***OU-Colorado Game Thread***

burks want behind the line, he should have only had 2 shots there

Blair hits 2 more free throws. 67-60 27 seconds left. Pledger could have had a fast break, CU doesn't foul, game. OU WINS!

Best win of the year by far. When CU tied it at 52 I was scared this was turning into a game like OSU had against CU where OU would wear down. Especially since OU only played 6 guys today. Good win for OU.

Winning just feeeeeeeeeeels good! :woot

This was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, the game was too early in the day for me to get on the car radio (1520AM).

The only real downer for me is the realization that CU should have ended its rivalry with OU without EVER winning a game at the LNC. Their lone win came in my senior year ('79-80), in which we blew a six-point lead in the final 1:30 to lose by a point. Earlier that season, Aaron Curry hit a bomb to give OU an apparent one-point win in Boulder, but it was ruled too late (and I'm still not that convinced that it was).

At least CU is long removed from the days when they had a jerk for a coach (Patton) and jerks for players (most of their team in '88 tried to pick a fight after getting pounded in the Big 8 first round, because our guys tried to keep a 100-point scoring streak alive).

Back