*****OU-OSU Pregame Notes/Game Thread/Predictions*****

I actually think OSU plays better without Marcus Smart. They are very thin and can't afford foul trouble but their team is better without him out there clanging the ball off the rim and constantly getting out of posiiton on defense trying to get steals.

Nash and Brown both are very good players.

You won't catch me complaining. I had a feeling from the get go that winning in Stillwater would be tough.

Yup. They fought hard too. They probably needed this one even more than we do.

Yup. They fought hard too. They probably needed this one even more than we do.

That's what 6 losses in a row and 7 of 8 ? Assuming their tourney hopes are pretty bad at this point - don't feel bad but crazy for a supposed final 4 team at the beginning of the year.

Have a week to prepare for KState then on to KU on Big Monday.

I don't know how OSU has lost six in a row. They do have some talent. I think they actually outplayed us in the last minute, and lost. We hit everything in that last minute.

Given that the players who won the game at the end are all freshmen and sophomores, this was a real character win. Do you really expect to win close games on the road when paced by freshmen and sophomores? I'm proud of them.

Think we go 3-1 down the stretch with a loss at KU. To Big-2 tourney with 22-8 and 11-6 record. Not bad for a bunch of underclassmen. Great job LON!!!!!!!!!!

If you read the board and ignored the score you would think we were 20 down. Gary said that some nasty things were said about the team and they were.

I think some would fire the coaching staff and bench all the starters at the first less than perfect play.

Just for fun I counted the negative comments (not the observations) but the harsh criticisms (27) and the less harsh jabs (22).

One poster made 16 comments ranging from harsh to downright vicious. But was basically missing after OU got the lead late and after the game. That poster actually makes it seem worse than it is.

Many of the negative comments are mostly observations but often unfair.

I love that we won. I still don't like how we played. I think we did not take advantage of our strengths against a depleted OSU roster. I think we are better then we have played since WV ( with the exception of Baylor). And I want us to keep getting better.

That's what 6 losses in a row and 7 of 8 ? Assuming their tourney hopes are pretty bad at this point - don't feel bad but crazy for a supposed final 4 team at the beginning of the year.

They probably have to go 4-2 or win with Big 12 tournament to make it. They still have KU, @ISU, KSU, @Baylor left. It won't be easy.

Back