>>>>>>>OU-Kansas State Game Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-Kansas State Game Thread<<<<<<<

It wasn't. It got the rim. You are ****ing blind.
Go take the rest of the night off away you from the board if you're going to spend your time cussing out other sooner fans. Pretty lame

The half court offense we have isn't that consistent. When we have guys that are hot it's pretty good but when we don't we have nobody that can really take over outside of Buddy and sometimes Spangler(who didn't play the 2nd half)

Who cares about K-State?

They still suck and will suck after this game.

They can't win unless they get a huge free throw advantage.

They really don't respond well to being the hunted. They are much better when they are the hunters and are driven.

We just can't get over the hump.
Kansas State is a bad basketball team. There are no two ways about it. They're not good.
But every time this team does something good and you think they're going to get some positive attention, they lose to a bad team and throw away any of the goodwill they've earned.

They really don't respond well to being the hunted. They are much better when they are the hunters and are driven.

When the game is really tight we go into the one dimensional one on one street ball type mentality and it sucks eggnog. It is not efficient and it's not how a team should play, ever.

We've got some real yahoos populating this board. If I had a vote MI Sooner would be on the next train to Saskatoon. But that's just me. I'm just a simple postal worker.

And I didn't think the second one was a shot-clock violation.

In closing, get a board on the defensive end!

Who cares about K-State?

They still suck and will suck after this game.

They can't win unless they get a huge free throw advantage.
KSU has some talented guys. They were the biggest game I was worried about in this stretch. They have other issues going on that have effected their record.

Kansas State is a bad basketball team. There are no two ways about it. They're not good.
But every time this team does something good and you think they're going to get some positive attention, they lose to a bad team and throw away any of the goodwill they've earned.

If they make the tournament it will be primarily because of us.

Based on how it was officiated we would have been much better off in the zone tonight IF we could have rebounded in it but we didn't execute there either.

We've got some real yahoos populating this board. If I had a vote MI Sooner would be on the next train to Saskatoon. But that's just me. I'm just a simple postal worker.

The problem is that Bennett is soft. He's the reason we had to go to zone late, and he has no idea how to position himself or block out for a rebound. On Woodard's missed layup, Bennett was in perfect position for an offensive rebound and didn't even bother to try for it.

In Bennett's defense, he's not supposed to be put in a position like that. And unfortunately the refs decided to take Spangler away for us.

Yep that was a big issue. Although fouls forced us to go with a zone which meant it was more difficult to rebound. Still not much of an excuse.

They can't handle the prosperity evidently. That's why I think, as good as we can be, we won't make Sweet 16. We'll be playing someone that is supposed to lose and we should win and that team will know they can win based on so many examples we have in the last few years to lose a heavily favored game.

The problem is that Bennett is soft. He's the reason we had to go to zone late, and he has no idea how to position himself of block out for a rebound. On Woodard's missed layup, Bennett was in perfect position for an offensive rebound and didn't even bother to try for it.
We got called for a foul everytime they went inside, no matter who was defending. That's why we went to a zone. And it worked. They didn't score till that 3 the last 5 minutes or something like that.

Which is why when they get a single digit seed, it doesn't work. Man we have some horrendous losses this year. I can put this on the refs all I want with the free throw disparity but at some point you need to run an effective offense and make shots. Just when I bought in on consistency they throw throw game away. Damn

If they make the tournament it will be primarily because of us.

They won't sniff the tournament. They already have 13 losses and still play Baylor, Kansas, ISU, and Texas. They'll finish at least 2 games below .500 for the season and won't be a part of any postseason.

It hit the rim after it was tipped after the initial shot.

Do you have bipolar disorder or something? One day OU is the best team in the Big 12 by far and will be favored by 10 in every game, and the next minute we are the worst team in the world, and a MASSIVE free throw disparity and fouling out one of our top 3 players after 12 minutes of playing time doesn't have any impact on the game because OU sucks.

Does that make it a shot clock violation if it was tipped? Never heard of that rule.

In MI Sooner's defense it is frustrating when we lose every single time right when we think we could be turning the corner.

Sure the refs had a few crappy calls but we played like a heaping pile of dung which is what it takes to lose to a below average team like KSU.

Anybody want to tell me why Kruger let them foul us after Foster's three? We had two timeouts left AFTER we called one after Foster's make. Get the ball in, near halfcourt, and call another. Had we done that, we're in bounding the ball around halfcourt, with 1.5 or so seconds. Get the ball in bound, one dribble, and we should have a decent look at a three. Terrible oversight there IMO.

People acting shocked about this teams deficiencies. Our guard play isn't that deep and we have to basically rely on Cousins and Hield scoring every game. Woodard played good today but he's not going to be the scorer those 2 guys are. If Cousins and Hield are off our offense is horrible. We haven't had a bench scoring option for the most part this year. We are a team in desperate need of some guard scorers. That's really what we lack going in. Thomas hasn't been quite enough to make up for it. Now if Buddy and Cousins are on we can go deep in the NCAA Tournament.

I really want to stab a fork in my right testicle. But, winning tonight would have been soething of a miracle. Shoot well and maybe. That was about as close as a screw job as I could fathom.:mad:

Back