>>>>>OU-Kansas State Gameday Thread<<<<<

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. It's unrealistic to shoot 50% from 3 every game. We just had a 25% night from deep and got beat on the boards.

Hopefully it was a good lesson. I just hope we snap out of it by Monday against Texas. Tonight's game is over.

We got out rebounded, gave up a ton of layups, running beside the guy..

Didn't hit open shots...

Our switching d was the worst I've seen it this year.

Ksu played active hard defense from the tip...refs are going to let that happen. Harder to get more aggressive without fouls being called.

Got a big game Monday. Got 6 real tough ones with tt (2) and tcu in the mix

What team in the county is undefeated on the road right now?
I'll give you time to answer.

Not relevant at all. Not expecting us to be undefeated. Expecting us, as a team a lot of folks think is a NC contender, not to lose every game we play on the road against decent competition. That is a BAD indicator for tourney success.

They're not that good of a team - they're 3-7 in conference now. We just don't play well there and had a real stinker today. Oh well it happens and next game is Monday.

Right! We may have just lost chance for conf championship tonight. I don't think we win in M-town or Austin.

I don't mind losing (I do) but losing to mediocre team that we haven't beaten them on the road in 4 years? Key will be if we can get mojo back this week. It WON'T be easy!

Not relevant at all. Not expecting us to be undefeated. Expecting us, as a team a lot of folks think is a NC contender, not to lose every game we play on the road against decent competition. That is a BAD indicator for tourney success.

eh stop overreacting. Obviously these 3 places have our number but our guys have shown up well on the road this year.

The things that will hurt us in the tourney are the same things we've known about the team all year - team defense, rebounding and living by the 3. It isn't rocket science.

We didn't peak too soon , this team is just ran into the ground . Way too many minutes for our starters . Teh only player that doesn't look spent is cousins . Buddy , Woodard , Spangler all looked like warmed over dead right now .
Our bench is probably going to cost us the big 12 title

Have you ever posted a positive comment on this message board? If so, please point it out to me because all I remember is a bunch of negative.

You are 100% correct. I believe in strength of record. That team will end up with probably 15 losses

They very well might end up with 15 losses, but they could just as easily be 6-4 in conference right now as well. I'm not saying K-State is a great team, but their metrics show they are a top 50 team in the country (and probably top 45 by tomorrow morning).....they've just lost too many close games this year.

The worst part of this for me was not that we were getting frustrated offensively (although I didn't like that). It was that we could not stay in front of the guy we were guarding and constantly let them drive and dish; and that was also the reason for several offensive rebounds where we had to help.

I expect a bad offensive night but no reason for defensive like that.

I agree. Our inside defense has left a lot to be desired the last few games. The two games this week are going to test that even more.

Go look at their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know their schedule but to say they're a good team because they've lost a bunch of games against good competition doesn't mean they're really that good. Conference play is what it is and this kind of game is going to happen - just need to show up this week as these 2 games are the big ones.

Losing Lattin was huge, he could never get in the flow tonight and Manyang didn't provide much in reserve.

Buford had the one dunk but that was it.

I was disappointed in getting beat off the dribble so much and the lack of rotation defensively. That is effort and focus, imo.

They very well might end up with 15 losses, but they could just as easily be 6-4 in conference right now as well. I'm not saying K-State is a great team, but their metrics show they are a top 50 team in the country (and probably top 45 by tomorrow morning).....they've just lost too many close games this year.

So we shouldn't be beating top 45-50 teams in the country, even on the road?

We've been lucky to win a couple of other road games, or our road record would look worse. It's a legit concern, whether you guys want to admit to it or not.

eh stop overreacting. Obviously these 3 places have our number but our guys have shown up well on the road this year.

The things that will hurt us in the tourney are the same things we've known about the team all year - team defense, rebounding and living by the 3. It isn't rocket science.

Not trying to negative....and say we're bad, we aren't..BUT...road games
Isu loss
Ku loss
Ksu loss
Bu win
Osu win barely

We haven't played a ton of road games...I'll wait and see @ ut @ wv @ tt...

Oops, Memphis and lsu...so right now about 50/50...so great no, horrible no...

Last edited:

We've been lucky to win a couple of other road games, or our road record would look worse. It's a legit concern, whether you guys want to admit to it or not.

I think the answer you're looking for is we aren't an elite, dominating team. Not sure what's so wrong with that because we're not - there are none in college basketball this year.

No one is great on the road in college basketball. It's harder than any other sport in that aspect.

Consistently, it's tough for any top tier team to beat top 50 teams on the road. We did beat Baylor (#28) and LSU (#54) though.

And like you, I am concerned. I don't like it that we seem to get so damn rattled when teams get physical with us. It's disturbing to see just how much that disrupts our flow. Our defense efficiency has been trending downward as well....so yes I am concerned.

Not trying to negative....and say we're bad, we aren't..BUT...road games
Isu loss
Ku loss
Ksu loss
Bu win
Osu win barely

We haven't played a ton of road games...I'll wait and see @ ut @ wv @ tt...

Even going back to OOC.

Close win against a bad Memphis team.
Close win against a solid Hawaii team.
Close win against an average at best LSU team.

You let bad/mediocre/average teams stick around in road games, they are going to win some that they shouldn't. And it's not just our shooting. Anybody expecting this team to continue shooting at record breaking levels the entire season is kidding themselves. The announcers said we've had the worst ppg defense in conference play. With our athletes and experience, no way that should be happening. And they can't just "turn on" the defense when the 3's aren't falling. Basketball doesn't work that way.

Back