Preview: Oklahoma @ Utah >>> OUHoops

Henzo

Reaction score
Should definitely be a tough matchup with Utah's size across the board. Who has a prediction to throw on the table?

Link: Preview: OU @ Utah

Re: Preview: Oklahoma @ Utah

Utah: 82
OU: 70

If OU wins this one my predictions will start changing, because I picked a loss against Arizona and OU blew them out. OU needs to prove it can play well away from home for me to say otherwise.

OU in a tight one, 69-67...

Another must-win for the Sooners.

Be interesting to see which coach gives first, and matches the other team's lineup. They start a couple of very large bigs, and we start 4 guards.

I don't think this Utah team is very good, and it doesn't look like they are very explosive offensively. They will block shots though, and as such, I don't expect to get much out of Tiny, or from penetrating. If we hit enough 3's, we'll win. I expect a lower scoring game.....

OU 71
Utah 65

we need to try and get them in foul trouble early...we especially need to push our match-ups with Tiny and Tony. If we can pull one of their bigs out on the floor, it will be a long night for Utah.

This is such an important game for this club and for postseason implications. Thanks for the write-up, Zo.

I will go with: OU 65 Utah 60

So Big since you have Utah beating OU by 12. To me that means that you think Utah is a good team. If OU beats utah. Please spare the board with your "utah isn't any good posts". That will only make the flow of posts on the board better after we beat utah. No need to pick a team by 12 and then say their no good. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

So Big since you have Utah beating OU by 12. To me that means that you think Utah is a good team.

I can't speak for big, but it doesn't necessarily mean that. Maybe he just thinks OU will play like poop on the road again?

What if we don't play like poop but still lose? I think utah would deserve just a little bit of credit don't you? My point is that our team is still building chemistry and learning how to play in certain environments. If our team goes on the road and wins. I won't care one bit about utah. I will take the game as a sign that our young team is getting better and learning how to play on the road. It will also be very exciting to see our team experience success outside of the Link (LNC). Comprende! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

So Big since you have Utah beating OU by 12. To me that means that you think Utah is a good team. If OU beats utah. Please spare the board with your "utah isn't any good posts". That will only make the flow of posts on the board better after we beat utah. No need to pick a team by 12 and then say their no good. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

:clap

He's been pretty quiet today. Wonder if it's because Colorado lost their 4th game last night to Colorado State. The only post I have seen is the one picking against OU.

I don't think Utah is very good, they're probably the 5th or 6th best team in the MWC...I expect to beat them. However, with that said we have done nothing away from the LNC that indicates we play well on the road, which is why I am not very confident about my prediction.

Utah beat Michigan and Illinois, but they have some bad losses. Utah has a great basketball program with great fans, and it will be OU's second true road game. I expect Utah and the crowd to be like VCU, only with more people in attendance.

This is big game for them at home, and I expect them to play like it.

I think Utah has some potential to be a solid to good team. They are really young and have been up and down this year... If OU loses I will not make any posts about how Utah is not good. This is a tough game and will be an impressive win for a young OU team if they pull it off.

Utah beat Michigan and Illinois, but they have some bad losses. Utah has a great basketball program with great fans, and it will be OU's second true road game. I expect Utah and the crowd to be like VCU, only with more people in attendance.

This is big game for them at home, and I expect them to play like it.

I think Utah has some potential to be a solid to good team. They are really young and have been up and down this year... If OU loses I will not make any posts about how Utah is not good. This is a tough game and will be an impressive win for a young OU team if they pull it off.

I may not agree with his score choice, but I do agree with bigabd on Utah's potential. They have a very good defensive team and a lot of really good pieces, including some great depth. Will it click for them offensively this year? Who knows. Right now they're far too inconsistent offensively to know whether they're going to be good or bad on a given night. They've looked like world beaters in some games and they've looked dreadful in others.

All these long road trips are going to come in handy when Big XII play starts.

It is a perfect year with the youth on our team to travel all across the country so early. Conference road trips will be a breeze after all this.

All these long road trips are going to come in handy when Big XII play starts.

It is a perfect year with the youth on our team to travel all across the country so early. Conference road trips will be a breeze after all this.

I just hope they get back at a decent hour so that they will get enough rest to get up and study for finals. We don't need anymore Pattillo, Maze, or Moose type attrition with any of our new guys.

Conference road trips will be a breeze after all this.

Right.... playing mid-majors like VCU and Utah will make those games at KU, UT, OSU, A&M, Tech, Baylor, etc a breeze.

Right.... playing mid-majors like VCU and Utah will make those games at KU, UT, OSU, A&M, Tech, Baylor, etc a breeze.

seemed pretty obvious he meant the travel aspect of conference road trips...

Back