OSU All-College Opponent Announced

thebigabd

Reaction score
OSU vs. LaSalle in the All-College this year.

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State will face La Salle in the All-College Basketball Classic on Dec. 21 in Oklahoma City.

The Explorers finished 18-13 last season and return their top seven scorers, including senior guard Rodney Green, who averaged 17.6 points and 4.9 rebounds per game last year.

OSU coach Travis Ford played La Salle five times while coaching at UMass, beating the Explorers three times.

The game at the Ford Center will tip off about 7:30 p.m. as part of a doubleheader televised by ESPN2.

According to the El Paso Times, Oklahoma will play Texas-El Paso in the other game.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ectid=93&articleid=20090824_93_0_STILLW106963

So much for the all-college drawing a good opponent for either osu or ou. Second year in a row the all-college matchups are a joke.

I would much rather play UTEP than LaSalle. What's the deal hohum? You guys have the so called "premier game" this year....

Beats me, scheduling is one of those things that I have no clue how it works.

LaSalle, looking at them, actually might be pretty good. They were 2 points away from the Dance, and return most everyone. Still have LaSalle on their jersey though.

It's no Pitt or Gonzaga or Tennessee for sure.

2 disappointing years in a row for the classic.

Here's another thought if OSU and OU keep scheduling mid-majors for this thing like they have the last 2 years, will ESPN quit airing it?

Here's another thought if OSU and OU keep scheduling mid-majors for this thing like they have the last 2 years, will ESPN quit airing it?

I really don't think that OU is going to keep scheduling smaller teams. Last year the Sooners were forced into playing VCU due to Capel's contract. This year was supposed to be OSU's premier game because the Cowboys and Sooners switched last year due to Rhode Island being such a snooze fest and OU having the best player in the game.

I fully expect the Sooners to have a good team coming in next year. We are playing Gonzaga in spokane to finish up our neutral and neutral with them. I bet we start another serious with a good team.

I really don't think that OU is going to keep scheduling smaller teams. Last year the Sooners were forced into playing VCU due to Capel's contract. This year was supposed to be OSU's premier game because the Cowboys and Sooners switched last year due to Rhode Island being such a snooze fest and OU having the best player in the game.

I fully expect the Sooners to have a good team coming in next year. We are playing Gonzaga in spokane to finish up our neutral and neutral with them. I bet we start another serious with a good team.

The "Premier" game switches every year regardless. It's too bad there isn't really one this year. I think both schools could have done better. Hopefully next year Ford won't go back to the A-10 to give a friend some time on ESPN.

The "Premier" game switches every year regardless. It's too bad there isn't really one this year. I think both schools could have done better. Hopefully next year Ford won't go back to the A-10 to give a friend some time on ESPN.

I realize that they switch. This year was supposed to be your year....last year was going to be your year but you scheduled freakin Rhode Island. The year before that OU played Gonzaga in the premier game.

You let me down, dig.

I realize that they switch. This year was supposed to be your year....last year was going to be your year but you scheduled freakin Rhode Island. The year before that OU played Gonzaga in the premier game.

You let me down, dig.

And previously we've played Gonzaga, Pitt and Tennessee. Ford seems to want to give friends from the A-10 some face time. Hopefully that won't continue unless is someone like Xavier.

Didn't realize about the switch last year. Not that it really matters.

Was already making plans to drive up for the weekend...nevermind.

This is almost as bad as the Alaskan Shootout.

I thought I read that when ESPN started televising it, they agreed to help get good opponents to play against OU & OSU.

Back