>>>>>>>OU-Kansas State Game Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Kansas State Game Thread<<<<<<<

I think it's weak to run a guy for emotion within a game thread, but that's just me. Frankly, it's why I stay out of them.

You can have my "job" anytime you want it. ;)

No thanks. I've already tried that. It doesn't pay well.

As in, no pay at all, right?

Seriously, it's not easy to make the right call 100% of the time. But when a poster gets totally out of control, game thread or not it's time to give him a cooling off period. He'll be back in 10 days...that is, if he wants to come back. The ban wasn't permanent.

As in, no pay at all, right?

Seriously, it's not easy to make the right call 100% of the time. But when a poster gets totally out of control, game thread or not it's time to give him a cooling off period. He'll be back in 10 days...that is, if he wants to come back. The ban wasn't permanent.

It's none of my business. He should probably stay off the board when he's hitting the bottle.

Win out and all is forgiven for the few horrendous losses we have accumulated

Win out and all is forgiven for the few horrendous losses we have accumulated

I have a hard time seeing us win at ISU (not impossible) but I like our chances in the rest. There are some other tough games in there and there is never a gimme. About the time you think there is a gimme you lose it.

Come on WT quit trying to justify that officiating today, if that's what you can call it. I'm not for just blaming refs for losses either, and you expect it to go a little towards the home teams side most of the time, but tonight was ridiculous. There's no way there should be that big of a free throw disparity, but besides that, those calls on Spangler were just flat awful and no excuse for that. So that takes away a huge part of the team for about half of the game right there. And then to blow a shot clock violation, plus he completely traveled, which ends up maybe being the difference in the game. Now we didn't play very good at all, but there's no justifying the refs tonight. If they do their jobs halfway decent tonight we win that game still.

I have a hard time seeing us win at ISU (not impossible) but I like our chances in the rest. There are some other tough games in there and there is never a gimme. About the time you think there is a gimme you lose it.

They seem to win when we doubt and lose when we think we have it. So who knows with the ISU game. "im not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious" -Mike Scott.

I'll just go into every game doubting a win and we end up as national champs right? Logic.

Now we didn't play very good at all, but there's no justifying the refs tonight. If they do their jobs halfway decent tonight we win that game still.

We didn't play very well, it's true, but neither did KSU. That's where the officials stepped in. And like it or not, when the officials are inexplicably leaning on one team, it will usually impacts how that team plays. When one team is drawing more than its share of whistles (and when that disparity feels as if it's not founded in how the game is actually playing out, but instead seems arbitrary), they will feel inhibited, as if they don't dare play with their usual abandon.

And when the other team is getting the benefit of the calls, they start to feel that it's their night. They get some (arguably undeserved) swagger to their game, even if they're not playing all that well. And KSU, which scored just 31 points from the field -- and three of those shouldn't have counted, certainly was not playing that well.

As I posted elsewhere, you don't see this in other sports. Officials certainly blow specific calls now and then in football and baseball, but giving a game-long boost to one team over the other? You don't really see it.

And in my limited experience watching the NBA, you don't see it that often there, either.

We are also OVERLY aggressive on D. Which is fine, that is kind of our MO. But it lends itself to foul calls. KSU didn't try to swat everything 5 rows up when we had the ball inside. Of course, they didn't have to. They have more size and spring inside. I like Spangler and Thomas, but one is 6'6 and the other plays below the rim. You don't have to jump out of the gym to limit those guys inside.

Which one of those two are 6'6. If it is Spangler I am even more impressed with what he produces during the game. He must be a great first and second jumper.

Yes the refs were terrible

You just have to bring it on the road, nothing will ever be given to you unless you're KANSAS.

Which one of those two are 6'6. If it is Spangler I am even more impressed with what he produces during the game. He must be a great first and second jumper.

Doubt Spangler is more than 6'6, maybe 6'6.5.

He plays his heart out, and plays smart, but you have to admit, he is at a disadvantage when going against other good players that have size/length on him. One of the reasons he is so inconsistent game to game, especially on offense.

This is what I know about how tall the players really are. I asked Yo Yo one day, "how tall are you?". He said, "I am 6'8".

Thomas is not as tall as Yo Yo. Spangler is not as tall as Thomas. Spangler is taller than Cam. Buford is taller than Cam and about the same as Spangler. Lattin is taller than Thomas and Jumuni is taller than Lattin.

I had a friendly relationship with Yo Yo and I felt he was giving me candid answers on any topic we might be discussing. I ask him how tall he was so that I could come to my own conclusions.

He plays his heart out, and plays smart, but you have to admit, he is at a disadvantage when going against other good players that have size/length on him. One of the reasons he is so inconsistent game to game, especially on offense.

Thomas has that same issue - both guys lack the power or athleticism to counteract length so when we go up against legit size it really negates a lot of what these 2 guys want to do.

Thanks I wasn't questioning I am just impressed with his basketball sense. He is a good jumper and maybe he has good length too.

I didn't think he was only 6'6 though. I have never seen him up close.

Back