselfishness on the break late in the first half and threw down his one handed slam.
From what've seen
Tiny's line - 2 points, 0-2 from three, 1 rebound, 1 assist
TMG's line - 3 points, 1-2 from 3, 2-3 assists not totally sure on the total

TMG seems like he's going to be able to get into the lane whenever he wants. Plus, once he gets in there he has great vision finding the open man. He will create some easy buckets for our bigs next year. Good times.

Was that it??? Neither of our guys scored more than one basket??

Capelfan52 if you have ESPNU you can watch the game at 11p.m. tonight. They will show the replay of the game. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I was at the game... I couldn't find the box score online but TMG had about 7 points and a few assists. Tiny had about 6-8 points and a handful of rebounds.

TMG has a couple nice moves with the ball and played well in transition. On back to back possessions, TMG had a layup and a nice little fade-away jumper from about 10 feet out. Being the smallest guys on the court made his height a liability on defense but it's hard to really gauge in an all-star game.

Tiny played much better in the McDAA game. You can tell that Tiny is used to being the center of an offense, which didn't necessarily translate well to this game. He was often the last player to get back on D, and seemed to be cherry picking for easy buckets. He didn't always hussle and took a few possessions off, which made him look lazy. He also forced a few shots in the paint and jacked up a few ill-advised 3's.

I'm really excited to get these guys on campus and working out with the team.

Nice analysis, NYC. This was not the kind of game where team-oriented players like TMG and Tiny get much of a chance to showcase their talents. All-star games are usually dominated by tall, quick, athletic wings and freakish guards like John Wall. The Jordan Brand Classic was no different.

Tiny and TMG had their moments, but on the whole did not have a great game. I'm not worried though, I know what both can do. I'm hoping they will spend the summer in Norman, focus on getting in top shape and working on the few weaknesses in their game that will not translate well to the college level. The announcers were right about Tiny. Jeff Capel will not allow him to play from foul line to foul line and set up to take shots from behind the arc on too many possessions. He looked much better in the second half. Guess the benching after only three or four minutes in the opening stanza got his attention. lol

I'm excited about next year's team. Can't wait for the season to begin!

TMG looked like a tank out there. Does anybody know what weight he played at?

Comparing the Jordan to the McDonald's game it appears these teams got no coaching. There was no half court offenses by either teams, no spreading the floor, no pre-set screens, no switching on defense.

Were there better coaches at the McDonald's game?

TMG looked like a tank out there. Does anybody know what weight he played at?

The announcers said he told them he was 5' 10" and I believe they said 210. I know it was 200 plus. He's solidly built for a high school kid, which should serve him well in college, especially if he spends the summer in OU's conditioning program and adds more muscle to the weight he's carrying.

Back