Official Practice Starts Today

Fair question wichita. Easier to discuss than type. But the kids play hard, play with a competitive spirit, defend well and kids do a pretty good job on offense staying within their talents. Moser is not my favorite ou coach and does some things differently than i like. But in the end i think they play close to their talent level. I completely agree with anyone that says our we haven’t recruited enough talent to this point. I am just sure that is all on moser. New era with portal and nil and I think older coaches need some time to adjust to kids, recruiting etc. and when you hire a coach “up” a level in competition there will be and adjustment for him as well.

I don’t know if moser will work out. But considering the time of the year he was hired, lack of any nil, the state of the program in the few years before his arrival and the inherent issues historically ( bad gym, low attendance etc) i just think its fair to say he has hone fairly well. And I think he is a good guy and is trying hard.

Ill agree. Retention is the key to success. Have to find a way

Anyone know when the Marquette & K-State scrimmages are supposed to take place? I’ve asked in the team threads on Trilly’s discord but they don’t seem to know yet either.

Fair question wichita. Easier to discuss than type. But the kids play hard, play with a competitive spirit, defend well and kids do a pretty good job on offense staying within their talents. Moser is not my favorite ou coach and does some things differently than i like. But in the end i think they play close to their talent level. I completely agree with anyone that says our we haven’t recruited enough talent to this point. I am just sure that is all on moser. New era with portal and nil and I think older coaches need some time to adjust to kids, recruiting etc. and when you hire a coach “up” a level in competition there will be and adjustment for him as well.

I don’t know if moser will work out. But considering the time of the year he was hired, lack of any nil, the state of the program in the few years before his arrival and the inherent issues historically ( bad gym, low attendance etc) i just think its fair to say he has hone fairly well. And I think he is a good guy and is trying hard.
I agree with your last sentence… unfortunately working hard and being a good guy doesn’t always equal success that you need.

Anyone have access to this? Also curious about some notes Bob P posted last week he said talking top 7? Anyone have either of those? I need to renew my scoop subscription.

Basically, Bob says 2/3 of Elvis, Miles, Fears start, and 1/2 of Jones & Goodine, plus Moore and Godwin as the other two.

Not sure about what Brody posted.

Anyone have access to this? Also curious about some notes Bob P posted last week he said talking top 7? Anyone have either of those? I need to renew my scoop subscription.

For Lusk, he basically said the top 9 is solidified. Jones is one of the best players on the team, but not sure if he starts or will be used as a spark off the bench. But will play top 5 minutes.

Taylor could be a starter. Has stood out defensively.

Goodine might have a smaller role than Lusk originally anticipated.

For Lusk, he basically said the top 9 is solidified. Jones is one of the best players on the team, but not sure if he starts or will be used as a spark off the bench. But will play top 5 minutes.

I’ve wondered about Taylor, & believe he was under-utilized at St John’s. Some of their fanbase feels the same.

Who are the top 9?

Yeah my bad. These are the 9 he listed
Thanks. No surprise not to see Forsythe listed, and also notable that Luke isn't named. Add in no Cole, and Atak likely redshirting, and that's essentially no contribution from the past three freshmen classes, other than Fears.

You can't play this many, but I didn't see much difference between Taylor, Cole and Dayton and the kids listed as the 9. Taylor is similar to Soares, and is strong and tall enough to play inside in a pinch at the 4. Cole is similar to J Hill. Not sure he is as skilled yet, but is probably a better athlete. Didn't see him shoot, so I don't know whether he has that skill. As for Dayton, and admittedly this was a small sample size, but he looked really good in the scrimmage I watched. He and Jones can really light it up from deep (at least they did when I watched). As I said in another thread, I really don't know who I would start and what my rotations would be.

does this team look better than the team last year did at this point, if you can recall?

If you ask me, I don’t really have an opinion yet. Based on what i saw I would be shocked if we didn’t shoot the ball better. Overall I don’t know. I need to see more. May be a little deeper.

Jmo but moore is a very good player. Fear is or least is going to be an elite player. My hunch is miles is a lot better than we thought and will be a key player. Otherwise i liked them all the same. But i am not an expert or coach and surely porter has or will be able to stack them at some point.

Back