>>>>>OU-Kansas State Gameday Thread<<<<<

We are good but we have our warts. I hope we learn from this one.

And for any metrics nerds out there, this game against KSU (from a computer analytics standpoint) is more difficult than playing KU at home by 3 points.

Not trying to negative....and say we're bad, we aren't..BUT...road games
Isu loss
Ku loss
Ksu loss
Bu win
Osu win barely

We haven't played a ton of road games...I'll wait and see @ ut @ wv @ tt...

Oops, Memphis and lsu...so right now about 50/50...so great no, horrible no...
No team is great on the road. .500 is the goal!

And for any metrics nerds out there, this game against KSU (from a computer analytics standpoint) is more difficult than playing KU at home by 3 points.

I hope that doesn't mean you are predicting KU to beat us by 8!!! :facepalm

:D

Uh, no. Not when you are a top 5 team all season, with the POY, and a projected one seed. The goal is quite a bit higher than that.

I hope that doesn't mean you are predicting KU to beat us by 8!!! :facepalm

:D

Nope, the other way around. The computers had us a 5-pt favorite today and would hypothetically have us an 8-pt favorite at home vs. KU.;)

Uh, no. Not when you are a top 5 team all season, with the POY, and a projected one seed. The goal is quite a bit higher than that.

Agree. This is not a good loss for a team that wants to win the conference outright. I wouldn't mind the loss so much if I thought we just had an off-shooting night and a few fluke plays happened. We were not very good on either end of the floor.

Study some "true road" records. You'd be surprised.

I think the answer you're looking for is we aren't an elite, dominating team. Not sure what's so wrong with that because we're not - there are none in college basketball this year.

Well said. I believe UNC and Maryland have the most talent....player per player, but those two teams aren't elite this year either. That's why there are so many top 10/15 teams losing each week. The difference between 1-25 isn't a very big gap this year....unlike recent years when there has been a dominant team or two.

Even going back to OOC.

Close win against a bad Memphis team.
Close win against a solid Hawaii team.
Close win against an average at best LSU team.

You let bad/mediocre/average teams stick around in road games, they are going to win some that they shouldn't. And it's not just our shooting. Anybody expecting this team to continue shooting at record breaking levels the entire season is kidding themselves. The announcers said we've had the worst ppg defense in conference play. With our athletes and experience, no way that should be happening. And they can't just "turn on" the defense when the 3's aren't falling. Basketball doesn't work that way.

Memphis was the first game, are you really using that as evidence for your theory?

LSU is a decent team, they won both games after our game. They have talent, good athletes probably the best pro talent in college ball.

Basically, you are way off with this post.

Well said. I believe UNC and Maryland have the most talent....player per player, but those two teams aren't elite this year either. That's why there are so many top 10/15 teams losing each week. The difference between 1-25 isn't a very big gap this year....unlike recent years when there has been a dominant team or two.

I think you're probably right. I am really more concerned about our defensive right now than anything else. Our offense carried us in some games when we played so-so D but not tonight. Will be interesting to see if and when our next game like this occurs.

This loss kicks me in the gut because WVU and ISU have already won there and KU has yet to play there. We lost the conference last year because KSU swept us.

Knowing the big 12, yes...that is my thoughts...maybe a little higher. Just cause ya might drop a home game. I know ksu is decent but OU should have won..didn't I move on.

Not relevant at all. Not expecting us to be undefeated. Expecting us, as a team a lot of folks think is a NC contender, not to lose every game we play on the road against decent competition. That is a BAD indicator for tourney success.

I get what you are saying, but that still doesn't make a loss on the road the worst thing that can happen to a good team. Just ask the #2 team UNC if winning on the road is easy. All of their three losses have been on the road; at N. Iowa, Texas and Louisville. They're down by 3 to ND right now, their fourth road loss if they don't find a way to pull out the win.

I used UNC as an example because they're #1 in the coaches poll and #2 in the AP. There are no easy road wins in the Big 12 or any other conference this season.

The officiating was terrible but that's not why we lost. Come on, quit blaming every loss on the refs. KSU shut us down and we couldn't defend or keep them off the boards. They won the game. Man up and admit it.

Come on Booger - READ my words and do a better job interpreting them. I DID'NT say the refs were WHY we lost the game - listen close - I said IF the refs called an EVEN game we would have won even as bad as we played - that is just stating a fact. Of course if OU would have played a good game we would have overcome the refs.

I get what you are saying, but that still doesn't make a loss on the road the worst thing that can happen to a good team. Just ask the #2 team UNC if winning on the road is easy. All of their three losses have been on the road; at N. Iowa, Texas and Louisville. They're down by 3 to ND right now, their fourth road loss if they don't find a way to pull out the win.

I used UNC as an example because they're #1 in the coaches poll and #2 in the AP. There are no easy road wins in the Big 12 or any other conference this season.

According to the computers, Notre Dame would be a 1-pt favorite over K-State on a neutral floor. We didn't lose to a dawg today...so no need for some folks to freak out.

Road wins are angel kisses this year.

According to the computers, Notre Dame would be a 1-pt favorite over K-State on a neutral floor. We didn't lose to a dawg today...so no need for some folks to freak out.

Road wins are angel kisses this year.

ND just handed the #1 team in the coaches poll their fourth loss. I repeat, it's not easy to win on the road in any conference.

Back