OU vs #9 Texas Tech 8pm CST on ESPNU

You've got to be kidding me with that call. What an absolute joke.

We just don’t have the poise to beat good basketball teams, and apparently not even mediocre ones any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just don’t have the poise to beat good basketball teams, and apparently not even mediocre ones any longer.

Groves with zero points, 2 rebounds and one of the dumbest fouls you’ll ever see

It was definitely unnecessary.

If he made contact with his arm/elbow, I'd agree. Tanner just dislodged him with a good/strong post-up. It was all lower body contact and then a flop. At the absolute worst, an offensive foul. A flagrant? GTFO. That play was closer to a flop warning than a flagrant....

If he made contact with his arm/elbow, I'd agree. Tanner just dislodged him with a good/strong post-up. It was all lower body contact and then a flop. At the absolute worst, an offensive foul. A flagrant? GTFO. That play was closer to a flop warning than a flagrant....

This

A little excessive… yes. Funny though why would the ref call “retaliation” if he didn’t think there was something before… which there was but wasn’t called.

Last edited:
That was not a flagrant foul. Just ridiculous.

However, this is bad basketball. Every OU game these days seems to devolve into unwatchable basketball.

Only shooting 33% and they have made 5 more FTs. We are not out of it but the stupid plays have to be buried and have to make open shots.

Much closer to a hard post with a flop then a flagrant.

There was no reason whatsoever for him to do that. He’s at the very least going to get the whistle blown on him, especially after all the chippiness that preceded it. Dumb.

A little excessive… yes. Funny thought why would the ref call “retaliation” if he didn’t think there v was something before… which there was but wasn’t called.

Agree. But Tanner has to know the refs are on edge after that. It was unnecessary and not smart.

He is still several turnovers short but he has definitely been bad tonight. And the past few games.

True. He is not a perfect impersonator. :)

Ironically, Harkless has 0 turnovers. Makes me nervous about second half.

Second half, play Jacob Groves as much as you can. I haven't seen Tech play much, but they run a really weird defense. They keep the corners/wings open and take everything away in the middle. Going to need someone with height to knock down some 3s.

Back