Recruiting Question

Bluesman24

Reaction score
Now that Trae Young’s intention is made public, who’s next?
Does anyone have information on who is on OU’s radar and who do
they have a realistic shot at?

Does anyone else feel like this staff are not strong recruiters?

Crutchfield can certainly recruit.

Kruger visited Aaron Calixte, a grad transfer PG from Maine, this weekend.

I don't know how accurate this website is, but here's some names to consider. Other than a few on this list like Calixte and Taylor, I don't know if any of these guys could help OU.

https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers-1/

Brandon Chauca (G-Cal)
Tre Campbell (G-Georgetown)
Mike Cunningham (G-South Carolina Upstate)
Aaron Calixte (G-Maine)
Jontray Harris (G-Oral Roberts)
Connor Kern (G-Arkansas State)
Jason Massey (G-Brown)
Perris Hicks (G-Fordham)
Wil Bathurst (G-Cornell)
Larry Austin Jr (G-Vanderbilt)
Torry Johnson (G-Northern Arizona)
Ryan Taylor (G-Evansville)
Jeremiah Jefferson (G-Jackson State)
Ikenna Smart (F-Buffalo)
Noah Yates (F-Yale)
Wyatt Walker (F/C-Samford)
Tory Miller-Stewart (F-Colorado)
Aleks Abrams (F-Cal Poly)
Tariq Owens (F-St. John's)
Ryan Luther (F-Pittsburgh)
Abdul Lewis (F-NJIT)
Shawn O-Connell (F-Georgia Southern)

Thank you I appreciate the information!

If the numbers work would love to see at least 3 out of that group make it to Norman.

Crutchfield can certainly recruit.

Kruger visited Aaron Calixte, a grad transfer PG from Maine, this weekend.

Count me in on Crutchfield! I haven’t seen any evidence so far to suggest the two new members of our coaching staff are good recruiters.

It’s just concerning that you don’t hear too much of recruits visiting. or maybe it’s just not published that often.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Like I said earlier, would love to see 3 or 4 make it to Norman.

I mean there will be. We already have two recruits coming in and we have one spot remaining after Trae. Which we are going after a grad transfer at PG since we have Harmon coming in the following year.

It will be interesting to see if anyone transfers. I personally could only see Freeman doing it, but he has already redshirted so he would lose a year of eligibility. (I am pretty sure he would, right?)

Unless he drops down a level. Or if he graduates early (I don't know where he is academically). Or he could always go back home and play there I suppose.

That makes sense. I would be surprised if he did either of those options. He will be fine, some players are great as Juniors/Seniors. I bet (hope) he will be one of those. You honestly never know how one's confidence level will be when he is older than everyone.

It’s just concerning that you don’t hear too much of recruits visiting. or maybe it’s just not published that often.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Like I said earlier, would love to see 3 or 4 make it to Norman.

Kruger has always been pretty quiet on their recruiting efforts.

When can transfers take visits? Don't they have to make their intentions known?

Per Jerry Meyer on Twitter, OU is getting an official visit from juco F Austin Trice.

So far, OU has had contact with Trice, PG Aaron Calixte and combo G Ryan Taylor from Evansville. I would take all 3 if possible.

Per Jerry Meyer on Twitter, OU is getting an official visit from juco F Austin Trice.

Is someone leaving, because I don't see how OU needs a PF unless a roster spots opens up. OU needs a PG desperately.

Maybe someone or someone(s) have expressed interest in leaving, but it hasn't been made public yet.

Trice looks good on film, very athletic and aggressive. I hope they can sign all three and maybe a 4th. The more the merrier, it’s been said competition breeds excellence.

Trice looks good on film, very athletic and aggressive. I hope they can sign all three and maybe a 4th. The more the merrier, it’s been said competition breeds excellence.

They are pushing hard for Trice.

KSU ILLINOIS AND OU

They are pushing hard for Trice.

KSU ILLINOIS AND OU

Coach: Thanks for the info. Love Trice but how would we use him? Noticed in Juco over 2 years he hasn't made a 3. We typically play 4 out. Would he be an undersized 5? Appreciate your insight.

So who is leaving? Seems weird to get a 6'7 PF when you have Doolittle, Manek, Freeman, etc. at that spot, especially when you need a PG.

Wait for it. Trice is a hard nosed rebounder. You guys know we could use that

Back